Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I don't - then I'd have to get up at 4 instead of 5 that day to staff the registration table!
Plus it will make the park more crowded.

I fully agree. Disney did us a favor by not having Oct 1 be a EMH Epcot night. The Park would be packed ...and i mean PACKED as everyone staying On Property would be there. I kind of like it knowing we will be "owning" EPCOT that night....:animwink:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
If you could pm me the link, I'd like to take a look at it (if I haven't already).

I think it may have worked because we now have 525 attending. :D

Awesome! Part of the sudden jump in attendence numbers could be that people today noticed it is exactly a week from the registration deadline.

So folks, anyone new here thinking of joining in on this historic Fan Event: You have only ONE WEEK to register! You have LESS THEN A WEEK to register and pay for your spot at the Illuminations Dessert Finale Party we will be having that night...

Click on the link below in my signature ( down there!) and sign up TODAY!!

See ya real soon!

:wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Note -

How many pass-outers you got for the wristbands? I highly recommend dividing peeps by last name to streamline the process.

Like, one person with the list for A-H, on person for I-S, and one for T-Z, ya know? Just do a quickie excel spreadsheet and divide the folks up and then just have boes to initial saying they got their wristbands for whichever event they signed up for.

jedimaster1227

Note -

How many pass-outers you got for the wristbands? I highly recommend dividing peeps by last name to streamline the process.

Like, one person with the list for A-H, on person for I-S, and one for T-Z, ya know? Just do a quickie excel spreadsheet and divide the folks up and then just have boes to initial saying they got their wristbands for whichever event they signed up for.

At least four for sure (though we will only have two seats). I know my parents are helping out and Jason, Jenn, John and Lou Mongello will be there for the sign up table for sure. So, I think we'll handle it between Sunday and Monday, though Monday will be more rushed.

Oh, and we now have 530 attending!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I did math - that's 525 people all waiting until the last minute (hehe - you know that happens) so spread over 45mins.. roughly 12 wristbands per minute, or 1 every 5 seconds.

How early is the earliest you think peeps can show up?

Anyone gonna camp out at Epcot?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I agree...a LOT!

Hmm...maybe we should have a meet up the night before to pass them all out? Those that can make it can pick there bands up Sunday night and those that cannot can pick them up Monday morn.

I suppose it all depends on how early Disney will alllow us to man the tables out by the turnstiles Monday morning, and how many people will be in town Sunday night.

I think between the four of us there on Monday, we could do the job fairly efficiently. Even if there was a huge line, these are Disney Fans we are talking about....and we know how to wait in lines!

:lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Hehe, maybe they'll give you stantion poles ;)

I recommend a nice swirly sort of boxy shape that randomly doubles back on itself - use one of those mazes you find on cereal boxes as a guide ;)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, you can drive through the parking lot at pretty much any time - once they stop manning the booths you can just cruise on into it.

How early is the earliest princess breakfast?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I think i overheard someone stating much earlier in this thread that the first seating in Norway for the Princess Breakfast was 8am. We were discussing a few months ago about what time the first buses depart the Resorts for EPCOT.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Well, you can drive through the parking lot at pretty much any time - once they stop manning the booths you can just cruise on into it.

Wow....but now that i think of it, i have seen the booths unmanned later on at night. Disney would surely freak out if they found a group of EPCOT partyers having a all-night Tailgating Party in the Lot...

Would be funny as all heck though......but Disney Security would probably not be the ones laughing!

EPCOT.nut

Wow....but now that i think of it, i have seen the booths unmanned later on at night. Disney would surely freak out if they found a group of EPCOT partyers having a all-night Tailgating Party in the Lot...

Would be funny as all heck though......but Disney Security would probably not be the ones laughing!

I have a tailgate on my truck and it is like a second home. Football season is fixing to start so theoretically we could all use a little practice....:rolleyes:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
45mins prior to the first seating should be the time for buses.

I dont think any tours start before that.

I am pretty sure the first one of the day at EPCOT is at 9am. I only know this as someone who wants to register is in a deliemma and booked the "Undiscovered" Tour Oct 1st at 9am before learning of out Event. Now he wants to come, but is trying to decide wether or not if he still wants to do the tour that day and risk missing the Re-Dedication, or try to re-book for later in the week.

So if most of the Resort buses leave around 7:30ish or so, we can expect the major influx of people to arrive at the EPCOT gates around 8. That will give us one hour to pass out wristbands to Celebration 25 Attendees before the Park opens.

Can we do it?

I am thinking we should probably consider a meet up time for Sunday too...to give those already On Property the chance to pick up their wristbands.

Any thoughts ? I know earlier we were talking about a Sunday get-together anyway...what was the end result, if any so far?

Jekyll_Baker

Let's see, I plan on driving to EPCOT from Pop Century that morning, instead of using WDW busses. And since I don't usually eat breakfast, I won't have to wait for Everything Pop to open. So if I leave from the resort between 7:00 and 7:30, it shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes to get there. I'll be at least one person before the 8am rush. Hope that helps a little.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Heh - only 5-10mins until you get to the "near park capacity" lines to get through the autoplaza because this will be the be-all end-all Epcot event of the millenium ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ha ha yes! Remember, we need to have that FILMED too!

Yeah, Soarin' all together would ROCK. UoE too...but for me, having us all go see The American Adventure and then have ALL of us singing "Golden Dream" at the end would be absolutely SPINE CHILLINGLINGLY COOL...and tear-jerkingly moving to boot!

Who is up for it?

:)
I am game

I have a tailgate on my truck and it is like a second home. Football season is fixing to start so theoretically we could all use a little practice....:rolleyes:
You would get along well with my brother in law. He was filmed by the local news here in Jacksonville tailgating before one of the Jaguars scrimmages that were open to the public during training camp.

I am thinking we should probably consider a meet up time for Sunday too...to give those already On Property the chance to pick up their wristbands.

Any thoughts ? I know earlier we were talking about a Sunday get-together anyway...what was the end result, if any so far?
I don't think there is any question that this would be a good idea and quite honestly at the rate this thing is growing I think it will be a necessity.

One suggestion I might add to help expedite the check in process. I am not sure how your registration data is organized but would it be possible to put all the things together for families and groups that registers together. For example my entire family is registered for both events. It would be much simpler and quicker if everything that my party would get was in one envelope vs checking off individual items for 5 people. I would imagine that quite a few people registered in party sizes of 2 or more. Grouping them together in one package could probably cut the number of items you guys would have to handle in half.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom