Free Dining Rumor

New2WDW

April 1st has come and gone! No April Fools joke :sohappy: and also no Free DP :cry:
We will see tomorrow if anything opens up!

joyDisney

Just checking in hoping today is the day, I can put this whole FREE dining guessing behind me!!!! Its making me sick - I tell ya - Its making me sick!!!:goodnevil

BTW, I personally think that its going to be another 12 days before Disney releases any summer deals. Why? Because the Spring Sales can be booked until April 14th. So 12 more days of insanity......

BRER DAD

Just got off the phone with Disney. The cm was extreamly rude and very short with me. I asked about the AAA deal and she said there is no dining discount being offered at this time. Guess will have to keep waiting.

Lucky

Okay I have unconfirmed news!!

Someone on intercot is saying they got a AAA newsletter today that said there would be free dining! They said you don't have to be a AAA member. They said the dates are August 5-October 3!! They said the DW reservation person said it would go into effect in the next couple of days to a week!

I have no earthly idea if this person is reliable, but it seems like an odd thing to make up! SO maybe it's true!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Anyone else get AAA newsletters?
August 5-October 3 are when value season resort rates are in effect. It's extremely unlikely Disney will be giving away food in early August.

Disneyfalcon

Okay the last poster from another board that I quoted seems to have been completely wrong, lol! But here's another one I found today if you're interested!

Now someone is saying (on the dis boards, I know, I've got to stick to WDWmagic - my favorite of course - but I'm obsessed with finding new information) they can see the offer on the Disney World TA site!

They said:

Playing around on the TA site and came across this:

September Magic Your Way Package plus Dining

Enjoy this special Magic Your Way Package offer, available most dates between 8/26/07 - 9/22/07. This ticket-inclusive package provides complimentary dining at select locations during your stay!

A three night minimum stay is required, and tickets must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply.
What are you shopping for today?

When I click on continue it says:

September Magic Your Way Package plus Dining

Enjoy this special Magic Your Way Package offer, available most dates between 8/26/07 - 9/22/07. This ticket-inclusive package provides complimentary dining at select locations during your stay!

A three night minimum stay is required, and tickets must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply.

* We are unable to process your reservation; please try again or contact The Disney Reservation Center at (407) 939-6244.

What are you shopping for today?

So I called them and they still don't show the package offer in their system."

Disneyfalcon

One more rumor from there. A few posters there have mentioned April 7. Either the print add will come out that day, or Disney Visa Card members can book that day.

Once again - RUMOR :D - but still exciting!

Disneyfalcon

Okay, one more. Please ignore my posts if you're tired of them...:D

Someone else says they had an interesting conversation with a CM:

I had to change a couple of my ADR's because MK is closing early for Pirate/princess party on Labor Day . When I called I got a real nice Cm who I was able to joke with. Told her I was doing it today becuase rumor is rampant that free dining is coming out in a few weeks and worried I wouldn't get times I wanted (was changing days and time for O'hana, Le Cellier, and Sci-fi). She got me the days and times with little problem, but told me its good I did it now becuase Free Dining is coming out soon and to change them after that would be very hard. I told her I wouldn't be able to do dining plan becuase of staying at the Swan(got $125 special rate). Told her was at WDW last year( at Dolphin-last week of sept) during the free dining and only really heard of your very popular spots (epcot,Chef Mickey's, o'hana) as being booked solid. She laughed and then told me something very intresting. because they have has a good deal of success of doing the UK , 40% Pin code, and re-book while at wDW promotion; Free Dining will be for a shorter time and the number available packages will be less then the year before. Also here's the biggie DELUXE Resorts will be getting/ will have the most available and the Values the least. She didn't go into specifics but she made it sound like Deluxes will have twice as many available as Mods or Values--OR another words - 50% Deuxe 25%mods. 25% values. I told her sounds like it will be a very busy day whan that breaks, she then told me with a laugh "well I'm off on Thursday's.". (april 12 is a thursday! -HMMM!). Anyways I thanked her helping me and giving the heads up. I guess the time around April 12 should be real interesting on here

Dwarful

August 5-October 3 are when value season resort rates are in effect. It's extremely unlikely Disney will be giving away food in early August.

I think they were using the August 5th date because Free Dining was already offered for this start period. You had to be a resort guest in Dec. but you could book your trip for August and get the free dining. Plus I think...thats a big think...that those are also the dates that WDW offered the free dining to the Brits. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

joyDisney

I think they were using the August 5th date because Free Dining was already offered for this start period. You had to be a resort guest in Dec. but you could book your trip for August and get the free dining. Plus I think...thats a big think...that those are also the dates that WDW offered the free dining to the Brits. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yes you are correct!!! FREE dining began on Aug 5th for them. August 5th is not so unreasonable in thought. Early August was nicely manageable during my trip there last year and in Aug 04 (hurricane Charley week) – totally not crowded. Not ONE ride had more than a 20 minute wait. I was literally able to do MK in one day - this has NEVER happened before. I was able to Ride Its a Small World back to back with only maybe 5 minutes of waiting. Splash Mountain was the only ride that had that 20 – 25 minute wait. BTW, that was the first time I’ve ever ridden SM because it was always such a ridiculous wait!! The restaurants weren't crowded either. I didn’t make reservations so this was a pleasant surprise. In retrospect, it was extremely nice – and since I’ll be there again in early August, the FREE dining offer would only make for more crowds.

celticdog

Okay, one more. Please ignore my posts if you're tired of them...:D

Someone else says they had an interesting conversation with a CM:

I had to change a couple of my ADR's because MK is closing early for Pirate/princess party on Labor Day . When I called I got a real nice Cm who I was able to joke with. Told her I was doing it today becuase rumor is rampant that free dining is coming out in a few weeks and worried I wouldn't get times I wanted (was changing days and time for O'hana, Le Cellier, and Sci-fi). She got me the days and times with little problem, but told me its good I did it now becuase Free Dining is coming out soon and to change them after that would be very hard. I told her I wouldn't be able to do dining plan becuase of staying at the Swan(got $125 special rate). Told her was at WDW last year( at Dolphin-last week of sept) during the free dining and only really heard of your very popular spots (epcot,Chef Mickey's, o'hana) as being booked solid. She laughed and then told me something very intresting. because they have has a good deal of success of doing the UK , 40% Pin code, and re-book while at wDW promotion; Free Dining will be for a shorter time and the number available packages will be less then the year before. Also here's the biggie DELUXE Resorts will be getting/ will have the most available and the Values the least. She didn't go into specifics but she made it sound like Deluxes will have twice as many available as Mods or Values--OR another words - 50% Deuxe 25%mods. 25% values. I told her sounds like it will be a very busy day whan that breaks, she then told me with a laugh "well I'm off on Thursday's.". (april 12 is a thursday! -HMMM!). Anyways I thanked her helping me and giving the heads up. I guess the time around April 12 should be real interesting on here

It's interesting that you bring this up. I made ADR's last week for the end of September. I did have some trouble getting good times at good restuarants. They either had really early dinner times (4/4:30) or really late (8/9) available. I was, however, able to book the restaurants I wanted on the nights I wanted. Chef mickey, Ohana and Le Cellier were the most difficult.

I didn't come out an ask about free dining, but I did not get any sense that they would be offering it. Sometimes when talking with a CM, they will say "good thing you're getting this done so early". Which can often be an omen. I didn't experience any of that.

Just my 2 cents.

BRER DAD

I just called Disney dining. I told them I already have made my reservations for August, but two of the days fall on PP night. I asked that if I cancelled would I be able to change the times with ease. The cm told me yes, but when the free dining is offered the times will fill up. She said "when the free dining is offered", starting to sound better and better. I think were getting closer to the date!:sohappy:

Disneyfalcon

I just called Disney dining. I told them I already have made my reservations for August, but two of the days fall on PP night. I asked that if I cancelled would I be able to change the times with ease. The cm told me yes, but when the free dining is offered the times will fill up. She said "when the free dining is offered", starting to sound better and better. I think were getting closer to the date!:sohappy:

That sounds just like the conversation the poster on the Dis had!! I know all CM's don't know about it, and most won't say if they do, but the fact that SOME know must mean something!

I hope it doesn't just mean they read message boards!:lol:

BRER DAD

Maybe we had the same cm. I know, Doubtful. I also had about a 10 min. wait to talk to someone. The recording kept saying there was a heavy volumn of calls.........must be members from wdwmagic calling.:ROFLOL:

wdwmomof3

Yes you are correct!!! FREE dining began on Aug 5th for them. August 5th is not so unreasonable in thought. Early August was nicely manageable during my trip there last year and in Aug 04 (hurricane Charley week) – totally not crowded. Not ONE ride had more than a 20 minute wait. I was literally able to do MK in one day - this has NEVER happened before. I was able to Ride Its a Small World back to back with only maybe 5 minutes of waiting. Splash Mountain was the only ride that had that 20 – 25 minute wait. BTW, that was the first time I’ve ever ridden SM because it was always such a ridiculous wait!! The restaurants weren't crowded either. I didn’t make reservations so this was a pleasant surprise. In retrospect, it was extremely nice – and since I’ll be there again in early August, the FREE dining offer would only make for more crowds.

I know what you mean about the free dining making the crowds worse. I think this is what happened to us last Oct when they offered it for the people from the UK. Someone said that they also had an offer for it for then for people here in the US. Does anyone know if they offered it for last Oct? We may be going back in Oct. so I was just wondering if I should be watching out for it.

Always on the lookout for a good deal:ROFLOL:

Disneyfalcon

I know what you mean about the free dining making the crowds worse. I think this is what happened to us last Oct when they offered it for the people from the UK. Someone said that they also had an offer for it for then for people here in the US. Does anyone know if they offered it for last Oct? We may be going back in Oct. so I was just wondering if I should be watching out for it.

They did not offer it in October last year. Last year it ended September 30. I don't think UK visitors had a special offer last year. Only 2007. I think the increase in crowds you're seeing in October are fall break people.:)

yazmin182

They didn't offer it in October but if you booked your trip on September 30, which was the last day, you get the free dining for the length of your trip. So that would be a week or even 10 days. So the first part of October might have been a bit busy.

Ok another question, remember that offer Disney had a few months ago, where if you were at Disney and you booked your next trip before you left, you get free dining? When was the dates for that free dining? I hope it's not the same the regular free dining. If it is, maybe the CM's on the phone were referring to that free dining plan?
Ok i hope that made sense!

Please let me know
Thanks

Yaz

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom