Frightening Spectro Rumor...

_Scar

I have only seen MSEP during one of my two trips to DL when i was young. It is classic! It purely is--in Disneyland!

Spectro--I absolutely love it--I have actually only watched this parade, the full parade(sitting down) probably two or three times. But walking from Tomorrowland after a long day(just after returning your FastPass to Buzz Lightyear for one last ride) to Main Street's sidewalks and catching the last 5 minutes of it and it's music is truly a MK memory. Or maybe coming from Adventureland or thru the castle to the hub. Just hearing this thing is amazing. The music is so Disney and the parade is such a WDW MK classic!

This is almost my entirely how all my MK nights end :ROFLOL:

ttalovebug

I have only seen MSEP during one of my two trips to DL when i was young. It is classic! It purely is--in Disneyland!

Spectro--I absolutely love it--I have actually only watched this parade, the full parade(sitting down) probably two or three times. But walking from Tomorrowland after a long day(just after returning your FastPass to Buzz Lightyear for one last ride) to Main Street's sidewalks and catching the last 5 minutes of it and it's music is truly a MK memory. Or maybe coming from Adventureland or thru the castle to the hub. Just hearing this thing is amazing. The music is so Disney and the parade is such a WDW MK classic!

Wow, this is pretty much exactly how I feel. I've seen Spectro so many times that I never sit down to watch it, but I love to walk by it and know it's there at night, and hear the music as I walk around. I like the Spectro music to be the last thing I hear before I leave.

Suprisingly, MSEP is the parade I "grew up" seeing, but I prefer Specto because of the music. My mother, however, totally disagrees with me. It's totally subjective.

MickeyMind

I've been going to the parks since the mid 80s, grew up with msep, but still prefer spectro 100x more my family agrees and my parents have been going to wdw since the first day it opened... Spectro was something that didnt need to be changed, wdw has so much to fix that they should not be fixing what aint broken right now.

UPDATE SPECTRO AND BRING IT BACK!

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
Having watched spectro for the past several years, then seeing the electric parade, I must say Disney took a step back with the EP. Spectro magic was awesome. Hope it isn't gone for good.

spacebaby

Personally I think it's good that they rotate the parades from time to time. Don't get me wrong, I love Spectro but also enjoy MSEP even though the music is kind of annoying after a while but IMHO it has better floats.

I imagine the question Disney ask themselves is with the high ticket prices will people keep coming back to see the same old thing over and over again? I generally only make the trip when there is something new to see so when Summer Nightastic was announced I went out and booked a flight over to the USA so I could see MSEP and the firework show and in December I'll be heading back to see the new Xmas shows SeaWorld introduced last year.

Change is good and one day it would be nice to see Fantillusion there too as I can't stand the rudeness of the crowds at DLP (There is no concept of queuing in France it would seem - people just push their way past you to get up to the front). But I also want to see Spectro back as for me, it's my original night time parade dating back to my first visit to the USA in 1992.

I have to say it was kind of sad to see the Spectro floats all seperated from each other along the Marathon course on Sat night. It was also a little odd to see them in such strange locations such as AK.

rodserling27

MKCP 1985

At least two of the Spectro Magic parade floats were on display Saturday night - Chip and Dale's piano float and the bacchanalia float from Fantasia (the one with the little drunken man eating grapes). Both of those parade floats were being used out on the course during the Wine and Dine half marathon. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom