Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

My fiance and I are getting married in Epcot at the Japan pavilion on the morning of the 1st, so I'm making us shirts with something like this on them:

JustMarriedEpcotShirtSmall.jpg

I'm still fidgeting with it but it'll be something like that. :)

TheBeatles

My fiance and I are getting married in Epcot at the Japan pavilion on the morning of the 1st, so I'm making us shirts with something like this on them:

i just heard about this on the wdwradio show!

i wish the both of you well. see you on the 1st!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

So you won't mind a thousand or so wedding crashers, would you?
We'll put it on the agenda! :cool:

Figment1986

We have more than plans actually. I have our schedule in hand. Tomorrow, I am running it by Disney and after that, I will be releasing it! :animwink:

great, hope they approve it with ease.

Congratulations... great date to remember and location too...

brkgnews

Too freaking cool.

But I though you wanted the October 1st to be a HAPPY occasion.

:lookaroun

:zipit:

:lol: Just kidding! :lol:

Disney_Freak429

Adam I hope all goes well with Disney & the plans because I REALLY want to see them. I'm so filled with excitement I could burst. As far as all these group rides I can't wait should be a ton of fun.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A few questions...

For group rides, are we meeting up beforehand and entering all together, or just generally riding/seeing at the given time? I know AA has a set show schedule, but Energy and Imagination wont.

Second part, a real question - when roughly do most of the daytime activities end? We fudged everything we could, but i'll still have to be getting my Epcot-buddy back to the airport in the early evening :( Not to mention the class i'm supposed to attend that night.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Martin, I hope you've got some skimpy pink running shorts to go with it to really round out the look! :ROFLOL:

One thing's for sure: your getup is definitely going to SCREAM 1982!!

Cheers!
(and maybe see you there!)

Ouch....that image is going to be stuck in my head for too long I'm afraid.
Martin, I apologize in advance if I start laughing when I say hi to you...:eek:

I'm surprised at how many Epcot 25th pins are up on Ebay as presale.... someone must think this is going to be a popular event..:lookaroun

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Martin, I apologize in advance if I start laughing when I say hi to you...:eek:

I'm surprised at how many Epcot 25th pins are up on Ebay as presale.... someone must think this is going to be a popular event..:lookaroun
nahhhh, what people participating in a thread over 100 pages thinks this is going to be big. i know we dont and im sure Disney doesnt. :lol:

BTW, did Clemson try and give that game away last night or what. it was slightly nerve racking. :D

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
nahhhh, what people participating in a thread over 100 pages thinks this is going to be big. i know we dont and im sure Disney doesnt. :lol:

BTW, did Clemson try and give that game away last night or what. it was slightly nerve racking. :D

Why do I get these terrible visions of a nice opening ceremony with the gathered 1000...then an ugly stampede to Pin Central...:eek:

slightly nerve racking
...na....I wasn't worried....:lookaroun :rolleyes:
They just did it for the TV ratings, to keep it interesting...you don't want a blowout then have everybody tune out for the second half, do you?
(I'm glad I don't have to look anybody in the eye as I type that...)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Why do I get these terrible visions of a nice opening ceremony with the gathered 1000...then an ugly stampede to Pin Central...:eek:

...na....I wasn't worried....:lookaroun :rolleyes:
They just did it for the TV ratings, to keep it interesting...you don't want a blowout then have everybody tune out for the second half, do you?
(I'm glad I don't have to look anybody in the eye as I type that...)
i think im the only one on this site that isnt pin crazy... they just dont do it for me. :lol:

yey right, TV ratings. lol, how about, son trying to keep it close on dad so it wont look THAT bad. congrats on beating bobby 4 out of 5 years. i was scouting the FSU team for the future match up of UA and FSU (spet 29th)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
i think im the only one on this site that isnt pin crazy... they just dont do it for me. :lol:

yey right, TV ratings. lol, how about, son trying to keep it close on dad so it wont look THAT bad. congrats on beating bobby 4 out of 5 years. i was scouting the FSU team for the future match up of UA and FSU (spet 29th)
You are not the only one...I could care less about those suckers. I might have 2 dozen pins total and of those at least 18 of them were either won at Millionaire or given to me.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin, I apologize in advance if I start laughing when I say hi to you..
No worries. I`ll be leaving the pink shorts at home.

I`m just an 80`s Tomorrows Child (okay, born in 1971 but hey!)

jedimaster1227

A few questions...

For group rides, are we meeting up beforehand and entering all together, or just generally riding/seeing at the given time? I know AA has a set show schedule, but Energy and Imagination wont.

Second part, a real question - when roughly do most of the daytime activities end? We fudged everything we could, but i'll still have to be getting my Epcot-buddy back to the airport in the early evening :( Not to mention the class i'm supposed to attend that night.

For the group rides, our tentative plan (still awaiting approval) is to have our Future World meets begin with a 5-10 minute history brief for those interested in John's "history walk." Mind you, we have planned all of our Future World meets so far to take place on Sunday (though there is still a possibility for at least one Monday meet in Future World- I won't give that one away just yet, but it definitely was the first one to *spark* my interest... :animwink:

As for the World Showcase meets we have planned (specifically the American Adventure), we have picked a single show time that matches the rest of our schedule perfectly. This is the one attraction that our group can be held in its entirety (if not, just a few people not making it, though its not a guarantee that everyone in our group will attend every event).

We have planned our schedule to be very relaxed, and not crowded in any sense. There is at least a 15-30 minute break in between each of our activities planned, some even having hour long breaks. We have provided our guests with enough time to wander from the group, do their own thing, enjoy the park on their own and such. All of the other meets we have planned that don't have show times will take place with the risk that we will wait in line. Rides like Test Track and Mission:Space have been deemed too difficult to do group rides on, so with your free time during our two days, you can do that on your own. We have only picked the attractions that we know can work for our group in a timely, and entertaining manner. Rides with little to no normal wait times were definitely early picks for us, so you can probably guess some of the ones we have chosen. The meet that I am about to reveal is the only exception to this rule we applied to the event, but we have found it to work logistically in favor of our group-the real concept of a group meet. I will give you a sneak peek at this, our first definite meet:

Soarin' "Last Ride of the Night" Meet
Sunday September 30th, 2007 7:00 PM
(Note, this is not a reserved time for our group. We will be entering the queue at exactly 7:00 PM, and the idea is to have our group in the queue together, even if the wait is two hours long. The concept of standing with over 1000 Disney fans was one we couldn't let up. The ride will be in normal operation, and we will most likely kick the line into an extra hour on the queue timer, so don't expect it to move fast. This has been one meet that from the beginning has been anticipated, so we decided to keep it on our roster, even though it would be difficult. Plus, with Soarin's newest queue line games, those that get easily bored will have something new to do!)

DisneyMarg

I do hope you can get at least one Future world event on Oct 1! I can only be there for Monday and barely swung that. Originally that was going to be the big day but now I feel like I'm missing almost the best half! (whine).

SweetMagic - sweeeet!! Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom