How Long Does It Take You To Get To Disney World.

bjlc57

Tinkrbell said:
When we drive down it takes about 2 & a half days. We leave Milwaukee at around 5:00am, get to Nashville around 6:00pm. The next day we get to Valdosta by 7:00pm (depends on what time we leave Nashville). The last day we finish up by driving the rest of the way to WDW. It usually takes us longer though because we stop to visit family along the way.

We leave the south side of Milwaukee at 4am... This gets you to the turn on hy 65 in just around 2 hours if you go through downtown Chicago.. But by leaving at this time, there is little traffic in Chicago.. But if you wait until even 4:30 am the traffic starts to build..

You have a choice from Milwaukee, if you have a new car or a rental go to Atlanta and go over the Mountains in Chatanooga.. or take hy 65 right to Birmingham..

By way of Atlanta, Veldosta is the optiimum stopping point......

In Birmingham, we stay on the south end of town.......We again leave at 5am...
We take 65 to 231 in Montgomery, and right before you get to Florida, there are a couple of small towns WHERE YOU ACTUALLY GET A DEAL ON ORANGES... not like those big stands on the main highways..

Hy 231 to Hy 10.... 10 to 75 and then to the Florida turnpike..

Believe it or not the time difference is not much between the two routes.. BUT GOING OVER THE MOUNTAINS IS.....

The key to both these methods is leaving early....especially with kids,,, the kids don't wake up until you are knee deep into Indiana... Plus when you drive hy 65 there are no turn offs.. One road, one direction... GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lastly the real key to driving is to try and not look at the signs telling you how much further you have to go.. Just go until you need to stop... then you can figure out how far you went and how much further to go.. This allows the miles to "blend together" instead of driving each and every mile...

I hope that this advise helps.... I wish you well..

Laura

11 hours. But a lot of times we take it easy and cover it over 2 days. I find driving an entire day with toddlers to be too stressful and I don't like stress when I'm going to Disney.

Growing up in Upstate, NY it was a 2-3 day drive each way, and we did it once or twice a year. So I'm thankful to only be 11 hours now!

Laura

Nicole said:
I drive from Fayetteville NC (which ironically is the halfway point for lots of people) and it takes us anywhere from 8-9 hours. Usually we try to leave home by 8 am which means we're actually on the road by 9, and we get to our hotel between 5 and 6 pm. If I drive by myself with my kids we generally only eat dinner the first night, if my DH is with me to help with the driving we may hit a park if they are having EMH.

When we reach Fayetteville that's when I feel like we're actually "on the way". We live in Jacksonville so it's all back roads from Jacksonville to Fayetteville and it doesn't feel like that counts as part of the drive. LOL.

WTBAD

Drining from the house to WDW is 598 miles and takes 9 1/2 hrours. If we fly out of New Orleans with a good tail wind, just under 1 hour takeoff to landing. Then on the ME to the hotel.

TheBeatles

Driving from Detroit, it usually takes about 2 days. Not a full 48 hours, but you get my drift. Depending on departure, we either stay in KY or TN overnight. I hope none of you ever have to drive through Ohio. No offense to those of you from Ohio, but its a boring drive. Flying takes about 2 hours.

Nemo14

JMishy said:
Really? I'll have to keep my eye on that then. Thanks! :wave:
FYI, Just checked on this, and SW has several flights to Orlando from Manchester daily, and 4 of the are non-stop.

TheSuperTom

If I walk to Magic Kingdom's gate, it takes about 30mins. If I drive, it takes a few minutes. One benefit of living directly behind the Magic Kingdom.:D

JMishy

Nemo14 said:
FYI, Just checked on this, and SW has several flights to Orlando from Manchester daily, and 4 of the are non-stop.

Sweet! Thanks! :wave:

Any tips on resisting the urge to book a spontaneous trip to WDW...? :lookaroun

BeachClubVillas

JMishy said:
Driving from Conway, NH to Orlando, FL it's about a 26 hour drive, so it takes us a good two days if we push it, three days if we take it easy. If we wanted to fly, we would first drive three hours to Boston and then take a plane to Orlando. That's about a 4/5 hour straight flight.

I miss the 2 1/2 hour drive from Jacksonville to Orlando. :cry:

I love Conway! I'm going to North Conway for President's Day Weekend. Gotta get some shopping in. And I can't wait to eat at the Red Parka. :animwink: It's my all time favorite restaurant

Aurora_25

Driving it takes a about 16 hours- 18 if we make alot of stops.
Flying- it's about a 3-4 hour flight and then sitting in the airport in Houston for at least an hour before the flight and getting transportation to Disney at Orlando airport- I would say 6 hours or so....:veryconfu Haven't done the plane thing much to disney so it's still new to me.:D

JMishy

BeachClubVillas said:
I love Conway! I'm going to North Conway for President's Day Weekend. Gotta get some shopping in. And I can't wait to eat at the Red Parka. :animwink: It's my all time favorite restaurant

Best place to go shopping is Settler's Green or (OVP I think it's called now). Have you ever been to the Christmas Loft? If not, check it out next time you're up here. :wave:

Ok, sorry about all the thread hijacking. I'll be good now. :D

Denscott

TheBeatles said:
Driving from Detroit, it usually takes about 2 days. Not a full 48 hours, but you get my drift. Depending on departure, we either stay in KY or TN overnight. I hope none of you ever have to drive through Ohio. No offense to those of you from Ohio, but its a boring drive. Flying takes about 2 hours.

Same with me from Windsor. Left at 3:00am and stopped the first night in Macon, Georgia. We left at 5:00am the next morning and were at the Magic Kingdom by noon.

Ohio is best seen in the darkness of night! :snore:

The only stretch of road that beats Ohio is Windsor to Toronto...nothing but flat farmland and absolutely no billboards or any city just off the highway until London!!

celticdog

from central Virginia:

By car: 11-12 hours on avarage. My best time was 10.5 hours.

By plane: 2 hours. (direct flight).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom