Fun Fan get together for EPCOT's 25th on Oct 1st

angelfaerie52

My boyfriend purchased dessert party tickets last night... what is this idea of a sunday thing? Is it a meet up or just a sign in for Monday? I feel out of the loop...

Now I have to wonder if I should book a night's stay or not...

jedimaster1227

If we get a table for Sunday at least it will take some of the pressure off Monday morning, so hopefully that will work out! Signing in almost 500 people Monday from 7-8:30 am will mean we'll have to do one sign-in every 11 seconds! We'll need military training to do that!!

If we can seat 2 people, maybe we can split A-M and N-Z and then I will stand in the back or to the side to do the dessert party wristbands since there are significantly less of them. Just a thought.

I explained to Christie that we needed the table Sunday for just that reason. I am planning on checking back with her on Monday to see if we got the approval for Sunday (our requests are being approved/rejected by Epcot's event board).

My boyfriend purchased dessert party tickets last night... what is this idea of a sunday thing? Is it a meet up or just a sign in for Monday? I feel out of the loop...

Now I have to wonder if I should book a night's stay or not...

Sunday is a whole extra day for Celebration 25. We will have more photo opportunities, more surprises that have yet to be announced, our history walk, and more. We are still working on our itinerary for the two days, and those should be out soon.

angelfaerie52

Oh, cool on the extra day. Do I need to sign up for that, too, or is it included with my Monday sign up?

I will have to talk to my boyfriend to see if he wants to waste (or... enjoy) another day of his visit at Disney... but this all sounds really fun!

jedimaster1227

Oh, cool on the extra day. Do I need to sign up for that, too, or is it included with my Monday sign up?

I will have to talk to my boyfriend to see if he wants to waste (or... enjoy) another day of his visit at Disney... but this all sounds really fun!

Well, if we end up getting approval, we will do signups on Sunday too. But yes, Sunday's events would be included in your overall registration.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Also the Anita Answers column on allears.net today, mentioned the 25th anniversay celebration and how a grass roots campaign got started by a local guy, and so not it looks like Disney may do some celebrating after all. Was she talking about you?

"Guy"????

( coughs )

Let's not forget it was a GIRL who started this "movement"....

:D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I am the teenager credited with that statement, but let me go ahead and say that the event was not started by me. That credit goes to our own Jenn Waitt.

I have done alot of research and PR for the event, but Jason, John, Lou and many many others have played a part in this event.

Thanks for remembering me! :wave:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
With all the press we are getting, I can see this last week being pretty frantic for last-minute signups.

Totally agree Jason...i think this coming week we will see a big jump in numbers....ESPECIALLY since Disney has just announced a SPECIAL VACATION DEAL for anyone booking NOW to be in WDW September 30th thru dates in October, November, and December! It's a pretty good deal for those who waited until the last mintute to book ( like me, though i arrive too early to take advantage of the package deal...:cry: ). Basically you stay On Property at one of the Value Resorts and you get a nice discount...plus Park Tickets too! It was only $462 or so for 5 day/ 6 night WITH 5 day Park Hopper! Incredible! Check it out!

All the info is on the main page of the official Walt Disney World website! This is your "cup of tea" folks if you have not booked for the Event yet! www.waltdisneyworld.com Now people who were sitting on the fence about coming have NO EXCUSE! Ha ha!!

I'm bummed that i can't take advantage of it, but i don't want to be arriving the day before Celebration 25. I want some time to chill before hand...plus i already have my ticket for MNSSHP that Friday ( 9/28)

Oh well...my loss, YOUR gain!

Disneybird

Sorry Jenn, I'm just now jumping in on this thread. From what I've seen, you folks (girls and guys) have done a great job and are thinking of everything. You deserve many pats on the back.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
No apologies needed .....just did'nt want to ...well, get "forgotten" :D

Jedimaster, i agree with you...thanks so much for all your support! I wish i could hear/see all the work you are doing with the interviews, but alas, my slow dial-up just cannot handle the load.

Oh well...i know full well the task is in very capeable hands!

You guys ROCK!

Sure, i may have launched things...but it was with the dedicated help from all of those involved ( exspecially Adam and Jason) that made this Event what it is today, and what it WILL be come October 1st!

Just wanted to let you guys know that i appreciate all the hard work you are doing "for the cause"!

Holy Batmice: Just saw EpcotServo's awesome photos of a totally "naked" ( gasp!) SSE! NO STARS AT LONG LAST!!!

This my friends, is the start of something great.

New slogan:

"The 22ND CENTURY begins October 1st 2007"!!

:sohappy:

Disney_Freak429

So even more planed for the day before wow again lol. I will be a last min. on the party but I will still make it. Also as far as ANY help needed doing ANYTHING feel free to ask me its the least I can do with what you have done to set this up.(either on Sunday or Monday) Also I HAVE NOT booked anything yet so if anyone is interested in shareing a value room E-mail me ASAP.(either if you haven't booked yet or have) Because we are all poor & can use the extra person(s) to help save us cash. ;) (e-mail is Disney_Freak429@yahoo.com) I am more than willing to sleep on the floor in a room with several others in order to save cash so we can all have a place to sleep. :D I wanted to note I looked up the offer for value starting Sept. 30th & there doesn't seem to be any rooms so PLEASE for those who have booked & those who have not think about sharing your room with others so we can all stay on property without blowing all our cash.

Matpez

FYI-
Hotel deal, just posted, 24 hours to book only.
This includes the weekend of Epcot 25 celebration!

24 Hour Deal!!!
Grab this deal while it is hot. Time is running out on your chance to get away for as little as $29.95 a night. Select a property below or call 1-877-224-5377 and ask for the 24 hour package. Rates from : $29.95

http://www.orlandohotels4less.com/24hour/

:D

Figments Friend

Original Poster
...... I wanted to note I looked up the offer for value starting Sept. 30th & there doesn't seem to be any rooms so PLEASE for those who have booked & those who have not think about sharing your room with others so we can all stay on property without blowing all our cash.

They may be booked up due to the recent package deal announcement i mentioned a few posts ago which is also being promoted on the official site as well as MouseSavers. The 30th is the start of the discount rate offered in that package, plus it's the day before out Event, so anyone following our progress or looking for a bargin On Property would probably jump on that nice package deal. I wish i could of, but i arrive 3 days too "early" to take advantage. It is a shame, as for what i am paying for a week stay at ASM i could have done that... AND had a 10 day Park Hopper/No Exp ticket too! I had to book for the first time EVER non-package! I am sooo thankful i bought a 10 day pass earlier this month before the prices went up....or i would be sweating right about now! I always go Off Season, and it has spoiled me terribly ( i am too used to the cheaper rates and good package deals). Oh well, EPCOT 25 will be totally worth the extra expense.

Matpez my friend, thanks so much for alerting us to the recent hotel special you found! Awesome...let's hope some folks here looking for a place will jump on this!

jasondiff

Who has gotten Celebration 25 shirts from Cafepress? I'm ready to order mine and I want some opinions on the dark ones. I'd love to hear what color you got and what you think of it. I'm leaning towards charcoal. Thanks!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I ordered some things earlier this month, and was very satisfied in both the fast shipping and quality of the product.

I did not order any dark colored shirts though....just a white ladies v-neck version ( double sided) and a collection of the pin buttons. I also ordered the ceramic mug, which is FANTASTIC and BIG! I love it..though it would have been nice to have the logo on both sides instead of one.

I highly recommend all the above!

jedimaster1227

Who has gotten Celebration 25 shirts from Cafepress? I'm ready to order mine and I want some opinions on the dark ones. I'd love to hear what color you got and what you think of it. I'm leaning towards charcoal. Thanks!

I'm ordering mine this week. I'm even getting a few extras for a surprise post-event "thing." More details on that later.

I ordered some things earlier this month, and was very satisfied in both the fast shipping and quality of the product.

I did not order any dark colored shirts though....just a white ladies v-neck version ( double sided) and a collection of the pin buttons. I also ordered the ceramic mug, which is FANTASTIC and BIG! I love it..though it would have been nice to have the logo on both sides instead of one.

I highly recommend all the above!

I tried to get the system to put the logo on both sides, but it wouldn't allow me. Otherwise, I am happy to hear how well everything came out!

Small Update: I just finished recording a promo with a new partner, the All About the Mouse Podcast. I did another interview with them (and finished mine with John and Lou on Monday), and yes, I made sure I shared the credit with all who deserve it. :animwink:

We now have 480 people attending not including Jenn or I's parties (expect about 10 more for mine).

I've got a few more interviews to do in the next week or so. I am also working diligently on the schedule. I got a surprise email today from a certain someone with a certain offer for a certain honor (no, not Epcot offering us anything "extra"), but someone in the community. (I know, just vague enough to leave you wanting more...) This is probably (next to Lou's donation), the best publicity we will have gotten so far. I'm working the deal right now, but I can assure you, this will be very very very good! :animwink:

imamouse

I am also leaning toward the charcoal, but it looks like the "25" doesn't show up. Perhaps it's just the photo. Did anyone order the charcoal already? How does it look in person?

Disney_Freak429

Look at the bright side

They may be booked up due to the recent package deal announcement i mentioned a few posts ago which is also being promoted on the official site as well as MouseSavers. The 30th is the start of the discount rate offered in that package, plus it's the day before out Event, so anyone following our progress or looking for a bargin On Property would probably jump on that nice package deal. I wish i could of, but i arrive 3 days too "early" to take advantage. It is a shame, as for what i am paying for a week stay at ASM i could have done that... AND had a 10 day Park Hopper/No Exp ticket too! I had to book for the first time EVER non-package! I am sooo thankful i bought a 10 day pass earlier this month before the prices went up....or i would be sweating right about now! I always go Off Season, and it has spoiled me terribly ( i am too used to the cheaper rates and good package deals). Oh well, EPCOT 25 will be totally worth the extra expense.

At least you have it booked I hate waiting till the last min. & thats why if anyone is willing to split a room I would jump at the chance. At this rate I may have to stay in a sleeping bag in the EPCOT parking lot somewhere. :lookaroun

wannabeBelle

Hey DisneyFreak, Why not split your stay?? Do some when you cant take advantage of the package and the remainder when it is available?? If you need help doing this feel free to E mail me or call the office at 1866-566-7858 Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom