Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Awesome!

Additional randomness -

They are filiming a movie in Blue Island right now. It is about the first African American football player to win a Heisman. It has Dennis Quaid in it...I think that is the only big name. Nonetheless, I've been stalking the crew all about town. It is pretty cool to watch!

Wow.. I did not know about that one. Thats great though!

Its great that we got the film industry back here in IL now. They (all the studios) all went to Canada in the early part of the century. But now the studios are back due to Blagojevich's (sp?) tax breaks. Awesome!

"Batman: The Dark Night" is gonna bring in $45mil alone to the state/area... just in casting local folks and techs, and in equipment rentals. Nice bump for our economy!

Also... some HBO mini-series was shooting down the street from my office last month. So I have to admit. I am all geeked out about seeing camera crews around town again. I heavily support the film industry here in Illinois. I had a girlfriend who ran a prop house here in the late 90's... but she went out of biz when all the film projects went North of the border. So, its good to see the film industry back here... and in full force.

:sohappy:

dopey

Wow.. I did not know about that one. Thats great though!

Its great that we got the film industry back here in IL now. They (all the studios) all went to Canada in the early part of the century. But now the studios are back due to Blagojevich's (sp?) tax breaks. Awesome!

"Batman: The Dark Night" is gonna bring in $45mil alone to the state/area... just in casting local folks and techs, and in equipment rentals. Nice bump for our economy!

Also... some HBO mini-series was shooting down the street from my office last month. So I have to admit. I am all geeked out about seeing camera crews around town again. I heavily support the film industry here in Illinois. I had a girlfriend who ran a prop house here in the late 90's... but she went out of biz when all the film projects went North of the border. So, its good to see the film industry back here... and in full force.

:sohappy:

It's hardly in full force, but it's been a good summer. Canada is actually losing business to places like New Zealand.

I was an extra in a Tim Robbins flick that was filming here a couple weeks ago. I had a good time and met some fun people, but it was pretty boring. You sit around for hours on end half the night and then "perform" the same scenes over and over and over until the crack of dawn.

DMC-12

I was an extra in a Tim Robbins flick that was filming here a couple weeks ago. I had a good time and met some fun people, but it was pretty boring. You sit around for hours on end half the night and then "perform" the same scenes over and over and over until the crack of dawn.

Hmmm.. you should of raided the craft services table... or the caterers truck. :slurp: :lookaroun

PinMadness

That is awesome!

I was an extra for a Travel Channel show in WDW. That was also really, really boring. I did get to ride the ToT a whole bunch though.

But I don't think I'd have to patience to be an extra for anything again. Unless it is for an awesome movie in Chicago with like Kevin Spacey in it or something.

Which I don't think will happen.

dopey

Hmmm.. you should of raided the craft services table... or the caterers truck. :slurp: :lookaroun

I did! That's all there is to do. I almost wished I was a smoker again, just to have something to do.

That is awesome!

I was an extra for a Travel Channel show in WDW. That was also really, really boring. I did get to ride the ToT a whole bunch though.

But I don't think I'd have to patience to be an extra for anything again. Unless it is for an awesome movie in Chicago with like Kevin Spacey in it or something.

Which I don't think will happen.

I'm with you. A lot of the other extras were talking about Batman and that football movie. I had enough. Now if I had a speaking role, maybe I'd do it. :lol:

GenerationX

Are you talking about the movie being filmed in Barrington Hills? One of our neighbors mentioned it to us, and my wife thought about going out there to make contacts (I understand you screenwriter types do these sorts of things). Unfortunately, we had a bad soccer/baseball schedule that night and couldn't really get my wife over there. I hope you met some industry types! :wave:

Erika

Are you talking about the movie being filmed in Barrington Hills? One of our neighbors mentioned it to us, and my wife thought about going out there to make contacts (I understand you screenwriter types do these sorts of things). Unfortunately, we had a bad soccer/baseball schedule that night and couldn't really get my wife over there. I hope you met some industry types! :wave:

No way! I didn't know they were filming over there. See what I miss 2000 miles away?

Does anybody remember when they filmed Normal Life in Bartlett/Streamwood/Hoffman Estates right around 95-96? I had a couple of friends who hung around that set a lot. It ended up going straight to HBO. But it was funny to see, on screen, Ashley Judd and Luke Perry driving down Barrington Rd :lol:

dopey

That's the one. They were filming an outdoor mansion party scene. There's some sort of argument about the Iraq war and then Tim Robbins dances with some blonde. There were other things going on, but those were the two scenes I was involved in. Everybody was nice. The writer/director, Neil Burger ("The Illusionist") seemed like a nice guy. But I didn't have an opportunity to talk to him. I guess he had better things to do than hang out with extras in the storage facility. :lol:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Chicagoans (or is it Chicagoites, or is it Chicagans, or is it Shaka khans?) my job interview was changed to the 19th

mkt

Premium Member
The interview went as well as it could have gone... I wasn't rejected. I have a second interview, this time at United HQ on the 2nd of July :D

Impressions of my limited time in Chicago? I really liked it... a lot. The city was clean..ish, the people were all friendly and seemed.. well, more real than people in other sizeable cities. I felt comfortable there... it was like a pair of comfy shoes, just right.

I really would not mind getting this job and potentially relocating to Chicago.

Oh, my chicago photos are here: http://www.mkt3000.com/pics/chicago_6-19-07/

DMC-12

The interview went as well as it could have gone... I wasn't rejected. I have a second interview, this time at United HQ on the 2nd of July :D

Impressions of my limited time in Chicago? I really liked it... a lot. The city was clean..ish, the people were all friendly and seemed.. well, more real than people in other sizeable cities. I felt comfortable there... it was like a pair of comfy shoes, just right.

I really would not mind getting this job and potentially relocating to Chicago.

Oh, my chicago photos are here: http://www.mkt3000.com/pics/chicago_6-19-07/

And you havent even gone East of Clark Street... or North of Ohio Street yet... it gets MUCH better!

There is still Wrigley Field, Michigan Ave, The Museum Campus, The Art Institute, The former Disney Quest [lol], Millennium Park, Lake Shore Drive, Lincoln Park, Navy Pier, all the beaches...etc... The Hancock... the list goes on.

When we have more time... I will show you a LOT more! :sohappy:

Edit: The taste of Chicago will be going on when you are here next... if you want, we can go. Yum!

Erika

And you havent even gone East of Clark Street... or North of Ohio Street yet... it gets MUCH better!

There is still Wrigley Field, Michigan Ave, The Museum Campus, The Art Institute, The former Disney Quest [lol], Millennium Park, Lake Shore Drive, Lincoln Park, Navy Pier, all the beaches...etc... The Hancock... the list goes on.

All favorites of mine. And Second City! Ahhhhhhhhhhh Second City

mkt

Premium Member
I wonder if Kenny Rogers will have his roasters :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom