Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jedimaster1227

One quick update before I leave for school. It seems we have had another surge of signups because we now have 503 registered attendees (not including Jenn or I's parties). We've broken the 500 mark! 550, here we come! :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Erm.... will the ceremony be able to accommodate all of us? :shrug:

That`s amazing! We are heading towards a full capacity UoE ride at this rate! :D

jasondiff

One quick update before I leave for school. It seems we have had another surge of signups because we now have 503 registered attendees (not including Jenn or I's parties). We've broken the 500 mark! 550, here we come! :lol:

WOW that is awesome! Dessert party registrations keep rolling in as well. I will have an updated count later tonight, and will send out another round of confirmations for everyone who has registered in the last 5 days. Just a reminder - 5 DAYS UNTIL THE DEADLINE for the Dessert party!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

That`s amazing! We are heading towards a full capacity UoE ride at this rate! :D
Can we still go to Soarin? I am dying to see the CM's face when we say party of 532.:lol:

Are we going to have a tour group leader with a little flag that we can all follow?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Can we still go to Soarin? I am dying to see the CM's face when we say party of 532.:lol:

Are we going to have a tour group leader with a little flag that we can all follow?
R, i have been speaking with martin the last few hours about how think im going to be able to attend now, i know that registration ends soon. lookslike you are going to make it? ok, this thread is 80 pages deep... im about to PM you about something.

man, that would be incredible to see that face

joel_maxwell

At least you have it booked I hate waiting till the last min. & thats why if anyone is willing to split a room I would jump at the chance. At this rate I may have to stay in a sleeping bag in the EPCOT parking lot somewhere. :lookaroun
ummmm, i was going to sleep at the airport. lol :lookaroun

seriously, i might be confirming my trip this morning, not sure..... i wish i could explain more, if things go as planned, i might take you up on this deal and we could both benefit. :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended

The counter stops at 500 for a show, and the CM's usually cut it around 480 at the latest, and also commonly tick-off ~40 peeps before they open the doors so they don't go over.

If anyone cares about how the counter for a show like that works.. it gets to 99 people left on the count and starts beeping. Get to the final ~15 and it makes really angry noises, and then finally at the capacity level it just shuts up - as if defeated.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
R, i have been speaking with martin the last few hours about how think im going to be able to attend now, i know that registration ends soon. lookslike you are going to make it? ok, this thread is 80 pages deep... im about to PM you about something.

man, that would be incredible to see that face
Baring a tragic accident or natural disaster I will definitely be there. Fortunately this event lined up with our annual October trip and thanks to Disney moving around the MNSSHP dates everything fell into place.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think a few folks mentioned scrounging up pennies for this trip, and i figured i'd offer some "on-the-cheapo" advice:

Use a quick meta-search like kayak.com to find airfare, and if that still looks steep, set a (reasonable, think 40% off the average airline website rate) top price point and see if you can get it through priceline.com

Edit: Don't forget to search all the discount airlines like southwest, jetblue, airtran etc.

Similiar idea for hotels, where you can score the WDW Hilton for $60-65 for some days via priceline "Resort" category near WDW. Tons of even cheaper options. All else fails, the Motel 6 on 192 isn't great but it's not bug-filled or scary.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It will take 2 cycles since Soarin's capacity is about half that.
I honestly think we should do it. Sure it will take a good hour but it would be well worth it to be able to do some Disney attractions with a 100% Disneyphile riders. Imagine AA with no snoring, UoE with no flash photos, JII with a wait time and Oh Canada where the CM will not have to say please do not sit on the lean rails.:lol:

joel_maxwell

I think a few folks mentioned scrounging up pennies for this trip, and i figured i'd offer some "on-the-cheapo" advice:

Use a quick meta-search like kayak.com to find airfare, and if that still looks steep, set a (reasonable, think 40% off the average airline website rate) top price point and see if you can get it through priceline.com

Edit: Don't forget to search all the discount airlines like southwest, jetblue, airtran etc.

Similiar idea for hotels, where you can score the WDW Hilton for $60-65 for some days via priceline "Resort" category near WDW. Tons of even cheaper options. All else fails, the Motel 6 on 192 isn't great but it's not bug-filled or scary.
and there is always Racoon Lake :lookaroun $30 a night. i survived

I honestly think we should do it. Sure it will take a good hour but it would be well worth it to be able to do some Disney attractions with a 100% Disneyphile riders. Imagine AA with no snoring, UoE with no flash photos, JII with a wait time and Oh Canada where the CM will not have to say please do not sit on the lean rails.:lol:
we could all break down on TT together. just classic

wannabeBelle

Baring a tragic accident or natural disaster I will definitely be there. Fortunately this event lined up with our annual October trip and thanks to Disney moving around the MNSSHP dates everything fell into place.

Yse he will be there. He will be keeping me awake and moving the morning after MNSSHP!!!!!!!!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom