Have you noticed a lot of Illinois Disney fans?

dopey

My sister lived in Tinley Park for 2 years, I loved going and visiting her, since there was a portillo's within walking distance. Oh, and an Oberwiess (sp!?) ice cream shop. MMMM. :slurp:

Harlem and 135th Street. I pass both by every time I go to the gym. But I try not to think about it.

dopey

haha! Exactly the place! She lived in the apartments right by Portillo's.

It is a good thing I don't have a portillo's near me, I would be there WAY too much.

I meant Harlem and 159th Street. I live off 135th Street. Which I guess it sounded familiar. :hammer:

Portillo's isn't much of a temptation to me because there are better beef sandwiches in the area. If I'm going to take on all those calories, I'm going to go to my favorite beef stand, Tony's on 70th and Pulaski. Or I'd do Buona Beef out in Berwyn. The beef at Hot Diggity's downtown is pretty good, too.

FanofDinsey1981

I meant Harlem and 159th Street. I live off 135th Street. Which I guess it sounded familiar. :hammer:

Portillo's isn't much of a temptation to me because there are better beef sandwiches in the area. If I'm going to take on all those calories, I'm going to go to my favorite beef stand, Tony's on 70th and Pulaski. Or I'd do Buona Beef out in Berwyn. The beef at Hot Diggity's downtown is pretty good, too.

And obviously I don't know my streets very well. 159th sound even more right.
:hammer:
I have eaten at Buona Beef before, but I know nothing about Hot Diggity's.

k.hunter30

Buona Beef has nothing on Portillos - in my humble opinion. Maybe I just like being able to get one of the best Chicago-style dogs AND an Italian beef at one meal! :slurp:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Mmmm Portillos chocolate cake..... :slurp: :slurp:

I tell everyone the secret ingrediant now. :lol: :lookaroun

its mayo

Thanks, Erika! :lol: :sohappy: :sohappy:

dopey

And obviously I don't know my streets very well. 159th sound even more right.
:hammer:
I have eaten at Buona Beef before, but I know nothing about Hot Diggity's.

Hot Diggity's is a little stand off Columbus Drive. I think it's on Grand Avenue. Lots of folks from CBS studios used to go there. Hey, Jer! You know the place I'm talking about?

Buona Beef has nothing on Portillos - in my humble opinion. Maybe I just like being able to get one of the best Chicago-style dogs AND an Italian beef at one meal! :slurp:

This calls for a contest. If all you need to make your beef experience complete is a Chicago-style hot dog, you'd like Tony's. If you're still hungry, you can also get a Tom-Tom tamale!

Mmmm Portillos chocolate cake..... :slurp: :slurp:

I had some on Sunday. It's good. And cheap too!

FanofDinsey1981

The Portillo's Strawberry Shortcake is outstanding. Every time I go I have to pick one up for my dad. I am thinkin' next time we are up near the 'burbs we will be stoping by Portillo's. :slurp:

Erika

I wish I could go to Portillos right now...:slurp:

One of my girlfriends texted me with "I'm eating yummy Portillos right now" earlier this week :mad:

Or should I say "former girlfriend" :fork: :fork: evil person

logo1.gif

*drool*
It was my brother's favorite ice cream!

Elaine Oberweis is married into my family via some 4857439867568579th cousin or other. But no free ice cream thus far :cry:

dazzle_em55

It was an adventure mowing the lawn over the weekend, I was under constant attack. The critters were coming at me and landing on me from all directions. I was riding my lawn tractor when I approached a low hanging tree branch I noticed it was loaded with cicadas. Not wanting to get a face full of bugs I leaned way back, just then the steering wheel popped off and I tumbled backwards off the tractor spilling out on the lawn, luckily the tractor has a deadmans switch that kills the engine when no one is sitting on the tractor. After my wife realized I wasn't hurt, she had a good laugh! When I came into the house after mowing all morning She asked me if I shook myself off, I said yes that I did, but then felt something on my neck, swatting at my neck and back a couple of cicadas fell to the floor, to which my wife screamed, then had another good laugh at my expense. I know these guys are harmless, but they're creepy as heck!

Between the hot weather and the wind those cicadas were everywhere. I had at least 3 fly into windshield of my car. When they do, because they are not good flyers they kinds flap thier wings and flop around unti the wind caries them away. If they were in my car, I'd probally end up getting in an accident trying to get it out of the car.

Our last day of school is friday and I was dropping of the gift of the teacher i work with today instead of tomorrow. I thought a cicada had landed on me in the parking lot but I didn't feel or hear anything. I was about to giver her her gift when just over my shoulder, I could see it on my back. I told her what the gift was for and asked her to remove it before I started freeking out. I can't stand them. There was wine in her gift and if I dropped it we would have had a big mess to clean up.

Hopefully things will be beter tomorrow

FanofDinsey1981

How was the wind last night around Chi-town? We had gusts around 45 mph here in central IL, but nothing too bad. We get that about once or twice a month, we are kinda used to it now.

DMC-12

How was the wind last night around Chi-town? We had gusts around 45 mph here in central IL, but nothing too bad. We get that about once or twice a month, we are kinda used to it now.

Pfft.. we didnt get a drop here in the Western burbs... very little wind... pfft I was all psyched for this major storm... and we got nadda. :(

FanofDinsey1981

Pfft.. we didnt get a drop here in the Western burbs... very little wind... pfft I was all psyched for this major storm... and we got nadda. :(

Oh, that Tom Skilling and his prediction of 90 MPH winds. We didn't get any rain either, it went well south of us. Needless to say, my lawn looks BAD right now.

DMC-12

Oh, that Tom Skilling and his prediction of 90 MPH winds. We didn't get any rain either, it went well south of us. Needless to say, my lawn looks BAD right now.

:lol: You read my mind.... I was gonna say something about Mr. Skilling (nothing bad)... but deleted that part from my post. I dont think he ever said anything about 90mph winds though. I just think the tribune slapped that on the front page of their web site... and ran with it. :shrug:

FanofDinsey1981

:lol: You read my mind.... I was gonna say something about Mr. Skilling (nothing bad)... but deleted that part from my post. I dont think he ever said anything about 90mph winds though. I just think the tribune slapped that on the front page of their web site... and ran with it. :shrug:

HA! Exactly where I read it. Perhaps I should say, oh, that chicago tribune and their headline of 90 MPH winds!

PinMadness

Oh,.... so round two of Batman: The Dark Night started shooting yesterday afternoon... they will be here until September (YAY). I hope to snag some pics of the Tumbler.. and the new Batcycle.

They converted the top floor of my old parking garage to a set:

http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_gotham-rooftop_chicago2_6-7-07.html

/random.

Awesome!

Additional randomness -

They are filiming a movie in Blue Island right now. It is about the first African American football player to win a Heisman. It has Dennis Quaid in it...I think that is the only big name. Nonetheless, I've been stalking the crew all about town. It is pretty cool to watch!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom