Free Dining Rumor

BRER DAD

This sounds like great news to me. Keeps things positive anyway. I actually didnt call today, will wait to see what sunday holds. Im not a AAA member but I know people who are, im gonna have to call them. Thanx!:sohappy:

aj_steig

Okay I have unconfirmed news!!

Someone on intercot is saying they got a AAA newsletter today that said there would be free dining! They said you don't have to be a AAA member. They said the dates are August 5-October 3!! They said the DW reservation person said it would go into effect in the next couple of days to a week!

I have no earthly idea if this person is reliable, but it seems like an odd thing to make up! SO maybe it's true!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Anyone else get AAA newsletters?

That's the best news I have heard all day! Where did you find this (does Intercot have a discussion board somewhere?) I am curious because we are also AAA members and have not received a newsletter. Do you suppose I could call the AAA office and ask them?

figment1985

That's the best news I have heard all day! Where did you find this (does Intercot have a discussion board somewhere?) I am curious because we are also AAA members and have not received a newsletter. Do you suppose I could call the AAA office and ask them?

awesome!

Someone called AAA

ASAP! lol :D :sohappy:

aj_steig

awesome!

Someone called AAA

ASAP! lol :D :sohappy:

I was actually planning on calling them tomorrow morning (wayyy to tired to do that tonight!). However, I don't know if they will be able to provide any information to me, considering I am a AAA member from Colorado.....:)

Anyway, I located the post that was being discussed on Intercot. The guy claims that the information came to him in a newsletter and that the reservations agent said that they would be eligible, but they would have to call back in a few days. If this is accurate, I would assume that maybe he called before the official start date, and that's why he couldn't book quite yet (possibly?). A few people on the post are speculating that if the rumor is true, that the announcement should come any day now.

Here's the post if you're interested:
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=99548&page=3&highlight=free+dining+plan
The specific post being discussed is #49

If this is all true, it's going to feel like Christmas day the morning it's announced! I get up early every morning to check my email (and this forum) to see of any new announcements. The suspense is killing me:)

Rob562

Okay I have unconfirmed news!!

Someone on intercot is saying they got a AAA newsletter today that said there would be free dining! They said you don't have to be a AAA member. They said the dates are August 5-October 3!! They said the DW reservation person said it would go into effect in the next couple of days to a week!

I have no earthly idea if this person is reliable, but it seems like an odd thing to make up! SO maybe it's true!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Anyone else get AAA newsletters?

If it's the same ad I have, it's not Free Dining.

I got my AAA newsletter in the mail today ("Horizons" from AAA Southern New England). A Disney ad caught my eye inside, and at first I, too, thought it was for Free Dining, but then I looked at the numbers and it didn't seem right.

The title of the ad says "Play. Stay. And Dine." (Their emphasis, not mine).
The quoted package is 6 night, 7 days in a Value resort, MYW 7-day base ticket and the Disney Dining Plan. Dates listed are "most nights 8/5/07-10/3/07 and 11/25/07-12/19/07". The price listed is $737 per adult.

The date range was the first clue. I doubt they'd offer Free Dining in December.
I also plugged that exact package into the WDW website, and for two adults it's $1473.44, which is $737 per person. So there's actually NO discount at all on this package. You just get a free AAA luggage tag.
If it were Free Dining, it would be about $503 per person for the above-listed package.

So unfortunately, unless there's another ad floating around out there that IS the Free Dining offer, the ad doesn't look like what WE'RE looking for. Sorry.

-Rob

figment1985

You should go read what the person said on the intercot forum...(if you haven't yet). It just ODD that they said it like they called the AAA person on the phone and told them dining would be free during aug-oct 3? Who knows though.. that was only their second post on that forum..so..who knows.

I really hope no one pulls an april fools prank on free dining....

aj_steig

You should go read what the person said on the intercot forum...(if you haven't yet). It just ODD that they said it like they called the AAA person on the phone and told them dining would be free during aug-oct 3? Who knows though.. that was only their second post on that forum..so..who knows.

I really hope no one pulls an april fools prank on free dining....

That's kind of what I thought too. I am going to be REALLY sad if this is a prank. I hope nobody would be that cruel though :)

Disneyfalcon

April Fools, no!!

Rob I'm glad you could read the add yourself! The guy did say the agent confirmed it. He booked a package and she said he could add the free dining when it came out.

I don't know?? I did reread his posts and he didn't say the agent confirmed those dates. So those could be wrong. But maybe she knew about the free dining and does know it is going to be announced soon.

Here's hoping!:D

BRER DAD

Im gonna call later today and say I received a AAA newsletter and see what they say. Im getting tired of waiting. I have decided im getting free dining even if I have to dine and dash. I will let everyone know how I make out with the call, unless someone else beats me to it.

DoleWhip

I received the AAA newsleter that Rob mentioned, too. It looks like a regular Disney advertisement that will probably also appear in the Sunday newspaper travel section this weekend, so keep an eye out for it and everyone can check it out for themselves. Disney keeps doing this--making it look like a deal, but when you plug it into their website, it's the regular price. I actually received a postcard with a discount code in the mail for the spring package, and was sooo excited, but it turned out to be no savings at all! Hopefully this is just their end of year package, and if rooms aren't moving fast enough they will go ahead and add FREE dining.

aj_steig

I did the math that Rob did and came up with the exact same thing. I was so excited that it might have been what we're waiting for, but I guess not......

Anyway, I am going to give them a call today too and see what they say. Does anyone who received the newsletter know if they listed a start date for this "promotion"?

aj_steig

I just called the reservations line and she said that sometimes they will use "catchy" phrases (like the one in the AAA newsletter) to get people to book during certain times of the year, but that is was not the free dining plan. I tried calling AAA for Florida too, but I couldn't figure out which number to call (it was a 1-867 number, and I was trying to get a local number in Florida so they know what I was talking about.) Guess we'll just have to wait and see....

mikey

Hi, all, I've joined this discussion a little late, and I have a question that's probably been answered already, but I'm a little pressed for time this weekend, and would appreciate a quick repeat.

Number 1, it makes me sick that I didn't take advantage of this last year! I could have, but was under the impression that the free dining was only for Magic Your Way packages. I'm an AP holder and ignored it...silly me.

My question is, was the free dining plan offered the same one that comes with the MYW packages? Counter service, table service and snacks daily...or is it applied to whatever individual reservations you've already made?

Just looking for a little clarification, and, again, I apologise if this has already been answered 17 times...(weekend honey-do lists. They should be outlawed...)

mike

Disneyfalcon

Mikey, the free dining is the one one offered with magic your way packages (one counter service, one table service, and one snack credit), to be used wherever you make your reservations.

As an AP holder you can use it by booking a hotel stay package and only purchasing a one day ticket for everyone in your party. The number of days of free dining is determined by the number of nights you stay, not the number of days ticket you purchase.

To make it an even better deal, don't use your one day tickets, save them and apply them to the price of your next AP renewal.

I think that answered your question.:)

mikey

Disney Falcon, thanks for the quick response...but let me make this clear...If I have already have an AP for both me and my wife, we only have to purchase two one-day tickets to get the dining package for a ten-day trip? Am I reading you right?

mikey

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom