Five Year Plan

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
Even if I hadn't read Jim Hill's recent article, I would be reticent to believe that Disney wasn't going to put any unnecessary projects on hold until the economy shakes out. Disney is a profit making company first and foremost, and spending a ton of money on new attractions and parades when attendance is down is a poor business decision.

Actually, what you just described is a poor business decision. Spend the money now when construction and material costs are low. Spend money now in order to attract more guests in a time when people may decide against going to WDW when 2 or more attractions are down or because they under-budgeted their expenses.

Thiger

for sure
even just some rehabbing could make all the difference
i mean, HMs' rehab was so amazing
maybe they just need to supe' up some of the existing rides that aren't that hot to upgrade their ticket status?
I'm thinking of retooling tiki, the tree house(dont know the acronym), HISTA and more. Actually, I bet they could add more Soarin' style rides or TSM style for much less than building coasters and the like

DisneyMusician2

I think Disney has been giving people new attractions on a pretty regular basis, while giving MORE DVC property and MORE major rehabs. They may not all be giant e-ticket thrill rides, but they certainly help.

Some things not mentioned a lot:

Numerous upgrades and rehabs of food service locations
New kidcot areas going up all time
Many resort room upgrades for exisiting resorts

It is also important to remember that Universal covers far less area and only supports two parks while Disney has many times more resorts and grounds to consider, as well as two water parks.

Just a thought.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Im sure Disney will have something new up their sleeve that will surprise us all.

Not when we have inside info clearly stating that the few projects that were up for consideration have been placed on hold or cancelled. There will be no new construction for attractions in the parks at all next year (2009). The earliest a new attraction would open is now 2014.

You can thank unregulated wall street, the sitting president, and poor management (both upper and middle) at disney for this.

jedimaster1227

Not when we have inside info clearly stating that the few projects that were up for consideration have been placed on hold or cancelled. There will be no new construction for attractions in the parks at all next year (2009). The earliest a new attraction would open is now 2014.

Not quite. Though may projects have been placed on hold, several were already greenlit and underway before the market decline. Several projects are still in the works for 2009 and beyond, though like others have said, some of the less final ones like The Little Mermaid and the rest of the Fantasyland update has been delayed.

Space Mountain is still a go, as is one other project of interest. You may have already seen a substantial test-lighting system installed in this pavilion--a sign of the illumination of a previously dark area... :animwink:

jt04

Not quite. Though may projects have been placed on hold, several were already greenlit and underway before the market decline. Several projects are still in the works for 2009 and beyond, though like others have said, some of the less final ones like The Little Mermaid and the rest of the Fantasyland update has been delayed.

Space Mountain is still a go, as is one other project of interest. You may have already seen a substantial test-lighting system installed in this pavilion--a sign of the illumination of a previously dark area... :animwink:

Cool! Can you shed any further "illumination" on the SM rehab? The rumors on here are all over the place.:veryconfu:confused::shrug::confused:: :brick:

WDWGoof07

Ok I'll bite...Does this mean JII 4 is still a go? And will Image Works come back upstairs? That's great and all...I just hope they'd extend the ride back to its original length. And of course reuniting Dreamfinder and Figment would be clutch, too.

Enigma

Account Suspended

I have been told JII was deemed essentially "unnecessary" and been put on hold for the foreseeable future. Dont expect anything to happen with the pavillion.

stitch2008

:sohappy::sohappy: That's great news.

jedimaster1227

Cool! Can you shed any further "illumination" on the SM rehab? The rumors on here are all over the place.:veryconfu:confused::shrug::confused:: :brick:

Some track work, onboard audio, rebuilt station and some additional ride effects are still in order. I'm waiting on a few more details to confirm or deny before I say anything more on this... :animwink:

I have been told JII was deemed essentially "unnecessary" and been put on hold for the foreseeable future. Dont expect anything to happen with the pavillion.

Thats actually the opposite of what I've been told at this point... :shrug:

We're talking SSE descent, right?

Nope.

mcjaco

Thats actually the opposite of what I've been told at this point... :shrug:

As I just got back from the World yesterday, I can tell you I'd rather see them pour some money into rehabing UofE, fixing all the broken items in the newer Nemo, give Maelstrom some love, and getting SSE working. The camera function wasn't working at all in the past week. The decent lights were also off yesterday.

Journey had lines of 15-20 minutes the two days I was there, which is the longest I've seen it years during the "offseason." Everything works, and it runs fine. I don't believe an ounce of the Journey rehab stuff. Especially since they just redid the floor in the Imageworks. That would be a ridiculous waste of money. And pointing the removal of Fast Pass machines for HISTA asa sign that it's "beginning, is moronic specualtion. If anyone has noticed, all Fast Pass machines for the theater shows are being removed. Across all the parks. They've deemed them unecessary.

I do have a tidbit on the Yeti, if anyone wants to know. :animwink: And perhaps a certain Kingdom of folktales......

jt04

As I just got back from the World yesterday, I can tell you I'd rather see them pour some money into rehabing UofE, fixing all the broken items in the newer Nemo, give Maelstrom some love, and getting SSE working. The camera function wasn't working at all in the past week. The decent lights were also off yesterday.

Journey had lines of 15-20 minutes the two days I was there, which is the longest I've seen it years during the "offseason." Everything works, and it runs fine. I don't believe an ounce of the Journey rehab stuff. Especially since they just redid the floor in the Imageworks. That would be a ridiculous waste of money. And pointing the removal of Fast Pass machines for HISTA asa sign that it's "beginning, is moronic specualtion. If anyone has noticed, all Fast Pass machines for the theater shows are being removed. Across all the parks. They've deemed them unecessary.

I do have a tidbit on the Yeti, if anyone wants to know. :animwink: And perhaps a certain Kingdom of folktales......

.....waiting......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom