Frightening Spectro Rumor...

MaryJaneP

Okay, thanks. I wasn't worried, just perplexed when I hovered over page 11 and it said posts 151-164 and I couldn't see them. Also, when my post # 151 was immediately followed by my post #160 (re-numbered to #152 by some pixie dust I think.

Anyway.

danv3

Having watched spectro for the past several years, then seeing the electric parade, I must say Disney took a step back with the EP. Spectro magic was awesome. Hope it isn't gone for good.

Agree. Just saw MSEP for the first time in years this past weekend. Saw Spectromagic in May just before its run ended. Spectromagic is considerably better...hope we see it again soon (like October 1, 2011).

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Agree. Just saw MSEP for the first time in years this past weekend. Saw Spectromagic in May just before its run ended. Spectromagic is considerably better...hope we see it again soon (like October 1, 2011).

I second that :wave::wave::wave::wave::sohappy:

spectromagic04

Is there any new info on if spectro is getting a refurb or is it just sitting in the parade house at Mk. Also is anyone know if spectro is come back to MK or will they ship to a different park during or after MSEP run.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Is there any new info on if spectro is getting a refurb or is it just sitting in the parade house at Mk. Also is anyone know if spectro is come back to MK or will they ship to a different park during or after MSEP run.

Going by hearsay its just sitting in a shack!!!

If it does get shipped im hopin to see it in DLP even if i love Fantillusion!

loveofamouse

I, for one, am a big Spectro fan. Love the music. It's classic. It's magical. It kinda tells a story. I love the lights changing from color to white. It just makes it dreamy

I saw MSEP this past June. It wasn't crap but I def put it behind Spectro. The synthesized music is horrible. There's a reason it was left in the 80s lol. And was it just me or did it seem to last TOO long?

I really hope Spectro doesn't get shipped off and I DEFINITELY don't want it permenantly replaced by MSEP! If they do develop a new one, I hope it's more the spirit of spectro than MSEP.

gah, MSEP for 24 months? blech

BTW anyone else curious on how an entire parade gets shipped around the world? ;)

loveofamouse

Maybe your timeline is wrong, MSEP was performed in MK into the 1990s and returned in the early 2000s.

Maybe you read wrong. I didn't say MSEP was in the 80s. I said synthesized music was like the 80s. Also, MSEP was there in the 80s.

The Main Street Electrical Parade is a regularly-scheduled parade, created by Bob Jani and project director Ron Miziker, famous for its long run at Disneyland at the Disneyland Resort most summers between 1972–1974, 1977–1982, and 1985-1996

Tigger1988

Maybe you read wrong. I didn't say MSEP was in the 80s. I said synthesized music was like the 80s. Also, MSEP was there in the 80s.

The Main Street Electrical Parade is a regularly-scheduled parade, created by Bob Jani and project director Ron Miziker, famous for its long run at Disneyland at the Disneyland Resort most summers between 1972–1974, 1977–1982, and 1985-1996

Where did I deny that it was performed in the 1980s? I specifically said INTO the 1990s.

Your comment could have been much clearer, especially since synthesized music is prevalent now more than ever thanks to autotune. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

loveofamouse

Where did I deny that it was performed in the 1980s? I specifically said INTO the 1990s.

Your comment could have been much clearer, especially since synthesized music is prevalent now more than ever thanks to autotune. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

I don't think it could have been any clearer, and, if you were saying it was performed INTO the 90s, they why correct my statement if you believed I said it was performed in the 80s? Either way, it was there in the 80s, as well as the horribly synthesized music.:confused:

Tigger1988

I don't think it could have been any clearer, and, if you were saying it was performed INTO the 90s, they why correct my statement if you believed I said it was performed in the 80s? Either way, it was there in the 80s, as well as the horribly synthesized music.:confused:

You said "it was left in the 1980s" I took that as you saying the parade stopped performing in WDW in the 1980s. Hence "performed INTO the 1990s"

And as I said synthesized music is everywhere on the radio today, so the 80s comment was lost on me. Shall I apologize again?

_Scar

You said "it was left in the 1980s" I took that as you saying the parade stopped performing in WDW in the 1980s. Hence "performed INTO the 1990s"

And as I said synthesized music is everywhere on the radio today, so the 80s comment was lost on me. Shall I apologize again?

Very different synthesized music. And some of it isn't. I'm lookin' at you Gaga :animwink:

DTM93

Well let's please the majority of people and send the MSEP over to DLP instead. I've seen it through various videos on YouTube and I do think that it looks good and I would like to see it.
Or send it back to DLR when I go next year again as I'd love to see it. :sohappy:

puntagordabob

Well let's please the majority of people and send the MSEP over to DLP instead. I've seen it through various videos on YouTube and I do think that it looks good and I would like to see it.
Or send it back to DLR when I go next year again as I'd love to see it. :sohappy:

Not sure they majority is really in Spectro's favor

KaliSplash

I really hoped that Spectro would come back to WDW. Our family absolutely loves it! While it was a nice throwback to see MSEP, there is just something special about Spectro. My daughter and I always say that the music makes us want to put on a ball gown and waltz the night away.

This is the very problem with SpectroMagic. It IS a Waltz, NOT a parade!

Paris can have it. And keep it. Forever.

MSEP RULES!

(obviously, this is a generational dispute. I am of the MSEP generation, having cut my teeth at Disney in late 70s and early 80s. It would appear many of you are of the later generation.)

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom