Five Year Plan

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
OK, so lately, we in the WDW fan community have been hearing many exciting things to come. I thought that I'd assimilate a small list of the happenings at WDW.

2008 is a bit of a quiet year. Yes, TSM is opening and American Idol Experience has been announced, yet, this is nothing compared to the following years.

-Spectro will not be shown for a few weeks due to the reconstruction of the Liberty Square Bridge.

-Journey into Imagination refurb beginning late 2008/early 2009.

-Space Mountain refurb beginning Jan 2009 (extending as much as 14 months)

-PoD coming to the MK.

-Spectro leaving for a new nighttime parade.

-Jungle Cruise refurb.

-Contemporary semi-circle tower.

-Tree House Villas being rebuilt.

-The end of PI as we know it.

-Addition of an attraction to the Japan Pavilion of World Showcase.

-Star Tours v.2.

-Mermaid attraction in the old 20K site.

-A boutique park.

-Expansion of AK.

-New ride for AK (think JTtCotE).

-Total refurb of Test Track.

-2 new pyro shows.

-Addition of StormStruck to Innoventions.

-WoL re-imagined?

-Return of Kim Possible Interactive to EPCOT.

-4 Seasons and residential houses to be built on the former site of the Eagle Pines Golf Course once it has been de-annexed from RCID.

-TDS-style ride to AK.

-Lotsalove for DHS.

-Monsters Inc. Coaster in Pixar Place (Sound Stage 1).

-Backlot Tour going bye bye.

-Tomorrowland Skyway Station replacement.

-CoP major refurb.

-Stitch out of TL.

-Stitch in Adventureland.

-Total re-theming of TL.

Confirmed by Disney.

Confirmed by reliable source.

We know it's happening whether or not Disney has announced it.

Iffy.

I will add more if I can think of anything else. Please feel free to add anything I did not mention.

*Note that much of what is on the list is still specualtion.*

DTM93

Wow, that sounds like amazing things to come soon to WDW.
Is 2009 the year they are adding things to Disney ready for 2010 (Decade since Millenium started.) ?

maryszhi

wow, you wrote alot. i am sad about pleasure island and spectro, but am excited for the new. i am surprised a few, and glad for a few.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

What's going on with Pleasure Island!? (I'm kind of slow on the news of WDW). I am sad to for Spectro, I love the music to the parade, it is awesome!

DTM93

Ignore me, as you can sense I am braindead.
I should actually read the titles first, anyway I was very shocked to see the Backlot Tour going, I thought that would stay as I thought it would be very popular in DHS. With the refurb of Test Track does that mean that it is going to get completley changed? It is also nice to see Pixar place is now expanding even though it only contains one ride in itself so far. Also shocked about PI closing. I know I have never been to WDW yet and it is a bit of a unserstatement but I cannot belive they are finishing Spectro, that is just stupid I think, that parade looked and sounds amazing (from what videos I have seen on Youtube.) and also sorry I couldnt find it but what does PoD mean?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There`s a few that arn`t happening, and a few not included, but the future is looking rather bright...

Figment571

(in Russian accent)Yes, Glorious five year plan do much to bring glory to the Disney World!
All must work for the good of the disney World.

CrazyViolaGuy

Nice list, im interested to see what they do with the Tomorrowland Skyway station. There seem to be many vacant buildings across WDW. It would be great to see some thing moved in to these vacant spaces. :)

jt04

(in Russian accent)Yes, Glorious five year plan do much to bring glory to the Disney World!
All must work for the good of the disney World.

You just reminded me, add the rumored Russian Pavilion sponsored by Jim Hill Media :lookaroun

jt04

Nice list, im interested to see what they do with the Tomorrowland Skyway station. There seem to be many vacant buildings across WDW. It would be great to see some thing moved in to these vacant spaces. :)

Obviously it will be converted into a noodle stand. Evidently noodle bowls are very futuristic :lookaroun

StageFrenzy

Since its a 5 year plan does that mean that the plan will get overfilled for the glorious Mouse land and every new ride will be an F-ticket because E isn't good enough anymore.

tdonald

Since its a 5 year plan does that mean that the plan will get overfilled for the glorious Mouse land and every new ride will be an F-ticket because E isn't good enough anymore.

YEAH! I want F-tickets now! Or... wait... no, I want Z-tickets! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

RSoxNo1

That seems to be quite the ambitious list. Perhaps it's nitpicking, but could you arrange it into categories like:

Confirmed by Disney
Confirmed by trusted members of WDW
Confirmed by Jim Hill

Things like that?

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
That seems to be quite the ambitious list. Perhaps it's nitpicking, but could you arrange it into categories like:

Confirmed by Disney
Confirmed by trusted members of WDW
Confirmed by Jim Hill

Things like that?

Well, there is very little on the list that is confirmed by Disney. According to them, a Super Target is being built next to the Con. I don't think they have announced the return of KP either. But we know that equipment set up has been happpening for several months.

I can make a color identifiable list but it will have several colors.

RSoxNo1

Well, there is very little on the list that is confirmed by Disney. According to them, a Super Target is being built next to the Con. I don't think they have announced the return of KP either. But we know that equipment set up has been happpening for several months.

I can make a color identifiable list but it will have several colors.

KP?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom