Free dining

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Seeing as my party is me, an 11 y/o and an 8 y/o at a Deluxe (WL) a room only is a vastly better discount for me.

-dave
That it would be correct. So far the only time I have seen free dining beat a room only at a deluxe was a party of 5 at the garden wing of the Contemporary.

Right. I should have said that room-only offers "CAN" result in better deals than Free Dining.
Learn to embrace words such as should, could, and possibly and I promise you that you online life will improve drastically.:lol:

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yeah but to do that in a single room you are looking at a 2br villa. Depending on the percentage discount room only can still beat it.

Treehouse, and the rates werent too bad, though exchange rate can have an effect. They were doing 40% off but that only lasted a few weeks this year and wasnt being offered when I went to book.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Treehouse, and the rates werent too bad, though exchange rate can have an effect. They were doing 40% off but that only lasted a few weeks this year and wasnt being offered when I went to book.
Let me know how you like the treehouses. We have been thinking about splurging on one in the near future.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Will do, weve paid for 7 days and 5 days on points. Just thought there looked a lot more space than we had at Kidanni in Dec. Plus we wanted to have a BBQ and quaff margaritas on the deck.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Well said! We are a family of 3 adults (DD is over 9) and always stay at a value resort. The free dining promotion is always the best money saver for us and I've run the numbers every way possible!

Correction -- in value resorts. Deluxe resorts, Free Dining is middle of the road.

Then again, if your willing to pay 4x a night what I am, $80-$100 a day is not that much.

Upvote 0

tink65

I am glad to see the conversation leaning more toward "what works for one may not work for another". Each family's situation is different based on # of people & resort preferences. Each person must look at the different discounts and determine what is best for their particular situation. As I've said....for me & mine the free dining is always the better deal! Whichever promotion each family decides to take advantage of is the best deal for their situation! Each person enjoy!

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

My exact smame vacation last year that was $2900 would cost $5400 non discounted during holiday season. Between value season and Free Dining, a two week vacation never looked so good. I still remember the even greater days two years ago when gratuity was included and prices were cheaper. The same trip was $2700 and we had no tips.

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

My exact smame vacation last year that was $2900 would cost $5400 non discounted during holiday season. Between value season and Free Dining, a two week vacation never looked so good. I still remember the even greater days two years ago when gratuity was included and prices were cheaper. The same trip was $2700 and we had no tips.

So stinkin' jealous of you folks who get to go for two weeks. That sounds amazing (and like a killer deal). Even with free dining I don't think I could convince hubby to stay for two whole weeks. 6 days is about his max. After that the pixie dust makes his head explode.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

So stinkin' jealous of you folks who get to go for two weeks. That sounds amazing (and like a killer deal). Even with free dining I don't think I could convince hubby to stay for two whole weeks. 6 days is about his max. After that the pixie dust makes his head explode.

The good thing is that they only let you get a 10 day ticket, you could beach a day, or shop, movie day, the dozens of other attractions. We did Sea World, Busch, DTD day, and water park day last trip. Next trip Discovery Cove, Sea World, US, and IOA. We may add another day or two for beach and to see Harry Potter and Tangled in November too.

If he is a sports guy, don't underestimate the power of Spring Training in late Feb/March.

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

The good thing is that they only let you get a 10 day ticket, you could beach a day, or shop, movie day, the dozens of other attractions. We did Sea World, Busch, DTD day, and water park day last trip. Next trip Discovery Cove, Sea World, US, and IOA. We may add another day or two for beach and to see Harry Potter and Tangled in November too.

If he is a sports guy, don't underestimate the power of Spring Training in late Feb/March.

A friend of mine just did Discovery Cove and she absolutely loved it. She keeps telling me to that it is a "must do". And I do admit, her pictures looked amazing. Sounds like a great trip. I think I could convince him to do two weeks with some park hopping over to US/IOA.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Will do, weve paid for 7 days and 5 days on points. Just thought there looked a lot more space than we had at Kidanni in Dec. Plus we wanted to have a BBQ and quaff margaritas on the deck.

Oh, So YOUR the one.

I am wait listed for a treehouse. I got stuck in a 2BR villa at Kidani

Heck, I don't even know when you are going :)

-dave

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

We have 14 and 21 day tickets over here, and of course the Uni 7 day and Orlando Flex passes.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Ticket options for Americans suck.

Not always, I used to get the download ticket for Uni for $99 its gone, but we can get a 1two park 4 consecutive day ticket for £81 = $117 inc tax or one that includes wet and wild for a bit more.

The 14 day Disney ticket was £160 when I purchased it last year its £220 - 230 now. But I guess they gear the tickets to how we travel which tends to be 14 - 21 days, cause the cost of flights tends to be the largest cost.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Not always, I used to get the download ticket for Uni for $99 its gone, but we can get a 1two park 4 consecutive day ticket for £81 = $117 inc tax or one that includes wet and wild for a bit more.

The 14 day Disney ticket was £160 when I purchased it last year its £220 - 230 now. But I guess they gear the tickets to how we travel which tends to be 14 - 21 days, cause the cost of flights tends to be the largest cost.

Pre HP Uni 7 day- $99

Post HP Uni 7 day - $169

we were going to get the 7 day and use 4-5 of them. Now we will just get the 2 day and not spend more $$$ there. Their loss of $200-300. Uni was going to be a pretty big part of our trip. Not now!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom