Frightening Spectro Rumor...

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
I think the spectromen would be better if they didn't have those creepy masks on. Just show the faces of the performers! Less creepy.

They removed the masks in 2007. They still look pretty creepy though...:ROFLOL:

Anyways, in my opinion it's good to hear that Spectro is being sent off to Paris. I had a nightmare about two former elements of the parade last night, where the chimes that used to play at the end of the parade were playing and a Spectroman poked me while I was in bed...very strange, off-topic but still a reason why I don't want to see it again.

Does anyone know why the chimes at the end were removed?

KaneMarko

Ok, I have never seen MSEP live but I have watched various youtube videos of it. This is just my opinion but I much prefer Spectro. Something about the music of Spectro kinda gives you that regal vibe. The music to MSEP just doesn’t quite do it for me. But to each their own.

We’re going down to the World in late November. So I guess MSEP will have the chance to “wow” me in person. But for me, Spectro is my favorite.

MichRX7

Premium Member
MSEP is classic, and I love it - I have fond childhood memories of sitting on the Main Street curb watching it. The music, oh the music - it became my adulthood cell phone ringtone!

Nice, I had that same ringtone I made off my MSEP music CD: "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! Walt Disney World proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination. In thousands of sparkling lights, and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds: the Main Street Electrical Parade!"

Hmm... I may have to go back and get that for my current phone.

And the fish rule, that is my favorite part, when the fish come really close to the audience and spin around. And as a kid we always cheered for Pete's Dragon to spray fog at us.

I always thought that Spectro was a cheap knock-off of the original MSEP when it was first released. Even my kids enjoyed MSEP more than Spectro when they saw it out at DCA a few years back. I think the masked dudes are just too creepy. But there are parts of it I really like.

Of course on all of these notes my favorite part of any parade was the HM float and grave diggers during MNSSHP!

mrtoad

Much prefer MSEP over Spectro. I do not like the Spectro music but love the MSEP music. I think it depends on how far back your memory goes. From what I see most people who started going to WDW after Spectro was in place love it most. For people who have been going to WDW from before then when MSEP was the nighttime parade love it most.

Not saying there are no exceptions to that but for most I think it holds true...

Stellajack

I love this debate! It proves just how passionate Disney fans are.

This trip I will really miss Spectromagic, but will certainly be excited while I'm waiting for MSEP to begin. Now in the meantime :lookaroun . . . . . . . . . . why don't I sing you a little song?

On this magic night,
A million stars will play beside us,
Cast a spell of light,
Glimmering, shimmering, carousel-ling
'Round the world tonight,
A symphony in SpectroMagic.
Pure enchantment lights our way!

:D

RunnerEd

To me, Spectro's Villain float was the best float in any WDW parade, any park, any time. When those big wings unfolded and the eyes glow red....wow!

_Scar

I love this debate! It proves just how passionate Disney fans are.

This trip I will really miss Spectromagic, but will certainly be excited while I'm waiting for MSEP to begin. Now in the meantime :lookaroun . . . . . . . . . . why don't I sing you a little song?

On this magic night,
A million stars will play beside us,
Cast a spell of light,
Glimmering, shimmering, carousel-ling
'Round the world tonight,
A symphony in SpectroMagic.
Pure enchantment lights our way!

:D

MSEP caused me now to hear what may be my favorite park music of all time. :cry:

mp2bill

I've never been a big fan of any parade, but I look forward to there being a new parade (to me anyway) the next time I visit.

_Scar

Yea, MSEP fans seem to credit remembering how good it was. News Flash: It's drastically changed including the now god-awful music.

spectrodanny

i there anyone reading this thread thaat has the capability of removing the periods from the topic? it's making it impossible to view anything after page 9

hpyhnt 1000

i prefer MSEP.

however, i wish the new music, tink float and pixie dust trail would go away.

I'm with you on that. I found the pixie dust effects to be less than impressive. Not only did the LED lights not really look like trails of sparkling dust, but the black framework for them was plainly visible on the floats. Imbedded fiber optics would have look much nicer and would have been more effective.

jjharvpro

I have only seen MSEP during one of my two trips to DL when i was young. It is classic! It purely is--in Disneyland!

Spectro--I absolutely love it--I have actually only watched this parade, the full parade(sitting down) probably two or three times. But walking from Tomorrowland after a long day(just after returning your FastPass to Buzz Lightyear for one last ride) to Main Street's sidewalks and catching the last 5 minutes of it and it's music is truly a MK memory. Or maybe coming from Adventureland or thru the castle to the hub. Just hearing this thing is amazing. The music is so Disney and the parade is such a WDW MK classic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom