Free dining

memster

You know what, without the free dining many people would not be able to visit Disneyworld. The DDP is a great thing, and it makes a vacation much more affordable. You must be rich, but most of us, would like a discount on our expensive Disney vacations.
I couldn't of said it better myself :animwink:

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Not that I want to say "I told ya so." but...

I TOLD YA SO!
:ROFLOL:

Heh.

Ok, well, every week this summer I'm going to predict that there will be a rain storm the following Monday at Walt Disney World. And when there's a rain storm on any given Monday, I'll be able to tell you "I told ya so!"
:animwink:

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Don't worry about them running out of "the offer" because they won't.

Availability IS LIMITED. I've already had clients needing to change their resorts and even their travel dates in order to get one of these offers.

Those who don't want to change their dates or resort are out of luck; it just depends on each resort's allocated availability.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Availability IS LIMITED. I've already had clients needing to change their resorts and even their travel dates in order to get one of these offers.

Those who don't want to change their dates or resort are out of luck; it just depends on each resort's allocated availability.

You are right...it's easier to get the offer when you're booking a new vacation as opposed to applying it to an existing vacation. Often times if you cancel and re-book the same trip, and then apply the offer, it works. But then you risk losing your room.

I know an agent, personally, who has had no problem applying Free Dining to her client's existing vacations so far, but it probably comes down to hitting or missing the blackout dates right now, this early in the game. I honestly don't believe that per-resort availability is at risk of running out just yet....maybe for August.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You are right...it's easier to get the offer when you're booking a new vacation as opposed to applying it to an existing vacation. Often times if you cancel and re-book the same trip, and then apply the offer, it works. But then you risk losing your room.

I know an agent, personally, who has had no problem applying Free Dining to her client's existing vacations so far, but it probably comes down to hitting or missing the blackout dates right now, this early in the game. I honestly don't believe that per-resort availability is at risk of running out just yet....maybe for August.
Already run into a problem with a resort running out of availability for a certain time frame. Late September trip at POFQ....no availability at that resort. This of course is not that uncommon. POFQ is a popular and small resort and that leads to limited availability when offers like this hit.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

You are right...it's easier to get the offer when you're booking a new vacation as opposed to applying it to an existing vacation.

I don't believe I stated that my clients were booking new vacations or applying to an existing vacation.

I've personally had trouble with both scenarios. My team of agents has had similar issues. It depends on the resort, the room type, and the dates requested.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

My sister-in-law was able to get it today. Since Tammy at KK always plans our trips for us, we got her to help my sis-in-law. So, she got the QS plan and will be upgrading to the one we have. They'll be coming with us in Sept. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Already run into a problem with a resort running out of availability for a certain time frame. Late September trip at POFQ....no availability at that resort. This of course is not that uncommon. POFQ is a popular and small resort and that leads to limited availability when offers like this hit.

Interesting. Good info, Richard.

I don't believe I stated that my clients were booking new vacations or applying to an existing vacation.

I've personally had trouble with both scenarios. My team of agents has had similar issues. It depends on the resort, the room type, and the dates requested.

Oh, when you said "clients needing to change resorts or dates" I presumed you meant change actual bookings. Sorry.

Perhaps they're being extra stingy with this offer this year. Or perhaps it's just pure coincidence depending on dates & resorts, or what time you call, or if you're standing on one leg when you call. :p

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Perhaps they're being extra stingy with this offer this year. Or perhaps it's just pure coincidence depending on dates & resorts, or what time you call, or if you're standing on one leg when you call.

Now that would be something! Pam/Belle, could you picture that?? (sorry, personal joke)

Perhaps they have the room availability split between the Free Dining offer and the Room discount offer, and based on how each sells, they could re-allocate as needed....

I never remember a room discount AND Free Dining being released on the same day.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Now that would be something! Pam/Belle, could you picture that?? (sorry, personal joke)

Perhaps they have the room availability split between the Free Dining offer and the Room discount offer, and based on how each sells, they could re-allocate as needed....

I never remember a room discount AND Free Dining being released on the same day.

That could very well be true. The "Late Summer" room-offer was quite a surprise, especially on the same day as "Free Dining". They REALLY want to fill those rooms this fall. Sounds like someone is a little scared of Mr. Potter :p

I'm personally holding out for the fall AP offer. That'll be our ticket to WDW for October :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom