From the Press Event - New celebration to be called "What Will You Celebrate?"

dopeylover

We're in the VERY early stages of planning a family reunion trip to WDW this summer or next fall...It seems fitting that this is the theme then! BUT--And I know I probably shouldn't admit to this on this site- I AM DYING FOR THE HARRY POTTER VILLAGE!!!! If it's not done soon, we may postpone to 2010 b/c I don't think we can afford 2 Disneys trips a year apart from each other--We really like to do it up on vacation! We'll see...:animwink:

ToTBellHop

We're in the VERY early stages of planning a family reunion trip to WDW this summer or next fall...It seems fitting that this is the theme then! BUT--And I know I probably shouldn't admit to this on this site- I AM DYING FOR THE HARRY POTTER VILLAGE!!!! If it's not done soon, we may postpone to 2010 b/c I don't think we can afford 2 Disneys trips a year apart from each other--We really like to do it up on vacation! We'll see...:animwink:
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will certainly not be done til 2010.

pilka214

what really impresses me, is the fact that if your an AP like myself, they'll give you a birthday fun card worth the price of a ticket.... that means for the first time in my life, i will be able to enter the magic kingdom, and leave without spending ANY money!!!!

kimmychad

I can't believe all the griping that something free is a bad thing because it wasn't more.

Wait a minute. . . yes I can. :lol:

only on here is getting $75 a bad thing. and all you have to do is show up. and to think, the only thing i got from the yoamd celebration was a free locker rental.

if your whining that disney isn't giving you enough, consider the fact that they don't have to give you anything. if it isn't your birthday just be thankful you're in disney.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just MHO - More Rasulo CRAP. Unimaginative, uninspired, and unimpressive.

Let's see.... Pre-Rasulo:

MK 25th Anniversary
Millennium Celebration
100 Years of Magic

Rasulo becomes President of Theme Park division in 2002

Grand Gatherings
YoaMD
YoaMD Year Two
What will you celebrate?

Next to nothing for MK's 35th or 40th, EPCOT's 25th, MGM's 15th, and AK's 10th anniversaries. There wasn't much made of MK's 30th either, but the 100 YoM overshadowed it (and for good reason). Disneyland got a lot of well-deserved attention for it's 50th, but Matt Ouimet led that charge, not Rasulo.

I don't care about free admission on your birthday. I don't care about streamers and balloons. I care about imagination at the parks. Good, Disney-quality attractions. The reeks of nothing more than a ploy to get some people into the parks when they otherwise wouldn't have come. Yes, that's the point of business. No, I don't care for his "vision" or execution.

How much longer until someone with vision and imagination takes over the theme parks? I'm sick to death of the canned, overly-marketed garbage Rasulo's put out. And I know I'm not alone.

HMF

Just MHO - More Rasulo CRAP. Unimaginative, uninspired, and unimpressive.

Let's see.... Pre-Rasulo:

MK 25th Anniversary
Millennium Celebration
100 Years of Magic

Rasulo becomes President of Theme Park division in 2002

Grand Gatherings
YoaMD
YoaMD Year Two
What will you celebrate?

Next to nothing for MK's 35th or 40th, EPCOT's 25th, MGM's 15th, and AK's 10th anniversaries. There wasn't much made of MK's 30th either, but the 100 YoM overshadowed it (and for good reason). Disneyland got a lot of well-deserved attention for it's 50th, but Matt Ouimet led that charge, not Rasulo.

I don't care about free admission on your birthday. I don't care about streamers and balloons. I care about imagination at the parks. Good, Disney-quality attractions. The reeks of nothing more than a ploy to get some people into the parks when they otherwise wouldn't have come. Yes, that's the point of business. No, I don't care for his "vision" or execution.

How much longer until someone with vision and imagination takes over the theme parks? I'm sick to death of the canned, overly-marketed garbage Rasulo's put out. And I know I'm not alone.
You are not alone. From a marketing perspective he is worse than Paul Pressler.:mad:

smphilliesphan

Honeymoon 2009

I hope that they do something for couples "Celebrating" their honeymoons. I will be going down to WDW 12/5/09 for our honeymoon and am hopeing there is some "Celebration" for us. Maybe in time, and their just testing the waters for now. Hopefully my travel agent will keep me updated!!

Scotty
Trips:
7/86, 8/96, 5/05, 12/09:xmas:

I'll never be able to visit the parks on my birthday. :( ....but I do love the logo. lol

web.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom