From the Press Event - New celebration to be called "What Will You Celebrate?"

nibblesandbits

Oh I'm so sorry for expressing my opinion. I should've known better.:(

Only if its your birthday...
So, basically, it's sounding like you have sour grapes b/c you can't go on your birthday...:lookaroun

Look...I probably won't be able to take advantage of this promotion. My birthday's in the summer and I choose not to go then because of the crowds...BUT that doesn't mean that I don't think this is cool for those who will get to experience it.

Keep this in mind...Disney doesn't have to do anything for us...these celebrations are 1. a way to draw in non-fequent trip goers and 2. to market the company and keep the Disney company in the forefront of people's minds. I see nothing wrong either one.

Remember the old quote...Disney is a business, they can do what they want. Disney doesn't have to offer anything to us...this could have just been a marketing campaign where they wanted to celebrate things. The fact that they're giving away something, is remarkable, simply because they don't have to. However, Disney is going to market their product, one way on the other. It's the times we live in now. Everything is marketed to the nth degree. And if that bothers you, don't go, becuase I can guarantee it's not going to change anytime soon.

HMF

I am really dissapointed they will be keeping the generic Disney Parks brand, generic castle in clouds logo and Where Dreams Come True slogan. I guess they won't have to replace the intro to Reflections of Earth anytime soon.:cry:

EPCOT Explorer

I am really dissapointed they will be keeping the generic Disney Parks brand, generic castle in clouds logo and Where Dreams Come True slogan. I guess they won't have to replace the intro to Reflections of Earth anytime soon.:cry:

I thought the same thing...But at least they don't have to change all the other things that say "Where Dreams Come True".That would be a PAIN.

MickeyCrazed

OK. I already booked my vacation 3 weeks ago. My DW's birthday is in January. My DD's is in April and May and my other DD's is in December. I am a DVC member and have to use my points by March. They were banked from last year. So I can't change my dates. The airline tickes are already purchased so I can't echange them without a fee. So we miss out on another Disney "event". Maybe we will celebrate that. Anybody else close to something like this?

Yup. Also DVC members, and we arrive 2 days after DH's birthday. Considering we were at WDW 4 times during the current celebration, and never even saw the Dream Team one time, I don't get much joy out of Disney's celebrations. Guess I am just unlucky! :(

sbkline

OK, let me see if I'm understanding this correctly. According to their FAQ, I can upgrade my free one day ticket to a multi-day ticket and only pay the incremental cost. And I can do this up to 7 days before my actual birthday (but I have to be in one of the parks on my birthday).

Or what? How would they enforce that? Let's say that you plan to be at WDW for 10 days, but you only plan to go into the parks on 8 days. So, up to 7 days prior to your birthday, you get your free one day ticket, then upgrade it to an 8 day ticket, for 75 dollars cheaper than what an 8 day pass would normally cost. According to what you just posted, you have to be in one of the parks on your birthday. But now that you have that ticket card in your hand, what's to stop you from spending your birthday resort hopping and hanging out in the pool and not stepping foot in the parks? Is there something encoded into the card whereby it would know that you "cheated" and it would then negate one of your days on your ticket?

I'm just curious how, or if, they would/could enforce what you just said.

sbkline

Only if you plan to visit both parks on your actual birthday in 2009. Airplanes aside, I haven't read the fine print, but my guess is the offer is one per customer.

That's an interesting thought. :lol: Given that CA is 4 hours behind FL, I suppose if you did a WDW park and finished by noon, then caught a 1 PM flight out of Orlando Airport and arrived in CA 3 hours later (I'm not sure how long it takes to make such a flight), that would be noon, Pacific Time. Allowing for all the time it would take at the airport and traveling to DL, you could arrive there by 1:30 or 2 and have the rest of the day there. :ROFLOL:

JWG

We'll all be in a better place when we just realize these promotions are not meant to cater to or draw us in. We already go to Disney religiously and they have us based on their brand. Therefore, we're not marketed to.

They're giving away free admission to a park, that's impressive.

pjammer

Or what? How would they enforce that? Let's say that you plan to be at WDW for 10 days, but you only plan to go into the parks on 8 days. So, up to 7 days prior to your birthday, you get your free one day ticket, then upgrade it to an 8 day ticket, for 75 dollars cheaper than what an 8 day pass would normally cost. According to what you just posted, you have to be in one of the parks on your birthday. But now that you have that ticket card in your hand, what's to stop you from spending your birthday resort hopping and hanging out in the pool and not stepping foot in the parks? Is there something encoded into the card whereby it would know that you "cheated" and it would then negate one of your days on your ticket?

I'm just curious how, or if, they would/could enforce what you just said.
Q: What if my birthday falls during our visit, but it is not on the first day. Will I be able to pick up my ticket or other options on the first day of my arrival?

A: You can visit our designated "Will Call" windows at any of the four theme parks up to seven days prior to your birthday to pick up your free birthday ticket which will only be valid on your birthday. However, other Birthday benefits such as a Special Birthday FASTPASS® or a Birthday Fun Card must be picked up on the actual date of your birth to receive the benefit.

Q: Can I upgrade my free birthday ticket to another ticket type?

A: Yes, the free birthday ticket may be upgraded to another ticket type on your birthday. However the celebrant is responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by the celebrant. In addition, the One Day/One Park Ticket good for 12 months (an option for select Guests) may not be upgraded.

Since you can only upgrade on your Birthday, I will assume they will hand you the valid only on your birthday card that can only be used on your birthday. The rest of the days will probably be tied to another card.

P.S. I also assume they might use the biometric system to some how tag the card back to you if you pick the card up early.

HMF

I thought the same thing...But at least they don't have to change all the other things that say "Where Dreams Come True".That would be a PAIN.
I really do not mind the slogan Where Dreams Come True What I have a problem is
1. It does not belong in the introduction of Reflections of Earth
2. It also is the slogan of Disneyland Resort. Disneyland already had a very famous slogan "The Happiest Place on Earth" Having both resorts with the same slogan under the same "Disney Parks" brand undermine the unique identity of Walt Disney World and Disneyland' respectivley.
3. IT DOES NOT BELONG IN THE INTRODUCTION OF REFLECTIONS OF EARTH!!!!!!:mad:

pjulie75

I am excited about this one, it is my mums birthday during our stay, so hopefully fastpasses all the way:p

It is our 10th wedding anniversary too, do we need to take our marriage certificate to confirm this?? We stayed in POFQ for our honeymoon and are now returning with our kids.

We already visit around special occasions so it seems a fabulous treat.

Mr.EPCOT

A week from now, nobody will care about this thread anymore. :animwink:

Is that a hint of something to come?

Unfortunately, we probably won't see that happen until Jay Rasulo is stripped of his power.

Timmay

I think it is kind of cool and fun. Everyone is starting to get me depressed. Can't you guys just enjoy something for free. I know everyone can't be there on their birthday but come on it is cool.

People love to complain, and people around here really love to complain. The complainers seem to think WDW should cater to them alone.

It has taken me a while, but I have learned to ignore most of it.

tirian

Great Scott! Could this be a.....HINT?

I guess were just gonna have to all use our imagination and keep our heads in the stars.

No, I just meant that people will find something else to talk about.

If I were dropping a hint, I would have given a slightly longer time-frame. ;)

culturenthrills

Interesting. I bet it is likely a test at DL to see if it can be implemented at WDW. So is it only SoCal residents? (I just popped over to mouseplanet and couldn't find anything on this. Admittedly didn't look very long.) Personally, I like to pay for mine in bulk (on my disney visa!) instead of worrying about a new payment every month or even every 3. I'm sure the flexibility would help a lot of people, though.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=268

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom