From the Press Event - New celebration to be called "What Will You Celebrate?"

MousDad

Happy Birthday Disney Fans:

Sept.-NYC-2008-060-web.jpg

[source: Jim Hill Media]

wvdisneyfamily

Why not make the Free ticket good for the month of your birthday, not just that day? My sons birthday is in February and although we usually go in the month of February (next trip is January), we are never there on the actual day. This way if he has a ticket for a free day we can attach it to our time there on vacation.

Next Trip - January 2009

I agree that would be a good idea.

DISMOM

'You obviously haven't heard about the 25th Anniversary we had a while back have you? :p'

CastlePho_op_450x600.jpg
[/quote]
Yes, this is what I was referring to.

santa's surpriz

Why not make the Free ticket good for the month of your birthday, not just that day? My sons birthday is in February and although we usually go in the month of February (next trip is January), we are never there on the actual day. This way if he has a ticket for a free day we can attach it to our time there on vacation.

Next Trip - January 2009

I read it as only the day of your birthday. I registered, it could actually work well for me bc my daughter and I have birthdays 11-8 & 11-9. The only thing is I am going in January, but with a bounce back offer I may be going! I try not to pass up freebies!

DISMOM

Can you imagine the headache at Guest Relations.....
"Really, I lost my ID. It is my birthday"
" It was my birthday yesterday, I had to work an unscheduled shift and couldn't get here"
"We planned on being here last week but had car trouble on the way here. It states on my reservations that my birthday was last week when we should have been here"
" A hurricane blew my ID away. It's my birthday today. Can't you just let me in anyway?'
"But I didn't know that kids have to have an ID. I was there when they were born. Can't you guest take my word on it?"
"Since Disney shut down early for a hurricane, can I get in tomorrow for free, too?"
OH, the agony.......

imamouse

Could I receive a free ticket on my birthday for Disney World, and a free ticket on my birthday for Disney Land as well?

I might have to do that if I can.

Only if you plan to visit both parks on your actual birthday in 2009. Airplanes aside, I haven't read the fine print, but my guess is the offer is one per customer.

Ilovewishes

As I've just read pretty much the whole thread (all 14 pages!) and a couple of people have asked this but don't seem to have got a reply, I will ask again...

What do you get for anniversaries?

My 3rd anniversary and my 25th birthday are both in March '09 but at opposite ends of the month so it's extremely unlikely that I will be there for both (esp as we're flying in from the UK!). I just want to keep my options open for which even I want to celebrate!

Anyone know what they have for your anniversary?

EPCOT Explorer

Funny. Many people—fans and Cast alike—would rather see a year or two without any celebrations at all, allowing Guests to enjoy the parks without needless clutter and silliness.

And a free giveaway worth $75 is better than "a basic sales pitch of things that [are] already obtainable."

2011/2012 will be the big years for WDW.

*cue Celebration from ROE*

w00t!

MKCP 1985

Why not make the Free ticket good for the month of your birthday, not just that day?

:lol:

Would you go into a restaurant and tell the waiter, "My child has a birthday this month. We have other plans than to eat here on his birthday, but since we are here now, and you have a policy of giving free desserts on your birthday, would you mind bringing out a free dessert and singing happy birthday to him today?" :lol:

Well, some people probably would. :eek: :ROFLOL:

DonaldDuck34

Does anyone know how they will decide who gets to stay in Cinderella's Castle now? Will disney still have the "Dream Team" or will "Dream Fastpasses" and other perks that came with The Year of a Million Dreams be gone? I would really like it if they kept the little details of YOMD. I'm really interested on how they will decide who stays in the castle or if they will let people pay to stay there.

P.S.

I HATE THE NEW THEME!:hurl:

brettf22

Premium Member
Upgrading free birthday ticket

OK, let me see if I'm understanding this correctly. According to their FAQ, I can upgrade my free one day ticket to a multi-day ticket and only pay the incremental cost. And I can do this up to 7 days before my actual birthday (but I have to be in one of the parks on my birthday).

So, say my birthday is on a Saturday, but I'm arriving on Wednesday and will be there 7 days. I can go on the Wednesday before my birthday, pick up my free ticket for Saturday, but then upgrade it to a 7 day ticket, only pay $153 ($228 7 day - $75 one day), and have a 7 day ticket starting on Wednesday.

Sound correct? If so, in my opinion, this is a much better deal than the $75 merchandise credit, since this is guaranteed to save you $75 (which you can either spend on merchandise or pocket).

Here's their FAQ questions/answers:

Q: Can I upgrade my free birthday ticket to another ticket type?

A: Yes, the free birthday ticket may be upgraded to another ticket type on your birthday. However the celebrant is responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by the celebrant. In addition, the One Day/One Park Ticket good for 12 months (an option for select Guests) may not be upgraded.

Q: What if my birthday falls during our visit, but it is not on the first day. Will I be able to pick up my ticket or other options on the first day of my arrival?

A: You can visit our designated "Will Call" windows at any of the four theme parks up to seven days prior to your birthday to pick up your free birthday ticket which will only be valid on your birthday.

WDWFigment

You get nothing for your anniversary, graduation, etc. because you can't easily prove these dates. Your birthday is on your driver's license and birth certificate, items most people have. While you could bring in your marriage license or diploma, that's really convoluting the process even more, and Disney would need a 25 page FAQ for the 95% of the population that can't draw inferences. Disney would also be inundated with complaints and questions by the 99% of that 95% that wouldn't read the FAQ, and would just expect Disney to accommodate them. Everyone has a birthday, so by making the freebie available on one's birthday, they effectively reached the entire population (besides those Feb 29 oddballs) without overly complicating the whole promotion.

Even with keeping it simple, as others have pointed out, there will still be a lot of people who don't get it.

EPCOT Explorer

You get nothing for your anniversary, graduation, etc. because you can't easily prove these dates. Your birthday is on your driver's license and birth certificate, items most people have. While you could bring in your marriage license or diploma, that's really convoluting the process even more, and Disney would need a 25 page FAQ for the 95% of the population that can't draw inferences. Disney would also be inundated with complaints and questions by the 99% of that 95% that wouldn't read the FAQ, and would just expect Disney to accommodate them. Everyone has a birthday, so by making the freebie available on one's birthday, they effectively reached the entire population (besides those Feb 29 oddballs) without overly complicating the whole promotion.

Even with keeping it simple, as others have pointed out, there will still be a lot of people who don't get it.
It's a shame they can't do that...It would be nice celebrating my graduation up there.*ahhh*:eek:

Disney_Freak429

As far as the Castle Suite the rumor is that it will now be used for Make A Wish children. There will NOT be anymore Dream Squad, Dream Fastpasses, ect. after Dec. I just hope Disney stays true to the Make A Wish idea with it & doesn't end up selling the stay to rich people for a insane amount for a nights stay.

painter26

My interpretation is that your birthday will be free admission and that the imagineers are working on special promotions and packages for special celebrations like anniversaries, graduations, etc. that can be purchased. They will probably piece together some meals with extras, special tours, stuff like that. This free birthday works out great for my wife and I, birthdays are 10-24 and 10-26.

ToTBellHop

they already have--if you go to the website for this celebration, you can see all of the new extras that you can purchase, many marked as "starting Spring 2009".

MousDad

I made the mistake of perusing the WWYC? website. I'm afraid my mind is being gradually assimilated into the joy and wonder. I feel the need to celebrate. I feel the powers of the Great White Witch of Marketing enticing me with all manner of delightful pleasures. I - must - plan - my - next - trip. PLEASE HEELLLP meeeeeee ..........

dopeylover

So you can't really schedule any of this online while you're booking, am I right??? Also, you can't individually pick the park passes, so you can't get the 'free' day online either....The lack of online convenience dissappoints me, I guess...When are they going to get reservations and a more individual experience online??? Or am I just missing something? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom