Free dining

Tom

Beta Return
so..nobody has received free QS dining plan pins yet? and yall are thinking that it won't be offered this yer?

The PIN codes that have been sent out to selected previous guests are unrelated to the possible Free Dining offer that has happened each year since 2005.

The PIN codes were for QS, only valid for travel through 8/14, and may not be combined with any room discount offer.

There is still a chance that they will offer the "real" Free Dining, but it will be for travel dates after August 14. But, it's purely speculation that it will even be offered this year.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

If most people have booked hoping for free dining, how are the bean counters going to know who will cancel and who will still go regardless?

I have cancelled in years past because the dates started 2-3 days later than we wanted. We were bummed, but it just wasn't worth it to fight the August heat and pay for a dozen drinks a day.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

I have a question for everyone. IF Disney did Free Dining for the fall, but it was only Quick Service Dining would you still be excited? Would it actually make you happier b/c it would make it easier to get ADRs at TS restaurants? Just a thought.

I have never done DDP (as a promo or for pay), but I have a weird feeling that if there is a DDP promo it will be for quick service dining only. As a side note, I know that DDP is a point system. If you elect to have the Quick Service option, but you have extra points can you use your points at a TS restaurant? Thanks everyone!

I am hoping for the QS pkg in November. We are not sure if we would pay for the TS upgrade or not. The savings for us would be $1200 for the QS. That is a hug discount on our 14 night, $3000 trip.

We may upgrade, but we might just be better off paying for 2-3 quality TS meals and enjoying double CS a day. Most importantly, this would give our schedule a freedom that daily ADRs never gave us.

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

I am hoping for the QS pkg in November. We are not sure if we would pay for the TS upgrade or not. The savings for us would be $1200 for the QS. That is a hug discount on our 14 night, $3000 trip.

We may upgrade, but we might just be better off paying for 2-3 quality TS meals and enjoying double CS a day. Most importantly, this would give our schedule a freedom that daily ADRs never gave us.

What you say has a lot of merit. My mom and I used the QS meal plan during out trip in March and decided to incorporate 2 TS meals out of pocket. It worked out great. We enjoyed the flexibility of walking up to a CS restaurant and having our meals whenever was convenient for us. When we got tired of "fast food", we went to a TS restaurant. It worked out really well for us.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

What you say has a lot of merit. My mom and I used the QS meal plan during out trip in March and decided to incorporate 2 TS meals out of pocket. It worked out great. We enjoyed the flexibility of walking up to a CS restaurant and having our meals whenever was convenient for us. When we got tired of "fast food", we went to a TS restaurant. It worked out really well for us.

Plus we would love the extra snacks. 1 a day is not too much.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
I received a pin for a resort discount for the fall dates. Do you think that they are doing this instead of free dining this year?

They're doing all kinds of discounts for the balance of this year. With Harry Potter opening, they have to take advantage of the influx of people heading to Orlando. Plus, they have to keep their attendance up anyway, especially in the last quarter of their fiscal year.

PIN codes are only sent to a handful (it seems like a lot, but it's still selective) of guests. They don't usually affect their decisions to offer discounts to the public as well.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

They're doing all kinds of discounts for the balance of this year. With Harry Potter opening, they have to take advantage of the influx of people heading to Orlando. Plus, they have to keep their attendance up anyway, especially in the last quarter of their fiscal year.

PIN codes are only sent to a handful (it seems like a lot, but it's still selective) of guests. They don't usually affect their decisions to offer discounts to the public as well.

I wish they would send me a PIN for a room discount.

I have free dining Aug 15 to Aug 20 and I would much rather have a 40% - 45% room discount.

-dave

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
I wish they would send me a PIN for a room discount.

I have free dining Aug 15 to Aug 20 and I would much rather have a 40% - 45% room discount.

-dave

Exactly. A lot of people don't realize that. You can save more money with the room-only discount offers than you can with the free dining.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Exactly. A lot of people don't realize that. You can save more money with the room-only discount offers than you can with the free dining.
Most of the time yes but there is that perfect situation where free dining is considerably more lucrative. A party of 4 where the 2 kids are over 9 will save $120 per day even with the QS plan. That will usually trump room discounts until you stay at a deluxe or DVC resort. As always you gots to run da numbers.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Most of the time yes but there is that perfect situation where free dining is considerably more lucrative. A party of 4 where the 2 kids are over 9 will save $120 per day even with the QS plan. That will usually trump room discounts until you stay at a deluxe or DVC resort. As always you gots to run da numbers.

Fine then! :D

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
It is kind of fustrating. I think the number one question I get asked is "What is the best deal at WDW?". It would be nice to have a simple answer instead I have to go into a 2000 word essay made up of If/then statements.:lol:

It's like our favorite question here at work: "How much will a new building cost?"

"How much does a car cost?" "What kind of car?" "Exactly"

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's like our favorite question here at work: "How much will a new building cost?"

"How much does a car cost?" "What kind of car?" "Exactly"
I get that one a bunch to. Usually it breaks down to how much do trusses cost per square foot? To which I have to answer "It depends. I can show you a building where they cost 75 cents and I can show you another where they were $10. Chances are your building will be somewhere between the two"

Upvote 0

tink65

No discount will ever touch Free Dining at a value for 2+ people. I've rune everything. The 4+3 + $200 gift card was still short.

Well said! We are a family of 3 adults (DD is over 9) and always stay at a value resort. The free dining promotion is always the best money saver for us and I've run the numbers every way possible!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Seeing as my party is me, an 11 y/o and an 8 y/o at a Deluxe (WL) a room only is a vastly better discount for me.

-dave

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Free dinning with 7 seems to work for me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom