Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

elpack

I think this is going to be the best event ever! The 1st is nearing the end of my vacation, which I rarely look forward to..but I am looking forward to this day! It'll be nice to be a part of this awesome experience!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
The "Soarin'-Last Ride of the Night" meetup is great...i know many requested it and it will happen!

The American Adventure meet will be fantastic.....i encourage EVERYONE to pack a SMALL handheld American Flag with them to wave during the finale when we all sing "Golden Dream" together. THAT will indeed be a TRUE "Magical Moment". If you don't have a mini flag, they sell them at various carts near by. I will also try to remember to bring a couple of extras with me in case someone needs one.....

The spectacle of all 1000+ of us waving our flags, and SINGING "Golden Dream" ( since most of us know the words...) will be awe inspiring. I can feel the chills of the moment right now...as it will be a moment ALL OF US will be sharing, together! Much like EPCOT itself really, it is something we all love and have shared experiences in through it's history...and now we are all coming together to honor that legacy.

A absolute MUST for capturing on video!!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
i think im the only one on this site that isnt pin crazy... they just dont do it for me. :lol:

yey right, TV ratings. lol, how about, son trying to keep it close on dad so it wont look THAT bad. congrats on beating bobby 4 out of 5 years. i was scouting the FSU team for the future match up of UA and FSU (spet 29th)

Little thread drift...but....
I think FSU is going to be much better as the season goes on. They are going to have a better record then last year and do some serious damage in the league. I'm glad we got them out of the way early!

Good for those of you who have avoided the addiction of pins.....I am not so lucky...and can blame Epcot for it. Pins were pretty much kicked off with the milennium celebration with that new wand...the Village and all that other stuff.

Disney_Freak429

Whats is so funny about us waiting in line for Soarin' is that I have never waited in line for it I have always used a FP. I guss this meet really will be a first time of doing some things for me.

sillyspook13

I plan on photographing, in full, both days of the event. However, I know nothing about web design.

If anybody is planning a website to document the event, I will gladly donate my photos (with credit, of course).

Just a little warning though, I'm likely to take as many pictures as there are people attending the event.:D

brkgnews

I plan on photographing, in full, both days of the event. However, I know nothing about web design.

If anybody is planning a website to document the event, I will gladly donate my photos (with credit, of course).

Just a little warning though, I'm likely to take as many pictures as there are people attending the event.:D
We can definitely use you for the book we're planning. :D

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Other than lining up at some poor souls computer with our cables, does Epcot have download to disc? We could provide that instead, then offer condolences to those looking to edit and select.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Me three. 2/12/71.
well, ill play along too. i look 21... but im 31. 1/1/76. has to be the worst birthday ever! the only one that could potentially be worse is 12/25. you completely get jipped on the gifts :lol:

Thanks Lee...I was startin' to feel kinda old there for a while. Being born in the 80's is not quite experiencing the 80's....:dazzle:

I graduated in '78.......college.....
:eek: ...... kidding.

me too. ill donate any and all pics.

Other than lining up at some poor souls computer with our cables, does Epcot have download to disc? We could provide that instead, then offer condolences to those looking to edit and select.
isnt that the truth.

brkgnews

I'm going to design the book at 300 DPI, so the larger the pic the better.

Quick-n-dirty math: 300 pixels per inch means to stretch across the roughly 8.5" wide page would be, what, 2550 pixels wide or so?

Not saying that every pic would spread all the way across the page, but just something to keep in mind. A 640x480 pic that some smaller/older (or cell phone) cameras take would mean a finished product of roughly three inches by two inches.

Cardinal rule of graphic design: Do it huge, so you can scale it down if needs be. If you make it small then upsize it, the computer has to interpolate (guess) what each "new" pixel should be, and that makes for fuzzy yucky nastyness.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm going to design the book at 300 DPI, so the larger the pic the better.

Quick-n-dirty math: 300 pixels per inch means to stretch across the roughly 8.5" wide page would be, what, 2550 pixels wide or so?

Not saying that every pic would spread all the way across the page, but just something to keep in mind. A 640x480 pic that some smaller/older (or cell phone) cameras take would mean a finished product of roughly three inches by two inches.

Cardinal rule of graphic design: Do it huge, so you can scale it down if needs be. If you make it small then upsize it, the computer has to interpolate (guess) what each "new" pixel should be, and that makes for fuzzy yucky nastyness.
Then I will leave my camera at max resolution and 8.1 MP. I have a 2GB card and access to at least 4GB more so space should not be an issue. Would burning the pictures onto a DVD be OK?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Regarding the "Pin Addiction"......

Yes, i am not afraid to admit that i am a bonifide "Pin Freak". I NEVER thought it would stick with me....but once i started to trade with CM's in the Parks it has now become downright obsessive now!

I just went on a eBay "Pin Binge" a couple of nights ago to stock up on stuff for the upcoming trip back to the World. So folks: If YOU like to trade pins bring em' Sunday and Monday!

I want to trade with YOU !!

:wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Regarding the "Pin Addiction"......

Yes, i am not afraid to admit that i am a bonifide "Pin Freak". I NEVER thought it would stick with me....but once i started to trade with CM's in the Parks it has now become downright obsessive now!

I just went on a eBay "Pin Binge" a couple of nights ago to stock up on stuff for the upcoming trip back to the World. So folks: If YOU like to trade pins bring em' Sunday and Monday!

I want to trade with YOU !!

:wave:

Who knows, you may even get a gift or two for all the work you've done on this event! :eek:
Do you have any particular "areas of interest?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom