Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

jedimaster1227

Fab!

So has everyone decided what they are going to wear that day to the ceremony? I'm planning on wearing my early era black EPCOT Center t-shirt with the lettering in checkered squares. Some of the squares are "falling" away, so it looks a lot like confetti!

I think it will fit the festive mood rather well......

I'll either wear the dark blue Celebration 25 T-shirt or the Celebration 25 polo. I love them both!

DESSERT PARTY CONFIRMATION EMAILS have been sent out.

With 10 days to go until the Dessert Party registration deadline, I compiled the current list of registered and paid attendees and sent email confirmations. Right now our total is 91 not including Adam's party.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
I sent ONE EMAIL PER REGISTERED ATTENDEE. So many of you will get multiple emails, one per person in your party. (There's a reason for this.)

The lead person for each party (i.e. the one who sent the payment) may pick up the Dessert Party wristbands for their entire party. The lead person will need to present a printout of the email for each person in their party, as well as photo ID.

Alternately, each registered attendee may pick up his/her own wristband, by presenting the printout of the email with his/her name on it, as well as photo ID.

ANYONE PICKING UP DESSERT PARTY WRISTBANDS MUST PRESENT PHOTO ID. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Details concerning wristband pickup locations will be posted and emailed when the schedule of events for Celebration 25 is finalized.

Hope this is clear, please let me know if you have any questions!

If you thought you registered and paid for the Dessert Party, but have not received an email from me, please let me know. It will help if you can send your PayPal email address, payment date, and PayPal transaction ID (in your confirmation email from PayPal or in your PayPal history on the website).

Jason

Jason, as always, you have done a great job with this event. Thank you so much for your time and effort. To answer your earlier question, I am probably going to get the schedule out next weekend, as this week my main concern is school (starts back up tomorrow). We have a new (though mentioned before) partner in our event that is making a very very generous donation for our event, and will be joining us for the day, along with providing me with some guidance for some other projects I am working on for the event. In fact, any of you that want to see him can go to Virgin Megastore. Hope that says it all. I'll have more details out soon. I've got a promo to record with him soon, along with my weekly one with John, and three other interviews for various sites/podcasts interested in the event. We've got alot in store for this event- the doors are just beginning to open (even though our registration doors close in less than two weeks)! :animwink:

Will there be an ice cream social at the newly reopened Fountainview? :)

Possibly- if we were to do this, it would most likely be on Sunday, but I like the idea!

jasondiff

I was kinda figuring this email might spur any last-minute people to register! 10 days till the deadline!
And if you or anyone still needs a room, let me know, I have a DVC reservation at the Beach Club Villas available, but I've only got a few days until I need to cancel it.

How much are you asking, and how many days?

PM me and we can work out a deal. I've got Sat-Fri booked in a studio, but I can change it if you don't need all those nights.

Disney_Freak429

Time is flying by & even though I have a job where I don't make a ton I am banging out details on how I am getting there. My party money should be in before tues. So that will be my first big step to getting things done. Next comes the hotel & air ticket.(party over where I am going to stay & how to get there now you know I am crazy) ;) As far as over 450 people all I can say is WOW!!! I question what I am going to wear everyday it may just end up being the new repeat t-shirt since I have changed my mind over 25 times already.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I know what you mean...

I may end up changing my mind about what i'm wearing that day too.....i may paint my own shirt ( depends on what time i have availible in the next few weeks) but i settled on the "Confetti" EPCOT Center shirt as a must-do at some point!

Disneybird

Hi Jason, will you post an update with all details a few days before Oct. 1st? I can't come to the dessert reception, but would love to meet up with everyone that morning. Also the Anita Answers column on allears.net today, mentioned the 25th anniversay celebration and how a grass roots campaign got started by a local guy, and so not it looks like Disney may do some celebrating after all. Was she talking about you?

tirian

PLEASE take lots of pics! I can't be there [for work-related reasons] and I wish I could meet you guys [but can't].

p.s. It's a dessert reception. Dessert has two S's 'cause you always want more...

jasondiff

Hi Jason, will you post an update with all details a few days before Oct. 1st? I can't come to the dessert reception, but would love to meet up with everyone that morning. Also the Anita Answers column on allears.net today, mentioned the 25th anniversay celebration and how a grass roots campaign got started by a local guy, and so not it looks like Disney may do some celebrating after all. Was she talking about you?

Probably not me - I'm just doing the dessert party. I'd assume Adam, he's in charge of the whole gathering. He should post a tentative schedule sometime this weekend, so check back.

jedimaster1227

Thank you for bringing that article to our attention! I am the teenager credited with that statement, but let me go ahead and say that the event was not started by me. That credit goes to our own Jenn Waitt. I have done alot of research and PR for the event, but Jason, John, Lou and many many others have played a part in this event. Actually, I am set to do an interview with Deb Wills when she returns, so more information will be on that site. In the meantime, I am still working on a definitive schedule, which should be up within the next week. I am meeting Lou Mongello, an official partner of ours for the event (he is making a very large contribution, and his presence in our group will definitely be felt-around the necks of every registered attendee-not in a creepy way though) to get some guidance on the schedule. He has more background in the events field than I do, so this should make things much more organized. Also, Lou is helping us with the charity project to go along with Celebration 25- not only making an impact at the park, but making an impact in the community.

Probably not me - I'm just doing the dessert party. I'd assume Adam, he's in charge of the whole gathering. He should post a tentative schedule sometime this weekend, so check back.

I'm definitely working on it, so I will keep you all posted (especially you and Jenn, Jason). :wave:

I just finished recording this week's update with John Corigliano and Lou Mongelo (guest starring just for the Celebration 25 update) on the Mousetimes podcast (which should be up later this week). This week's update talks alot about Lou's new involvement in our event plus information on one of the surprises that I was working on that didn't end up working out, though I am still working on several more.

As of today, we have 476 registered attendees, still not including myself or Jenn's parties.

jasondiff

Just helping bump this back into the first page....

How many registrations for the dessert party? Is there still room?

There is plenty of room for the dessert party (we have about 100 so far), but the registration deadline is fast approaching! August 28th is the last day, that's one week away.

If we ever get in the neighborhood of 175 registrations (close to the limit) then I will post here frequently letting people know that the space is filling up rapidly and they will need to get registered soon or the dessert party may fill up. With all the press we are getting, I can see this last week being pretty frantic for last-minute signups.

Eyorefan

Just wanted to bump the thread.

Also, I got my e-mail confermations for the desert party, Thanks Jason! :wave:

Question: From my understanding of the set up there will be seperat lines for people to sign-in for the desert party and the main event. So, am I right that we will have to wait in both lines or is there away we can check in for both at once?

Just wondering.

jedimaster1227

Question: From my understanding of the set up there will be seperat lines for people to sign-in for the desert party and the main event. So, am I right that we will have to wait in both lines or is there away we can check in for both at once?

Just wondering.

I figure, since we will both be there, I think we can handle one line. I will have to see how the setup will be on that day though.

jasondiff

Just wondering.

I figure, since we will both be there, I think we can handle one line. I will have to see how the setup will be on that day though.

I am also thinking one line, assembly-line style. You can come right to me after signing in for the main event, if you need to pick up dessert party wristbands.

But I was also thinking, depending on the timing and setup, if we have enough people manning the sign-in table, we might want to split the main event sign-in to several lines, divided into groups by first letter of the last name, or something like that, to make the lines go quicker. We'll figure it all out soon!

Crazy4WDW1

Oh . . . I can't wait! We finally got a DVC reservation for Saratoga Springs. We're on a waitlist for the Boardwalk. Now we just need some decent airfare. Of course there is now the matter of wardrobe for the weekend! :lol:

jedimaster1227

I am also thinking one line, assembly-line style. You can come right to me after signing in for the main event, if you need to pick up dessert party wristbands.

But I was also thinking, depending on the timing and setup, if we have enough people manning the sign-in table, we might want to split the main event sign-in to several lines, divided into groups by first letter of the last name, or something like that, to make the lines go quicker. We'll figure it all out soon!

I doubt we will be able to split it up like that unfortunately, as we are only being supplied one table for sign in (meant to seat two people). I haven't even gotten final permission for Sunday yet, so I'm going to stick with what we've been offered so far until things progress. Though, I do like the idea of them going straight to you after they sign in.

Oh . . . I can't wait! We finally got a DVC reservation for Saratoga Springs. We're on a waitlist for the Boardwalk. Now we just need some decent airfare. Of course there is now the matter of wardrobe for the weekend! :lol:

http://www.cafepress.com/celebration25 :wave:

diddy_mouse

It is truly amazing that you guys have almost 500 people attending your event! :eek: :sohappy:

I can just picture you all heading to one attraction at the same time... :ROFLOL:

jasondiff

I doubt we will be able to split it up like that unfortunately, as we are only being supplied one table for sign in (meant to seat two people). I haven't even gotten final permission for Sunday yet, so I'm going to stick with what we've been offered so far until things progress. Though, I do like the idea of them going straight to you after they sign in.

If we get a table for Sunday at least it will take some of the pressure off Monday morning, so hopefully that will work out! Signing in almost 500 people Monday from 7-8:30 am will mean we'll have to do one sign-in every 11 seconds! We'll need military training to do that!!

If we can seat 2 people, maybe we can split A-M and N-Z and then I will stand in the back or to the side to do the dessert party wristbands since there are significantly less of them. Just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom