Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows

nibblesandbits

Hermione brought Umbridge in the forest to get the centaurs to "help" them (big mistake Hermy!) Grawp came to the rescue.

It looks like he is on the U.K. cover of Deathly Hallows.
Oh...right.

I didn't remember that the Centaurs are why Hermione went into the forest. I think I always thought they were on their way to Grawp...gosh my memory stinks...and I just re-read the book! :lol:

nibblesandbits

Actually, I read somewhere that Kreacher was actually a horocrux. Just something I heard. Interesting theory anyway.
Hmmm...now that I had not heard yet. Well that's an interesting theory...but why would Kreatcher be a horcrux? What would cause Voldemort to do that? Kreatcher isn't any thing special...at least that we know of.

imagineer boy

Hmmm...now that I had not heard yet. Well that's an interesting theory...but why would Kreatcher be a horcrux? What would cause Voldemort to do that? Kreatcher isn't any thing special...at least that we know of.

Well, one theory is that R.A.B. in the note found in the lockett is the initials of Sirius' brother who was killed by Voldemort ( can't remember his name, but the first and last initials match although his middle initials are never mentioned ), but he could've taken the horocrux from the lockett and transferred it to Kreature.

nibblesandbits

Well, one theory is that R.A.B. in the note found in the lockett is the initials of Sirius' brother who was killed by Voldemort ( can't remember his name, but the first and last initials match although his middle initials are never mentioned ), but he could've taken the horocrux from the lockett and transferred it to Kreature.
hmm....that's true...but there's also the idea that it's in the locket in the drawer they found. No transferring to Kreatcher necessary.

imagineer boy

Well, the online critic at comingsoon.net gave OOTP an 8/10 rating saying it was the weakest of the Harry Potter movies ( I usually agree with him, but as of late I havn't been especially with his asessments of AWE 6/10, Spiderman-3 8/10, and Ratatouille 7/10 (?!!?!?!?!? )).

nibblesandbits

Well, the online critic at comingsoon.net gave OOTP an 8/10 rating saying it was the weakest of the Harry Potter movies ( I usually agree with him, but as of late I havn't been especially with his asessments of AWE 6/10, Spiderman-3 8/10, and Ratatouille 7/10 (?!!?!?!?!? )).
I don't ever go with what critics think. Matter of fact, I don't even read critic's reviews. I go in with an open mind and view it on my own accord. And I'm freaking excited to see this movie! :D

Nicole220

I don't ever go with what critics think. Matter of fact, I don't even read critic's reviews. I go in with an open mind and view it on my own accord. And I'm freaking excited to see this movie! :D
I'm the same way, except I do read the reviews. I never seem to agree with them. Usually, if they hate it, I love it. And if they love it, I hate it. :lol:

I'm so excited for tonight!! :sohappy:

tinkerbell88

Original Poster
How many horocruxes are left didnt harry and dumbledore destroy like three in the sixth book? I don't think kreacher would be a horcrux because voldemort must know that harry potter owns kreacher. harry is his master. If he was a horocrux then it would be too easy to get rid of it dont you think?

Wilt Dasney

How many horocruxes are left didnt harry and dumbledore destroy like three in the sixth book? I don't think kreacher would be a horcrux because voldemort must know that harry potter owns kreacher. harry is his master. If he was a horocrux then it would be too easy to get rid of it dont you think?

Horcrux roundup (as of the end of HBP)

1. Tom Riddle's diary (destroyed by Harry)
2. Gaunt family ring (destroyed by Dumbledore)
3. Slytherin's locket (stolen by R.A.B., status unknown)
4. Hufflepuff's cup (presumed a horcrux by Dumbledore, location unknown)
5. ??? (presumed to be an item related to Gryffindor or Hufflepuff by Dumbledore)
6. ??? (presumed to be Nagini by Dumbledore)
7. Voldemort himself

Pongo

Regulus. Named after the star.

I'm not seeing the movie tonight. I'm holed up here in The Middle of Nowhere, West Virginia without a movie theater in an hour's drive radius :cry:

Peaches Magee

Not sure if there is a thread for the OotP movie on here... but did anyone see the movie today? I went this morning. I thought it was very good....
Of course they left a ton out and changed the story
around a bit to fit it all in.
But I felt they showed all of the most important stuff well.
They could have easily made it an extra half hour longer
being this WAS the thickest of all the books
But it was still a very good adaptation of the book.
Books are always better is what I have learned.
And Dumblerdore was much better in this one than the last movie.
He was too un-Dumbledore-like angry in Goblet of Fire.
So did anyone else see it?
What did you think, talk to me, nerds! :)

imagineer boy

BTW, has anyone listened to the soundtrack yet? It is AMAZING. A big improvement over the GOF score ( Patrick Doyle did just an OK job with the exception of some interesting tracks like "The Quidditch World Cup" and "Harry in the Winter" ). Nicholas Hooper does a great job, and during the "Fireworks" song, he uses blaring electric guitars! Its so awesome sounding, and I could totally picture that music going on while Fred and George set off the fireworks.

Nicole220

I went last night, possible spoilers ahead:

I loved it!! The movies (and books) keep getting better and better! The actors were all amazing, and I must admit, Gambon wasn't that bad in this movie. Luna was perfectly cast! She was exactly how I imagined her. Umbridge and Bellatrix were both great villans. The final battle was awesome and emotional.

My only complaint is the length. I think it should have been a bit longer to add some more stuff in. It jumped around a bit in the first half of the movie. I know they can't add everything for the sake of time, but 2 hours and 18 min is nothing compared to the movies we've been getting lately. I would have really liked to see Neville included in the prophecy. The way Harry heard the prophecy was weird. I would have also liked to see a longer talk between Harry and Dumbledore at the end.

Re-reading the book helped tremendously! I wouldn't have the above complaints if I hadn't done that. Seeing little details like the cats on Umbridge's wall and Hermionie's otter patronus was fun, something I wouldn't have noticed w/o re-reading before.

edit: I read on another site that David Yates is returning to direct HBP.

A little OT: I think the extreme HP fans are great! The extreme Pirates fans scare me, but not these guys. Someone brought beach balls like they do at baseball games (which I caught twice). And when the manager took them away, everyone started "casting" spells on him and calling him muggle, half blood, mud blood, etc. I also showed my friend this clip a couple days ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4. She was singing the song to my other friend and the guy in front of us turns around and yells "Potter Puppet Pals!!!" She looked terrified and had no clue what he was talking about. I nodded to him and said yes and he gave us all high fives.

PinMadness

I thoroughly enjoyed the OotP!

I know that a lot of stuff was left out, but nearly all of what I think are key components were present in the movie.

I liked how it was kind of spooky at parts and then really funny at others. OotP is a dark book and I enjoyed how there were some funny moments thrown in the mix with the dark stuff.

I agree that Luna was perfectly cast! She was great.

I would have loved to see more of Tonks - or at least an explanation of who she is for those folks who haven't read the books (there were many people in the theatre who hadn't read the books)

I've read the books as they've come out and I haven't had the opportunity to go back and reread them. So I often mix up what happened in each book. But wasn't the reason why Harry has to stay with the Dursleys revealed in the OotP? I thought that was an important part of the book.

I also liked Dumbledore better in this film. He wasn't as aggressive as he was in the GoF.

And it looks like little Ronny Weasley is finally growing out of his awkward phase. He grew into his body and seems like he is more comfortable in his skin.

Anyhow...I think the OotP is my favorite of the movies so far. I'll have to see it again before I make up my mind for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom