Frightening Spectro Rumor...

_Scar

Rudeness? You made a false statement and I corrected you, I didn't realize continuing a discussion on a message board was rude.

Parade is a broad term, as is nighttime parade. Spectro and ELP are both nighttime parades, one takes place on land and the other on water. They're both real. No sarcasm or rudeness involved.

If you want to define parade in your own terms go for it.

:ROFLOL:

You really didn't read what he said did you?

:ROFLOL:

Just look back at what he posted, both say sorry and go back to a heated debate instead of a cut-throat verbal death match. :shrug:

mp2bill

I love how many people said they love MSEP when it was first rumored to come to MK, and now it seems like an equal number of people are saying that they don't like it as much as SpectroMagic. I just wish they could have both and rotate them from week to week (or however they see fit).

Tigger1988

Just look back at what he posted, both say sorry and go back to a heated debate instead of a cut-throat verbal death match. :shrug:

Not sure where you see a "verbal death match". If you do it's time to X out of the page. And it appears as if we had already moved on, you're the one keeping it further off topic.

I read what they said, the only thing I misread was the rude comment. If he/she wants me to apologize I will, it's simply not that serious.

PirateFrank

We were in the world between 8/12-8/28 (with a week in vero somewhere in the middle).

I saw MSEP 3 times during that time. That was enough for me. I want spectro back.

While my wife and I both had severe nostalgia going while we watched the parade, nostalgia can never be used as an engine to maintain entertainment....because it wears off fast.

By the third time, I was noticing things about MSEP that I thought were cheap and nasty. For example, on several floats there were lights arranged in the shape of a hidden mickey/mouse ears. But the arrangements of those mouse ears were in such disrepair that the circles forming the mouse ears were no longer perfect circles. things were bent, not straight. lights were out....

It looked 'six flags' to me.

I never got that feeling when I watched spectromagic, and I've seen that parade dozens of times.

If TDO is going to hari-kari by sending spectro to eurodisney, they'd better do some serious repair work to MSEP first.

DisneyParksFan1

We were in the world between 8/12-8/28 (with a week in vero somewhere in the middle).

I saw MSEP 3 times during that time. That was enough for me. I want spectro back.

While my wife and I both had severe nostalgia going while we watched the parade, nostalgia can never be used as an engine to maintain entertainment....because it wears off fast.

By the third time, I was noticing things about MSEP that I thought were cheap and nasty. For example, on several floats there were lights arranged in the shape of a hidden mickey/mouse ears. But the arrangements of those mouse ears were in such disrepair that the circles forming the mouse ears were no longer perfect circles. things were bent, not straight. lights were out....

I never got that feeling when I watched spectromagic, and I've seen that parade dozens of times.

If TDO is going to hari-kari by sending spectro to eurodisney, they'd better do some serious repair work to MSEP first.

Exactly.

WEDwaydatamover

Now on a Keys to the Kingdom tour that I took years ago, I was told that Spectro was designed especially for WDW and that no other Magic Kingdom had a Main Street wide enough to support such a parade? I hope this is true.

I think both parades have a special place in Magic Kingdom history. The MSEP couldn't be beat back in it's day and then came Spectro and it still can't be beat. If Disney has the creativity, talent, right management and budget to attempt to top themselves for the next 2 decades to come I would say on with the new in a second!

But... I honestly don't have enough faith in current TDO to show any wisdom or do the right thing, until then we will get limited edition re-runs.

Hey, thank the good fairy at least it's not Light Magic from Disneyland.

Disneyson 1

Original Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf0JdGB1Hco

So, besides some of the mannequin costumes not working and the Road Runner & Batman Villains not making an appearance, this parade's pretty good. Sure, it's not Spectro, but it's got a catchy soundtrack, a bunch of performers (but there could have been more to nix the mannequins!), and some of their lights are pretty impressive!

The show sorta works out like the other light shows, with the fairy leading the way and spreading the light through the parade, then there's the "garden" portion that seems to happen in every parade (except Wonder Woman's fighting a dragon rather than Alice being on a toadstool), then as you ease into the show they give spookier environments until it's all blasted out by pure light magic by the end! And how could you not live Daffy wheeling the trash can at the end of the parade?

If you wanna compare it to Six Flags, compare it correctly.

_Scar

They so copied the MSEP in the beginning. Its just like it, dancers, then blue fairy.

I would have rather seen the old Blue Fairy rather than Tinkerbell.

The pixie dust effect is sorta corny and it's not as grand and memorable as the color switch in Spectro imo

Didn't they have a Dumbo section too at one point or am I going crazy and it was just Pinocchio?

Disneyson 1

Original Poster
He was actually talking about the Six Flags parade...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf0JdGB1Hco

But I agree with both of you, the scenes of the parade are really similar. Even Spectro starts with some non-cannon characters dancing in the front, then Mickey comes and magically energizes the parade. And isn't it odd that there are foliage and greenery segments that come after each of the main units?

rodserling27

I would have rather seen the old Blue Fairy rather than Tinkerbell.

The pixie dust effect is sorta corny and it's not as grand and memorable as the color switch in Spectro imo

Didn't they have a Dumbo section too at one point or am I going crazy and it was just Pinocchio?
Yep, there was a Dumbo section in the original pre-SpectroMagic version. It was my favorite float too, it's a shame it's been scrapped. Does anyone know why? I know there was new music composed for it when the updated version of MSEP premiered in DCA in 2009....what happened to it?
One thing and one thing only I can do without...No Spectromen! Characters in the place of them would be sooo much better.
YES! I agree, I do not like the Spectromen one bit. Far too creepy.

rodserling27

Let me put this kindly...

If WDW looses Spectromagic I will be beyond furious!!! While I can appreciate MSEP it does not belong at WDW.

I don't understand how MSEP doesn't "belong" at WDW? It's the original night-time parade, one of the most beloved attractions of all time. If anything, it "belongs" at WDW more than many other things there. I can appreciate SepctroMagic, and I understand it's become somewhat of a staple of the Magic Kingdom, but you can't say MSEP doesn't belong there, it was there first!!!

Tigger1988

I don't understand how MSEP doesn't "belong" at WDW? It's the original night-time parade, one of the most beloved attractions of all time. If anything, it "belongs" at WDW more than many other things there. I can appreciate SepctroMagic, and I understand it's become somewhat of a staple of the Magic Kingdom, but you can't say MSEP doesn't belong there, it was there first!!!

This. I think some people need to realize that MSEP is a MK classic just as much as it's a Disneyland classic. Without MSEP there wouldn't be a Spectromagic.

janoimagine

Exactly ... I thought the same thing myself after reading that post. :lol:

bgraham34

This. I think some people need to realize that MSEP is a MK classic just as much as it's a Disneyland classic. Without MSEP there wouldn't be a Spectromagic.

I completely agree. MSEP is a Disney classic and belongs back were it began. I would love for both parades to exist in the park or just have MSEP in the summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom