Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Just checkin the lineup for Taste....

Looks like everyone walking by Grant Park will get a passive high on this day:

Fri. July 6, 2007
CITY OF CHICAGO AND U.S. CELLULAR PRESENT
THE BLACK CROWES

Bring your Bong... and hackysak...man!

So that concert looks good... and John Mayer might be worth checking out....

Wed. July 4, 2007
CITY OF CHICAGO & 93XRT PRESENT
JOHN MAYER

Everything else is just "eh".

FanofDinsey1981

Here is my short Chicago trip report. My mom, dad, sister and I headed downtown for a few hours yesterday to hit up the Taste of Chicago, and us three girls saw Wicked (while daddy walked around downtown).

Taste - delicious as always, we stuck mostly to the 'taste' portions so we could sample more. My favorite was the Billy Goat, where mom got a steak sandwich of some sort. mmmm.:slurp: It was hot.....realllllly hot out. Blazin' hot. So after about an hour we were ready to head for some a/c.

Wicked - I LOVED IT. We all three did. Galinda was so funny, and the perfomances were delightful. I bought a t-shirt, magnet, program, and lapel pin. and I was very close to buying some of the jewerly. Wicked is now number 2 on my list behind The Lion King, and I am hoping to see it again someday.

Dan Ryan - HORRIBLE, but not so horrible to avoid. We had traffic jams at the Dan Ryan/94/57 interchanges, but everything else ran pretty smoothly.

All in all, a fantastic 6 hours in downtown Chicago. :)

dopey

My favorite was the Billy Goat, where mom got a steak sandwich of some sort. mmmm.:slurp:

I'm not sure what mom ate, but having eaten at The Billy Goat Tavern on a regular basis for a few years, I can assure you that they do not have a steak sandwich on their menu! :lol: Those Greeks are always goofing around. They didn't make you order a "double" steak sandwich, did they? "Double" is the best.

DMC-12

I'm not sure what mom ate, but having eaten at The Billy Goat Tavern on a regular basis for a few years, I can assure you that they do not have a steak sandwich on their menu! :lol: Those Greeks are always goofing around.

Seen it last week... 10 Tickets -- Here is a pic I took.

TasteOfChicago009.jpg

Maybe its not steak though... maybe its a Lower Wacker 'snack' of some sort. :lookaroun :shrug: :lookaroun

But for 10 tix.. you expect real meat damnit! So you better be getting it. :lol:

DMC-12

Its been a busy night / early morning with the "Batman: The Dark Knight" crew:

The 3 production driveable Tumblers... from my office window:

Batman13JUL002.jpg

A closer look:

Batman13JUL042.jpg

Gotham SWAT Team in action:

Batman13JUL010.jpg

"CUT! -- RESET!!"

Batman13JUL017.jpg

Batman13JUL021.jpg

Camera rig vehicle:

Batman13JUL023.jpg

Still setting up:

Batman13JUL030.jpg

Gotham National Bank Armored Vehicle:

Batman13JUL036.jpg

Crews spraying down one of the Gotham SWAT vehicles with some sort of flammable liquid/gel for a collision scene:

Batman13JUL035.jpg

It was a fun night!

FanofDinsey1981

How very cool! Thanks for the photos!

We re-watched Batman Returns last weekend before we went to chicago, it was fun watching the movie and figuring it out where it was.

k.hunter30

Here is my short Chicago trip report. My mom, dad, sister and I headed downtown for a few hours yesterday to hit up the Taste of Chicago, and us three girls saw Wicked (while daddy walked around downtown).

Taste - delicious as always, we stuck mostly to the 'taste' portions so we could sample more. My favorite was the Billy Goat, where mom got a steak sandwich of some sort. mmmm.:slurp: It was hot.....realllllly hot out. Blazin' hot. So after about an hour we were ready to head for some a/c.
You didn't have the hummus, did you? :lookaroun

I'm not sure what mom ate, but having eaten at The Billy Goat Tavern on a regular basis for a few years, I can assure you that they do not have a steak sandwich on their menu! :lol: Those Greeks are always goofing around. They didn't make you order a "double" steak sandwich, did they? "Double" is the best.
"Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger! Best deal!"

DMC-12

Oh I am glad I didn't get the hummus! I had that in mind to try, but never made it to that booth. Good thing I didn't! I think the tally is up to 126 people sick from it.:hurl:

Some chick next to me had it... near the coconut rice w/ goat meat stand... she was asking me about my dish.... and then I asked her about hers.... and she said it was really good.. and that I should try it. I am sooo glad that I didnt now.... cause I was really going to, based on her review. :eek:

dopey

Jer, are you in the Helene Curtis building?

Eating at the Taste is crazy. Long lines, crowds, the food s always more expensive than what you'd pay at the actual restaurant and, to top it off, sustandard food-safety practices. I miss ChicagoFest. Now THAT was fun!

DMC-12

Jer, are you in the Helene Curtis building?

Eating at the Taste is crazy. Long lines, crowds, the food s always more expensive than what you'd pay at the actual restaurant and, to top it off, sustandard food-safety practices. I miss ChicagoFest. Now THAT was fun!

Im in the ginormus one... next door to it. :lookaroun

Well for at least one more day. :lol: :eek:

BTW... Helene Curtis sold that building and it now some interior design showrooms... and a The Chicago School for shrinks. :lol:

DMC-12

The "tumbler" (batmobile) was out in all it glory tonight. I took these pics a couple of hours ago:

Batman15JUL012.jpg

Batman15JUL015.jpg

Batman15JUL016.jpg

FanofDinsey1981

everyone ok in the chicagoland area?! That was some scary-ness yesterday, and I was only watching the videos. My sister, south of joliet, was stuck at a gas city for a few hours, mom and dad in Kankakee are without power, and my cousins flew into Midway 5 minutes before the storm hit there. They were stuck in baggage claim for a few hours before they would let anyone go.

Hopefully, even though they are calling for more storms today, they will not be severe. Stay safe everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom