Five Year Plan

wannab@dis

Whew...Thanks for putting my mind at rest Adam.I couldn't bear another FW pavilion(even in it is TT) going over to the Pixar side.:eek:
I guess that's an example of your "fanboy logic" you talked about in another thread.

Even if it's TT? Guess that means it's somehow less of an attraction...
Going over to the pixar side? Oooh... Pixar is now equivelent to the dark side? cue vader music :brick:

Yeah, I hear ya, though. They should never attempt to improve an attraction or make it more popular.

EPCOT Explorer

I guess that's an example of your "fanboy logic" you talked about in another thread.

Even if it's TT? Guess that means it's somehow less of an attraction...
Going over to the pixar side? Oooh... Pixar is now equivelent to the dark side? cue vader music :brick:

Yeah, I hear ya, though. They should never attempt to improve an attraction or make it more popular.
Now THAT, was a oppinion...Mine,you don't have to like it.

TT is great but it could use a bit more "Future" and less of a "everyday" feel.

IMO of course...

And if they want to make it more popular in the long run....Be my guest.I don't think that something as "pop" as Pixar can do it.

What About Wonders Of Life? What kind of updates/ upgrades/ New stuff are we talking about here? IMO the idea of a health and life pavilion is still very important today. Just so long as there's a headliner attraction that is not a simulator! I'm sure they could still follow the idea of a futuristic medical center somehow...

darthjohnny

To be fair, the yeti is mythological as well. Or at least cryptozoological. Which is pretty much the same thing.

Yeah, but I would consider Yeti as more of an "animal." I've never been on Journey to the Center of the Earth, so it is hard for me to judge whether the rock monster could be considered the same thing. I guess I would have to see how it was pulled off.

wickedfan07

It would be nice to see Test Track get upgraded technologically. I would prefer that WDI steered clear of Cars for that attraction, but I'm not calling the shots so they'll do as they see fit. Will it ruin Epcot? No, it won't. Epcot will just continue to change. Those changes aren't in line with what most Epcot fans would like to see, but that's just the way it has to be I suppose. People go to WDW for entertainment, not for eduication. If a Cars-based attraction in the transportation pavilion can balance Epcot's mission of education with a lot of entertainment and is approachable by the masses, the mission is still fulfilled. Test Track is nothing like World of Motion was, and in turn, Test Track's eventual replacement will probably be nothing like anything before it.

I've been thinking a lot lately about where to draw the line between the classic "vision of Epcot" e all like to refer to and the pure Disney entertainment that needs to be present for the park's success. (I lead a boring life, what can I say.) Pure Disney entertainment is always going to win because it makes more money than inspiration and realism do. Whether or not today's Epcot is anything to do with what the park's dedication says has very little pull in decision making and no pull in the bottom line. Reality is what causes Epcot to NOT be about the real world.

In any case, I'll wait to see what gets built, what changes and what doesn't. In the end, I'll still be going back eventually, and I look forward to experiencing everything there is, even if RoE is but a distant memory, TT is Cars-based and JII v15.5 doesn't have Figment in it.

RSoxNo1

That information comes from several of my sources, none of which include Jim Hill's reports. His articles only confirmed what I've been hearing for quite some time regarding the boutique park.

Thanks Jedi,
Will this be marketed as a 5th gate, or an updated Pleasure Island?

wickedfan07

a boutique park?
what is that supposed to mean?

A boutique park would be like what SeaWorld has at Discovery Cove. It's a small park that only allows a small number of people in (say, 1,000 for example) each operating day. The park usually revolves around one very central attraction that is very unique. For Discovery Cove, that's swimming with dolphins and other exotic sea creatures. Tickets for these small parks are much more expensive than regular theme park admission.

MousDad

Changing Test Track to a Cars theme would be one change I could not understand, but not because it's Pixar. The whole message of Cars is nostalgia/going back to the past. Little bit out of place in Future World.

And this is coming from someone who thinks Pixar is the best thing to happen to the Disney brand in decades, and wants as much of it as possible in the parks.

Legacy

Changing Test Track to a Cars theme would be one change I could not understand, but not because it's Pixar. The whole message of Cars is nostalgia/going back to the past. Little bit out of place in Future World.

And this is coming from someone who thinks Pixar is the best thing to happen to the Disney brand in decades, and wants as much of it as possible in the parks.

It could work pretty easily, actually. Shift the story from a "GM testing facility" to a "Training Center" for the cars with Lightning explains the new ways that other cars "work-out" in order to be the best cars they can be.

The thrill still applies to teens and adults. The character applies to the kids. And the story is still relevant only with a side of whimsy.

jt04

It could work pretty easily, actually. Shift the story from a "GM testing facility" to a "Training Center" for the cars with Lightning explains the new ways that other cars "work-out" in order to be the best cars they can be.

The thrill still applies to teens and adults. The character applies to the kids. And the story is still relevant only with a side of whimsy.

Hmmm. Would they really theme it for kids when many kids are not able to ride because of height restrctions? Me no think so.

At Carsland there will be other attractions for kids but TT does not have this option................not yet anyway :zipit:

Legacy

Hmmm. Would they really theme it for kids when many kids are not able to ride because of height restrctions? Me no think so.

At Carsland there will be other attractions for kids but TT does not have this option................not yet anyway :zipit:

How do know if the refurb will include new ride vehicles that will lower the height restriction...

ToTBellHop

many kids? It's a 40" height requirement. Most kids are that tall by age 4, and I'm sure the average 2-3 year old is more into Sesame Street or Handy Manny than Cars, regardless of what t-shirts their parents make them wear...

MousDad

many kids? It's a 40" height requirement. Most kids are that tall by age 4, and I'm sure the average 2-3 year old is more into Sesame Street or Handy Manny than Cars, regardless of what t-shirts their parents make them wear...

Darn you kid - you are wearing this Mater T-shirt, you hear me! If you backtalk me one more time, I swear I will take away Cookie Monster for a week!!

basas

The theme as it is right now seems to apply fine to those who are old/tall enough to ride it. Kids don't need characters at every corner to stay interested.

I have a great idea: lets re-theme Universe of Energy to Monsters Inc, Wonders of Life to Toy Story, find a way to add Wall-E to Mission:Space, Test Track to Cars, Imagination! to The Incredibles, The Land to Ratatouille (uses food...connected to agriculture!), and The Seas to Nemo (wait...already done).

Wouldn't that be futuristic!

tdonald

The theme as it is right now seems to apply fine to those who are old/tall enough to ride it. Kids don't need characters at every corner to stay interested.

I have a great idea: lets re-theme Universe of Energy to Monsters Inc, Wonders of Life to Toy Story, find a way to add Wall-E to Mission:Space, Test Track to Cars, Imagination! to The Incredibles, The Land to Ratatouille (uses food...connected to agriculture!), and The Seas to Nemo (wait...already done).

Wouldn't that be futuristic!

If that wasn't a joke you're in some deep doo-doo, my friend. :lookaroun

I, for one, hope that doesn't happen... :zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom