Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows

Wilt Dasney

Just me...or does Sirius appear to be in the mood for some good Harry lovin' here? :lookaroun

th-0000000403r.jpg

Peaches Magee

See, I've never heard the audio parts...so I really don't have an opinion on it either way. I actually though am really excited to see Helena Bohnem Carter be Bellatrix...from the clips I can see and from my knowledge of her...I think she's gonna do a great job with it.

Yes I am so excited that she is playing the role, she will be amazing... I love her! I saw the clips of her that someone posted earlier in this thread and she looks like she will be a brilliant lunatic :) She never fails to impress me in any role. I just thought the accent would have been used, though it isnt actually stated in the book she has one, I dont think.. guess it was all in her name.

Oh I am sooo glad Kreacher will be in the movie. He is an important character for sure. Glad they didn chinse out on him for "creative purposes" of the film and what not. Where are these "screen caps" by the way ??? :D

Peaches Magee

good lord! Kreatcher is ugly! :hurl:

Note to self: I must read all new posts before asking stupid questions... hehe

Kreacher IS hideous! Just as I pictured him, though I though he would be dirtier actually. His voice on audio.. is PERFECT! Low and grumbly... always whispering nasty things about people in a mean old man's mumble. Hope they do that. He is a nasty bugga!

Harry lovin... haa... yes he has that Barry White lover's lean going on there... I think it is the exposed chest too that adds to the 'spanish fly' feel. haa!

But matters not... Gary Oldman is one of my all time favorites!
Strange this screenshot though cause all the clips in the trailers shw him quite cleaned up not still in his Azkaban rags... hmmm...

All that saw the HBO special, did you see the veil!? Ohh it looks sooo cool.
Oh but this movie is so sad... gonna be rough... the next two for sure.
:(

I definetly need to go back and re-read all of the books. I let a friend borrow them and I have to wait another week for her to get back :brick:

I can't decide what to do about the last book. I put my name on a list at B&N but I haven't heard back from them, so I don't know if I'm really on the list. DH says I will easily be able to find it somewhere the day after but I'm a little nervous about waiting.

Peaches Magee

I put my name at B&N too. Not sure if they do call you, think you just have to show up. Not sure if I am going to go there though, Last few books I got at Walmart and they had TONS! And they are always cheaper than anywhere else. :D

imagineer boy

Just me...or does Sirius appear to be in the mood for some good Harry lovin' here? :lookaroun

th-0000000403r.jpg

Gah! Those horrible images in my head...:brick: :hurl:

But yeah I saw what looked like Sirius falling into the veil too. To be honest, his death in the book didn't shock me too much because I didn't know if he was dead or not. Maybe it will affect me more when I watch the movie.

Peaches Magee

Gah! Those horrible images in my head...:brick: :hurl:

But yeah I saw what looked like Sirius falling into the veil too. To be honest, his death in the book didn't shock me too much because I didn't know if he was dead or not. Maybe it will affect me more when I watch the movie.

I didnt see where he actually falls in but I saw when they are fighting around it and another scene where Harry is screaming and Lupin holding him back.

Yeah well I wasnt shocked at his death when I read it either, mainly because my sister cant keep her mouth shut and I got into reading the books well after her and my husband finished book 5 and we were altogether discussing Potter and she busts out with "I can't believe that Sirius dies!!" I looked at her like "WHAT?You have to be kidding me, you did NOT just blurt that out!?" So that kind of ruined it for me, but like you... I still don't believe he is truly dead in teh full sense. The mirror I think has more of a roll, and the things Luna says about the veil and people whispering... there is much more there.
:animwink:

CaptainMichael

They were going to cut Kreacher, but JKR said they may want to reconsider due to events in book 7 {looksaround}

Also, SPEW was in GoF and very annoying indeed. I know it's terrible, but most House Elves are happy. However, they should be treated nicely...Kreacher is just HORRIBLE! The only thing worse than SPEW was the whole Grawp thing in OotP (I HATE that it's in the movie!)

CaptainMichael

Will Dobby be in this one? He's the one who warns the D.A that Umbridge is coming. I know there could be other ways of them finding out she's coming, I was just wondering.
No he isn't:( Probably some random kid that the filmmakers made up will do it...Nigel anyone? And Cho is the sneak in the movie...not Marietta.

I put my name at B&N too. Not sure if they do call you, think you just have to show up. Not sure if I am going to go there though, Last few books I got at Walmart and they had TONS! And they are always cheaper than anywhere else. :D
Wal-Mart is the best option...no one goes there and they put out a huge pallet of books. Bookstores are a nightmare and you take the chance of being spoiled in line.

Didn't effect me either for the same reason. I was more worried about Mr. Weasley, and Hermione before Neville found a "bulse"

Now the death in HBP really hit me hard...big time.:cry:

No he isn't:( Probably some random kid that the filmmakers made up will do it...Nigel anyone? And Cho is the sneak in the movie...not Marietta.

Wal-Mart is the best option...no one goes there and they put out a huge pallet of books. Bookstores are a nightmare and you take the chance of being spoiled in line.

Didn't effect me either for the same reason. I was more worried about Mr. Weasley, and Hermione before Neville found a "bulse"

Now the death in HBP really hit me hard...big time.:cry:

The Wal Mart near me isn't open until midnight:( Isn't that insane...I have never heard of a Wal Mart that wasn't open 24 hrs.

nibblesandbits

I definetly need to go back and re-read all of the books. I let a friend borrow them and I have to wait another week for her to get back :brick:

I can't decide what to do about the last book. I put my name on a list at B&N but I haven't heard back from them, so I don't know if I'm really on the list. DH says I will easily be able to find it somewhere the day after but I'm a little nervous about waiting.
They don't call you...you just show up. They really only just reserve the books so they'll have enough. It's not under a reservation, per say...at least I don't think. Although I picked my book up at midnight.

nibblesandbits

They were going to cut Kreacher, but JKR said they may want to reconsider due to events in book 7 {looksaround}

Also, SPEW was in GoF and very annoying indeed. I know it's terrible, but most House Elves are happy. However, they should be treated nicely...Kreacher is just HORRIBLE! The only thing worse than SPEW was the whole Grawp thing in OotP (I HATE that it's in the movie!)
Wait...Gwap is in the movie? Oh man. I agree with you. I could have done without that. Although, wasn't it b/c of Gwap that they went into the forest to get rid of Umbridge? So, technically, wasn't it essential for him to be in the book? Or am I adding that part in there?

And interesting to hear that's why Kreatcher is in this one. Hmmmm...what role does he play in the 7th book? :lookaroun

SallyfromDE

Since Rowling has said that she doesn't want anyone to be able to continue with her story after she is gone (like gone with the wind). I would say that both Harry and Voldemort will die.

CaptainMichael

Wait...Gwap is in the movie? Oh man. I agree with you. I could have done without that. Although, wasn't it b/c of Gwap that they went into the forest to get rid of Umbridge? So, technically, wasn't it essential for him to be in the book? Or am I adding that part in there?

And interesting to hear that's why Kreatcher is in this one. Hmmmm...what role does he play in the 7th book? :lookaroun

Hermione brought Umbridge in the forest to get the centaurs to "help" them (big mistake Hermy!) Grawp came to the rescue.

It looks like he is on the U.K. cover of Deathly Hallows.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
For my two cents....
Harry will not die, nor will Ron or Hermione.
Snape, always trusted and respected by Dumbledore will become the next head of Hogwarts after he is key in eliminating the Deatheaters.

Hermione will become a teacher at Hogwarts.

CaptainMichael

Thoughts to ponder (I've been rereading the series):

1) How do Snape/Filch manage to always be awake at inconvienent times?
2) Is Lucius Malfoy the current owner of the Riddle house? In GoF, it is said that the house is owned by a wealthy businessman. It is thought he keeps it for tax purposes but no one really knows...am I looking too far into this? Could there be a Horcrux there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom