Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
alrighty... so when if my interviewers asks me personal questions, what do I respond with. I'll give you my true answer, and you fill in what it should be :lol

My favorite sports teams:
Baseball: Boston Red Sox
Baseketball: Miami Heat
Hockey: Tampa Bay Lightning
Football: New England Patriots
Soccer (who knows): Arsenal/Barcelona

Favorite Pizza: any
Favorite City in the World: San Francisco
Best SNL sketch: Superfans
Favorite Light Snack: Bottle of Water

I'm guessing they should be something like...

Baseball: Cubs
Baseketball: the bulls of the mid 90's
Hockey: Blackhawks? Not quite sure, since I don't think there are any Blackhawks fans out there
Football: Da Bears
Soccer: sucks

Favorite Pizza: not New York
Favorite City in the World: not New York
Favorite Light Snack: Bratwurst

PinMadness

alrighty... so when if my interviewers asks me personal questions, what do I respond with. I'll give you my true answer, and you fill in what it should be :lol

Baseball: Boston Red Sox
Baseketball: Miami Heat
Hockey: Tampa Bay Lightning
Football: New England Patriots
Soccer (who knows): Arsenal/Barcelona

Favorite Pizza: any
Favorite City in the World: San Francisco
Favorite Light Snack: Bottle of Water

Baseball: Cubs
Baseketball: the bulls of the mid 90's
Hockey: Blackhawks? Not quite sure, since I don't think there are any Blackhawks fans out there
Football: Da Bears
Soccer: sucks

Favorite Pizza: not New York
Favorite City in the World: not New York
Favorite Light Snack: Bratwurst

:) Funny!

If the person is from the South Side, you should definately not say the Cubs.
Cubs fans are generally Northsiders...Sox fans are usually Southsiders.

And you'd be safe saying Chicago style pizza. :slurp: And that Chicago is your favorite city. And the Chicago Fire for soccer.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I believe you are correct! John told me Scott's Pet Shop.

Scott's rules!!!

I know Scott. He is great guy! I get all my fish there! His prices are kinda high... but you have a great selction of fish... even some really unique stuff. And every fish I have bought from him, is still alive and well, and very healthy. So I dont mind paying the higher prices... for the great quailty that he has.

:sohappy: :sohappy:

GenerationX

I'll help you out:

Baseball: Boston Red Sox This is fine. White Sox fans feel a kinship with Red Sox fans, especially after the 2004/2005 seasons. Cubs fans don't really care about baseball.
Baseketball: Miami Heat Chicagoans generally don't like Pat Riley.
Hockey: Tampa Bay Lightning Most Chicagoans will wonder what Tampa Bay and Hockey have to do with each other.
Football: New England Patriots Former QB Tony Eason was an Illinois grad.
Soccer (who knows): Arsenal/Barcelona Who?

Favorite Pizza: any Bite your tongue.
Favorite City in the World: San Francisco No.
Best SNL sketch: Superfans Yes, even we love this.
Favorite Light Snack: Bottle of Water What?

Baseball: Cubs Go with the White Sox. Cubs fans don't care about the White Sox, White Sox fans hate the Cubs.
Baseketball: the bulls of the mid 90's No question about it.
Hockey: Blackhawks? Not quite sure, since I don't think there are any Blackhawks fans out there The Wolves have more fans than the Blackhawks.
Football: Da Bears YES!
Soccer: sucks Nah, most people have kids that play it now.

Favorite Pizza: not New York Chicago deep dish.
Favorite City in the World: not New York Chicago and no other.
Best SNL sketch: Superfans Yes.
Favorite Light Snack: Bratwurst That's more Milwaukee. And anyway, Chicagoans don't have light snacks. We have meals, and we have between meal meals.

FanofDinsey1981

I'll help you out:

I would agree with the all of this, but if you wanted to go with a light snack, you can say Frango Mints, and then talk about what a horrible travisty (sp?) it was that they moved the factory out of chicago. Oh, and talk about how horrible it was that Macy's bought out Marshall Fields and then changed the name to Macy's. Ugh.

k.hunter30

I'll help you out:
Correction, Cubs fans really do hate the White Sox - not for a good reason, just to do it. :lookaroun
Oh, and if your interviewer IS from the north side and you're going to go with Cubs - you might want to mumble something negative about goats under your breath...:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

You might also want to convey some hatred towards Green Bay.

Erika

Correction, Cubs fans really do hate the White Sox - not for a good reason, just to do it. :lookaroun
Oh, and if your interviewer IS from the north side and you're going to go with Cubs - you might want to mumble something negative about goats under your breath...:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

You might also want to convey some hatred towards Green Bay.

There you go :ROFLOL:

I'm a baseball anomaly as my mom, raised on the South Side (near where Barbershop was filmed- REAL southside, none of this hoity toity suburban crap!) and is a Cubs fan while my dad, raised in Glenview, prefers the Sox! Talk about confusion :lol: As a result, I like them both (but go Cubbies!) :lookaroun

k.hunter30

There you go :ROFLOL:

I'm a baseball anomaly as my mom, raised on the South Side (near where Barbershop was filmed- REAL southside, none of this hoity toity suburban crap!) and is a Cubs fan while my dad, raised in Glenview, prefers the Sox! Talk about confusion :lol: As a result, I like them both (but go Cubbies!) :lookaroun
That IS odd! :lol:
I'm originally from Glenview as well!

dopey

I'll help you out:

Good answers for the most part. But for hockey, the best answer is to say something about how cheapskate Blackhawks owner Bill Wirtz has ruined the team. For good measure, mention that they should've never traded Bobby Hull.

If asked about soccer, it's best to just look confused or look like you've just smelled a dead possum. But you can be pretty sure that nobody in Chicago is gonna ask you about soccer.

For light snack, go with Italian beef sammich, dipped and hot, with cheese fries.

k.hunter30

Good answers for the most part. But for hockey, the best answer is to say something about how cheapskate Blackhawks owner Bill Wirtz has ruined the team. For good measure, mention that they should've never traded Bobby Hull.

If asked about soccer, it's best to just look confused or look like you've just smelled a dead possum. But you can be pretty sure that nobody in Chicago is gonna ask you about soccer.

For light snack, go with Italian beef sammich, dipped and hot, with cheese fries.
I wish I could go to Portillos right now...:slurp:

k.hunter30

My sister lived in Tinley Park for 2 years, I loved going and visiting her, since there was a portillo's within walking distance. Oh, and an Oberwiess (sp!?) ice cream shop. MMMM. :slurp:
logo1.gif

*drool*
It was my brother's favorite ice cream!

FanofDinsey1981

logo1.gif

*drool*
It was my brother's favorite ice cream!

There is now one by my parents house in Bradley/Bourbonnais, but I have yet to get over there. I think for my birthday I am going to ask for one of their ice cream cakes. and a pirates theme.

And I will be turning 26. I never really did grow up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom