Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Jun 20th, I have a job interview in Chicago.

So I guess for a few hours I'll be an Illinois Disney Fan as well :lookaroun

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

I thought this thread died a Loooong time ago. :lookaroun

I'd let ya stay at my place.. but I will have a family member in town... who I am lending my room to... and I am taking the couch (I hate being nice, especially to family :lookaroun :lookaroun :p )

So whats the final story on this? I will be working most likely... but I will be off around mid-night.

Do you need a ride anywhere?

Is the job local? If so.. can you give me a job? :lookaroun :lol:

GenerationX

Good luck! :)

Here are some tips for you on your interview:
1. Make sure to leave yourself plenty of time to get there. Chicago has the worst traffic next to L.A., which is the absolute worst.
2. Do not make any derogatory comments about the Bears or Ditka. You can question Grossman's big game skills, but that's about as far as you can go.
3. Small talk topics: cicadas (they're just starting to emerge here), the Cubs stinking as usual (despite a high payroll), and the White Sox have hope once everyone gets off the DL.

If you want to suck up (and who doesn't on a job interview) mention that you're stopping later for some deep dish pizza because you've heard Chicago has the best pizza in the universe and all other pizza is crap. Which is true.

sissa216

3. Small talk topics: cicadas (they're just starting to emerge here), the Cubs stinking as usual (despite a high payroll), and the White Sox have hope once everyone gets off the DL.
SMALL talk? LOL.That's ALL I hear about on the radio every morning... luckily they haven't yet hit on the Indiana side...

mkt

Premium Member
I thought this thread died a Loooong time ago. :lookaroun

I'd let ya stay at my place.. but I will have a family member in town... who I am lending my room to... and I am taking the couch (I hate being nice, especially to family :lookaroun :lookaroun :p )

So whats the final story on this? I will be working most likely... but I will be off around mid-night.

Do you need a ride anywhere?

Is the job local? If so.. can you give me a job? :lookaroun :lol:

Wanna pick me up at ORD at 9am? My interview is at 1pm downtown, it should be done by 5pm, then I have a 720 flight to catch in ORD. I'm probably gonna take Metra back to the airport and pick up a shuttle.

The job is with a Chicago based company... United Airlines :lol: It would actually be a step down for me, but I'm in the midst of a quarter life crisis- I don't care anymore.

Here are some tips for you on your interview:
1. Make sure to leave yourself plenty of time to get there. Chicago has the worst traffic next to L.A., which is the absolute worst.
2. Do not make any derogatory comments about the Bears or Ditka. You can question Grossman's big game skills, but that's about as far as you can go.

If you want to suck up (and who doesn't on a job interview) mention that you're stopping later for some deep dish pizza because you've heard Chicago has the best pizza in the universe and all other pizza is crap. Which is true.

Actually, since my flight lands at 9am, and my interview isn't till 1, I really do wanna try some Chicago pizza for an early lunch (11am-ish?)

Erika

Wanna pick me up at ORD at 9am? My interview is at 1pm downtown, it should be done by 5pm, then I have a 720 flight to catch in ORD. I'm probably gonna take Metra back to the airport and pick up a shuttle.

Shows hows much I know-- all this time living there and knowing United employees, I never even knew they had downtown offices :ROFLOL: :hammer: :eek:

Time to crawl back in my hole.

mkt

Premium Member
Shows hows much I know-- all this time living there and knowing United employees, I never even knew they had downtown offices :ROFLOL: :hammer: :eek:

Time to crawl back in my hole.
they have HR offices downtown on Riverside and Madison

Erika

Yep, never know that :lol:

See how informed I am?
01.gif

JustPlainBill

SMALL talk? LOL.That's ALL I hear about on the radio every morning... luckily they haven't yet hit on the Indiana side...
I took these three pictures three weeks ago in my backyard located in northern Illinois about 60 miles northwest of Chicago.
These guys were the first cicadas to emerge. Today, there are hundreds of thousands of these things in my trees and yard flying around and making noise so loud they sound like a jet engine. For scale these guys are about 3 inches long. We're leaving for WDW next week Saturday, hopefully they'll be gone by the time we come back and we won't see them for another 17 years!
Cicada2.JPG

This is a white one drying off his/her wings before flying off
Cicada3.JPG

This one is coming out of his exoskeleton, I had hundreds of these skins attached to my house.:hurl:
Cicada1.JPG

Dwarful

ah, the lovely cicada crunch on the cars...don't even bother with the car wash, because by the time you get home it will have a fresh coating. Nothing ruins a good float trip like "cicada year"

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

Cool... I used to work for a graphic design company right there (probally in the same building your going).

The Metra station is at Madison and Canal.. the CitiCorp building... you can actually just take the connecting pedestian bridge over Canal... and bam... you are right there, in the station.

But... if your interview is at 1pm... you will be out most likely at 2-2:30PM.. you can jump on the CTA Blue line (out to ORD).. with plenty of time to spare.. IMO. (Unless you think its really gonna run to 5pm?!).

Yeah... I can pick ya up at ORD (as much as I HATE that place :p ). Get some coffee.. and hang downtown for a bit. Then, we could hit UNO's (the Original -- its much better than the crappy chain), or Malnati's, by my office. Malnati's is better... IMO. I have to be at work at 3pm though.

You sooo have to keep reminding me though... that you are coming in on the 20th at 9AM. My memory is getting bad... due to work issues, lack of sleep, & stress. :lol: :eek:

sissa216

I took these three pictures three weeks ago in my backyard located in northern Illinois about 60 miles northwest of Chicago.
These guys were the first cicadas to emerge. Today, there are hundreds of thousands of these things in my trees and yard flying around and making noise so loud they sound like a jet engine. For scale these guys are about 3 inches long. We're leaving for WDW next week Saturday, hopefully they'll be gone by the time we come back and we won't see them for another 17 years!
Cicada2.JPG

This is a white one drying off his/her wings before flying off
Cicada3.JPG

This one is coming out of his exoskeleton, I had hundreds of these skins attached to my house.:hurl:
Cicada1.JPG

:hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:
so glad we haven't seen them yet

DisneyCP2000

I'll leave my place at at 8:30AM and depending on traffic.. I should be getting there just as you are exiting the building. What airline?

Jer...shouldn't you know Chicago traffic like the back of your hand :animwink: .

And Rob, best of luck to you on your interview. And hopefully you have some spare time to enjoy the city! There's a water taxi a block north of riverside if you want to take an alternate form of transportation around the loop. I work in a building across from where you're heading...maybe I'll see you guys walking around?!?!?!??!

JustPlainBill

:hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:
so glad we haven't seen them yet
It was an adventure mowing the lawn over the weekend, I was under constant attack. The critters were coming at me and landing on me from all directions. I was riding my lawn tractor when I approached a low hanging tree branch I noticed it was loaded with cicadas. Not wanting to get a face full of bugs I leaned way back, just then the steering wheel popped off and I tumbled backwards off the tractor spilling out on the lawn, luckily the tractor has a deadmans switch that kills the engine when no one is sitting on the tractor. After my wife realized I wasn't hurt, she had a good laugh! When I came into the house after mowing all morning She asked me if I shook myself off, I said yes that I did, but then felt something on my neck, swatting at my neck and back a couple of cicadas fell to the floor, to which my wife screamed, then had another good laugh at my expense. I know these guys are harmless, but they're creepy as heck!

FanofDinsey1981

Good luck MKT!

And I was in the Brookfield area yesterday for a shower, and DANG were those cicadas LOUD. I had the radio up, windows rolled up, and the A/C on blast and could still hear them buzzin'. It was quite facinating to hear them, and even looking at the trees and seeing their little shells.

And then I was happy to go home to Champaign where I don't have to hear them. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom