Free dining

JimboJones123

My comments weren't directed at you. Heck, I didn't even see who had been quoted by the person I replied to. My comments were directed at the board in general.

He asked where these rumors come from, and I gave the honest answer that they come from.....make-believe land. That's why they're rumors. If anyone on here really did know when Free Dining was going to be announced, they'd tell us (with evidence) - or they'd just stay silent until it actually happens.

Every board on the web was saying Monday....and now that they've all been proven wrong, they're all saying "later this week, maybe next week, etc". They're probably wrong again. Who knows.

I just wish that if people are going to post a rumor and pretend it's legitimate, they would back up their comment with a source. Maybe not a name and phone number, but at least the position within the Disney company that it came from. Everyone is scared to reveal sources, so then we end up with 50 people saying things - some with imaginary people telling them things....some who heard it from bus drivers....and the few gems who actually have a contact within the company - which takes away any and all clout from rumors that might, possibly, be true.

Nothing personal, believe me. I value your input, as I value the input of many others on here. But he asked where it came from, and I told him. Generally speaking, all the bad info on here usually comes from other sites with bad info :p

If we were dealing in absolute truths, it would not be labled a "rumor". I for one love the idea of "buzz". Either true or false. Like baseball, Disney World is a talking sport. If nobody gave a flip about rumors, this site would not exist in it's current state AT ALL.

Disneyblog offers official news. If you want that, go there. Or keep checking disneyworld.com.

Upvote 0

brucie

I heard from my Friend who is a travel agent that there will be no Free Dining this year. He said he knows about a promotion coming up in about 3 weeks but it is not free dining, and he would not say what that promo was. Hope he's wrong

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
I heard from my Friend who is a travel agent that there will be no Free Dining this year. He said he knows about a promotion coming up in about 3 weeks but it is not free dining, and he would not say what that promo was. Hope he's wrong

As surprising as it sounds, travel agents aren't privy to upcoming discounts or offers any sooner than the general public. He/she could only have read it on the web along with the rest of us.

Upvote 0

lovepooh

I know for a fact that a travel agent can not know ahead of time. We are notified the same the as the public. I am a travel agent, we have never been privy to discounts ahead of the public. Speaking of trends that I have seen I would be extremely suprised if some sort of free dinning wasn't offered.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Okay! Who's hiding the crystal ball again?! Not funny! Someone get the thing out, knock the dust off, & start gazing so folks can know when/if their free dining is in their future!

:hammer:

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Please be true.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Please be true.

Yeah, we got the bounceback offer last year, so we already have the free dining, but my sister-in-law and her family are going with us this year and we're hoping they can get it as well. Although, the only thing we've heard is that the free dining will only be QS, but who knows? Either way, I hope Disney doesnt do away with the free dining, no matter what peoples opinion of it is, its definitely a good incentive to come to the parks. I hope we know something soon. :brick::veryconfu

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As surprising as it sounds, travel agents aren't privy to upcoming discounts or offers any sooner than the general public. He/she could only have read it on the web along with the rest of us.
Correct. We find out the same time as everyone else. At best the email informing of us of promotions might be an hour or two ahead of the official site.

Upvote 0

Missymoe4

Yeah, we got the bounceback offer last year, so we already have the free dining, but my sister-in-law and her family are going with us this year and we're hoping they can get it as well. Although, the only thing we've heard is that the free dining will only be QS, but who knows? Either way, I hope Disney doesnt do away with the free dining, no matter what peoples opinion of it is, its definitely a good incentive to come to the parks. I hope we know something soon. :brick::veryconfu

I was sent a special promotion two weeks ago for free QS dining. I need to book by April 30th to receive the deal, which goes lasts until August 14th.

Upvote 0

ncstate7991

I have a question for everyone. IF Disney did Free Dining for the fall, but it was only Quick Service Dining would you still be excited? Would it actually make you happier b/c it would make it easier to get ADRs at TS restaurants? Just a thought.

I have never done DDP (as a promo or for pay), but I have a weird feeling that if there is a DDP promo it will be for quick service dining only. As a side note, I know that DDP is a point system. If you elect to have the Quick Service option, but you have extra points can you use your points at a TS restaurant? Thanks everyone!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have a question for everyone. IF Disney did Free Dining for the fall, but it was only Quick Service Dining would you still be excited? Would it actually make you happier b/c it would make it easier to get ADRs at TS restaurants? Just a thought.

I have never done DDP (as a promo or for pay), but I have a weird feeling that if there is a DDP promo it will be for quick service dining only. As a side note, I know that DDP is a point system. If you elect to have the Quick Service option, but you have extra points can you use your points at a TS restaurant? Thanks everyone!
In all probability if they do release a free dining promotion it will only be the QS plan. At best it might be tiered based on resort choice. You can of course up grade to the basic or deluxe plans but it does take a bit of the bite out of the promotion. You can not trade in QS credits for TS credits. In some cases they would allow you to trade a TS for a CS credit but the reverse has never been true. It might make it a little easier to get ADR's but ADR's are head to get short notice even without a free dining promotion so I would hypothesize that any difference would not be enough to be noticed.

Upvote 0

Becky

My two cents. My guess on the promotion your friend told you about, discount for Canadians. There is a great UK discount at present.

Two more pennies. Walt Disney World currently has discount through August 14th. Why would they start another in early April?

Two final pennies. Historically late summer/early fall discounts have been released in mid-late June. Why, probably because the bean counters know by then if they need to offer discounts and if so how much of a discount.

All that being said, I hope I am wrong and there are super discount as I am going in mid-August no matter what. :)

Upvote 0

G-bone

I will be just as excited. I don't need to sit down and have a table served dinner every day. The way I see it a table service meal cuts out about an hour or so each day when we could be speding that time riding stuff.

Upvote 0

mcstensrud

If most people have booked hoping for free dining, how are the bean counters going to know who will cancel and who will still go regardless?

Upvote 0

NCState

Yes, every dollar I can save makes the vacation easier to enjoy. I would still pay the difference for the regular plan because we really enjoy the TS in the World.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom