Free Dining Rumor

aj_steig

Thanks for the response! I really appreciate it. For some reason, I was thinking that if there wasn't an even amount of people in the room (based on double occupancy) that the third person would have to pay for it on their own. Good information to know!!!

imamouse

I'm considering a quick trip during the free dining (if offered), but due to the frenzy I'm concerned about crowds.

Those who have gone during free dining, is it super busy? Thanks!

disneytopdog

I'm considering a quick trip during the free dining (if offered), but due to the frenzy I'm concerned about crowds.

Have gone the past 2 years in September(during free dining). The crowds are not bad at all. Average wait time maybe 20 minutes. Did not use fast pass the first year. Second year used it just because it was there and was bored.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

Crowds are low that time of year. Free dining just ensures the majority of them are on-site vice off.

Rob562

Crowds are low that time of year. Free dining just ensures the majority of them are on-site vice off.

Correct. Only a percentage of daily attendance in the parks is made up of on-site Guests. To get a true idea of how crowded the parks will be, you'd have to see how busy the OFF-site hotels are.
The room occupancy rate on-site is relatively high year-round, so that part of the Guest flow is fairly constant. Free Dining is just one way that Disney has (in the past) boosted THEIR own occupancy rate during the time of the year that typically has the lowest occupancy.

In terms of crowds, the only thing Free Dining affects are the crowds in the restaurants. The attraction lines are your typical off-season wait times.

-Rob

BRER DAD

I have been the last two years of the free dining, the crowds and wait time were low. I actually prefer going in august because of the low crowds. Never needed a fast pass for any of the rides. :)

brisem

I've been away on business last few weeks, have there been any tentative dates when the free dining could happen? I have reservations booked for 18th-26th

janine51

Hi there Janine, I would suspect not. The Free Dining was offered to people who were booking a resort stay in conjunction with a theme park ticket purchase of any duration. This was the offer that was given over the last two years. I cant swear that it WONT be offered, but I would seriously doubt it as it was never offered before. Belle

Hi Belle - thanks for the reply. Can I ask one more question..... not that I want to appear desperate!!!!!! Do you think that if we buy park passes we could request free dining????

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hi Belle - thanks for the reply. Can I ask one more question..... not that I want to appear desperate!!!!!! Do you think that if we buy park passes we could request free dining????
If it's even offered, free dining is only going to be available to people buying MYW Resort/ticket packages. DVC members will still be able to buy the Dining Plan.

wannabeBelle

Monty Mon as usual is exactly correct. In the past I can tell you it was only made available to people who purchased a combination package that included resort stay AND Magic Your Way Theme Park tickets. Will this be the case for this year assuming that Free Dining is released at all? I would imagine it would still be limited that way but only Disney can tell you for sure. I can tell you that the previous offers for 2007 did not include it, so I cant see it happening for a General Public offering, if this is released. Sorry!! Belle

kennygman

Original Poster
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been here in a while. I was busy drumming up support for my dream job entry. Now that's over, it's back to making wdwmagic!

I think we should hear something this week, what do you think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom