Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I am not to sure. I will have my laptop at the resort so I had planned on using it to burn the pictures onto disk.

I just never cared before, either I carry multiple cards so have no need to download or when I have the laptop, I can burn them. I was just thinking about turnaround....don't really feel like running back to the room on Monday, downloading then shlepping back.

We'll have time to agree on a best approach by the end of the month.

There are medium download ports on PC's that accept all the common cards for direct download, but I don't know about for laptops.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I just never cared before, either I carry multiple cards so have no need to download or when I have the laptop, I can burn them. I was just thinking about turnaround....don't really feel like running back to the room on Monday, downloading then shlepping back.

We'll have time to agree on a best approach by the end of the month.

There are medium download ports on PC's that accept all the common cards for direct download, but I don't know about for laptops.
The laptop I have has a port for an SD card built in and I also have a small USB external reader that will read nearly every other card format. From what I have seen built in memory card readers are almost standard on every new laptop.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Then I will leave my camera at max resolution and 8.1 MP. I have a 2GB card and access to at least 4GB more so space should not be an issue. Would burning the pictures onto a DVD be OK?
man, mine is only a 5 MP and a 1gig card... and no, i better not hear the statment "mine is bigger then yours" :lookaroun

:lol:

it will suffice for the project. i have used it for large picture many times.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
man, mine is only a 5 MP and a 1gig card... and no, i better not hear the statment "mine is bigger then yours" :lookaroun

:lol:

it will suffice for the project. i have used it for large picture many times.
For normal stuff 8 mp is a little overkill but it is nice to have. The 2 GB card will hold around 400-500 images with everything maxed out on my camera but when shooting in continuous mode at 3 fps it can fill up rather quick.

brkgnews

DVD, CD, whatever works for me. And no need to worry about instant turnaround on the discs. You can snail-mail them to me if you like. I figure this book will be up to a month away after the event anyway -- I don't want to slap anything together... I want it to be well-done.

jedimaster1227

Just for final surveying purposes for our schedule, what would you all think of a pin trading event during Celebration 25? It was brought up by Lou and several others that are active in the pin trading ring (I myself am not), so I figured I'd ask...

jedimaster1227

like Crazy4WDW1, I don't trade pins, I only buy the occasional pin that I really like

This is why I ask, as I too am one that didn't find it too important to schedule a specific trading event, rather letting people do it on their own, during their free time, or during our queue times during our various meets (Soarin's meet is definitely ideal for this). I doubt we will put a specific event in for this, but I figured I would survey once before we finalize the schedule.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Just for final surveying purposes for our schedule, what would you all think of a pin trading event during Celebration 25? It was brought up by Lou and several others that are active in the pin trading ring (I myself am not), so I figured I'd ask...

While it's a nice thought, with the time and events you already have scheduled, I think those of us of that addiction will find plenty of time to mingle and do whatever horsetrading is to be done.

Haven't seen any previews yet, but I will be curious to see what if any CM commemorative pins are released.

jasondiff

This is why I ask, as I too am one that didn't find it too important to schedule a specific trading event, rather letting people do it on their own, during their free time, or during our queue times during our various meets (Soarin's meet is definitely ideal for this). I doubt we will put a specific event in for this, but I figured I would survey once before we finalize the schedule.

Personally I am into pin trading, but if I was really planning to trade, I'd bring several pin books. But seeing as I don't want to lug them around the park all day, I'm not planning to do a lot of trading on the 1st. If I meet up with others who want to trade, we can always plan to meet up later in the week. I'll probably bring a very small pin book that I can stash in my backpack which will suffice for trading in queues, at lunch, or other impromptu places. If you schedule a whole slot for trading it will be big chunk of time with nothing to do for those not into trading.

You can always co-schedule it with something else. Like Sunday & Monday mornings during registration times. That way it will encourage people to get there early and give those early birds something to do until the park opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom