Five Year Plan

disney9752

Wow, I like the idea of two new pyro shows coming to Disney. I know that RoE is prolly going soon :cry:. But I wonder if the Studios will be getting a new show (maybe they will bring back Sorcery in the Sky :lookaroun), because I cant see Wishes going anywhere soon. I cant wait to see these.

i honestly dont see dhs doing a fireworks show again during regular park hours except new years & july 4th. i was a cm at dhs in 92, large parts of backstage areas as well has almost the back half of the park including the courtyard at gmr had to close during the show, at least 30 min before to make sure all attractions were clear of guests, then had to wait till the entire area had been checked for any dangerous "leftovers" before they would re open.:brick:

disney9752

You're thinking of its predecessor, the Main Street Electrical Parade that started running in the park a year or two after it opened.
Spectromagic debuted in 1991 or 92.

-Rob

msep premiered at wdw on june 11, 1977 left sept 14, 91. spectro premiered oct 1, 91 as part of the 20th anniversary celebration. :(

jt04

Maybe we'll get the Tower of Terror Fireworks Spectacular, combining fireworks and the technology used for opening the DLP version of ToT. How cool would that be?
Actually if they are doing the scarier seperate ticket halloween event at DHS in the future it would be a perfect addition. Great idea.

Back of where? The MK? No. Station One was built there since it was in the middle of phase one in 1970, being able to support the MK, the North Service Area, the MK resorts and Fort Wilderness. If I recall it was also the main C&C center due to its proximity to both the CEP and DACS network - though this has now moved, I believe, to Station 4 in LBV. Station One is being replaced (?) by a new station to the west, behind the Frontierland area at Floridian Way / Maple Rd.

Disney may be farsighted, but not that much - firework shows were held over Seven Seas Lagoon until FitS began in 1973 :D
Thanks, Martin. That's the station I was refering too. I wasn't sure if the fire station was put there on purpose specifically for the fireworks displays or it it was mandatory for guest safety.

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
Marni, any idea what the possible retheming to TT could be? From the sound of it, it doesn't sound like a complete re-do, but could we see a more futuristic attraction in a few years?

Oohhhh....that's a tricky question.

Will Martin answer honestly and risk chaos on the boards?:eek:
Or will he politely dodge the question and preserve the peace?;)

I'll just sit over here and watch.....mouth shut.
:D

I think I know what is the most likely candidate but not definite.

Magicot

Oohhhh....that's a tricky question.

Will Martin answer honestly and risk chaos on the boards?:eek:
Or will he politely dodge the question and preserve the peace?;)

I'll just sit over here and watch.....mouth shut.
:D
Ok, now I know that they plan on doing some testing on TT for the Radiator Springs Racers. But they wouldn't actually re-theme TT to Cars, would they??

Lee or Martin, just answer me this: would this re-themed TT lean more towards the future or the fantasy?

Captain Chaos

I hope they don't retheme TT to Cars... However, I can see Disney doing this...

Also, JTTCOTE is going to be a movie, I think coming out this summer... Wouldn't that put a little damper on the ride in WDW?? I don't think Disney is releasing the movie. Walden Media and New Line Cinema are the production companies. Disney is listed as a distributor. Maybe this is another one of those situations where they have the rights to a theme park attraction but not the rights to make the movie?

tdonald

Pretty much EVERYTHING in Camp Minnie-Mickey can be easily moved (or replicated and then the originals torn down). It wasn't intended to be a permanent addition to the park, but rather was a last-minute addition when BK was pushed back. When you walk through CMM, not much feels very "permanent" there. I could easily see a new Camp Minnie-Mickey being built between Asia and Conservation Station to connect the two via walkway, and serve as a nice transition between the two. I'm sure they could even come up with a clever backstory on why the camp needed to be moved.

-Rob

Yes, originally everything in CMM was supposed just be something they (relatively) cheaply threw together when they didn't have money for BK and knew that there wasn't nearly enough to open the park with. Everything there WAS meant to be temporary, but Disney didn't expect it to be nearly as popular as it was. The same was probably true for the Theater in the Wild, and possibly Chester & Hester's.
I think FotLK would be better suited to AK's Africa than Adventureland (and there's also probably more room). But at the moment it one of the most popular shows in WDW, so they're leaving it put.

BTW, does anyone know whatever happened to the Australia at AK rumor? :shrug:

tdonald

It better not be Cars...If it is,Futre World is no more.

Welcome to Pixar Land!
:hurl:

In about 10-15 years, kids won't be wanting to go to The Walt Disney World Resort...

SPOILERS AHEAD...

SPOILERS AHEAD...

They'll be wanting to go to...

The John Lasseter World Resort :sohappy:

...I can see it now... :mad:

Rob562

whats that "one mighty party" i've never heard of it. but then again i don't go down there then either. no offense.

It's an after-hours private-event party at the Studios geared toward people visiting for the unofficial Gay Day weekend events. It's not sponsored by Disney, nor do they handle ticketing or advertising for the event. (And if you ask the phone operators about it, they most liekly wouldn't know anything about it, or at most would give you the phone number for the promoter of the event). Disney only supplies the staff to operate the attractions open for the party (RnRC, ToT and Star Tours) and probably a food location or two.
An outside events promoter rents out the park, sells tickets and handles access into the park. (And at $95 a ticket, it makes the after-hours events at the MK seem like a bargain)
The party is essentially a giant circuit party with three dancefloors and live DJs, a few attractions open, and the big fireworks display.
They also run a similar after-hours party at Typhoon Lagoon that week. (Just without the fireworks)

The same was probably true for the Theater in the Wild, and possibly Chester & Hester's.

Well, Chester & Hester's *store* is pretty permanent. (Or as permanent as anything can be at WDW) It was designed and built as part of the original overall plan and backstory to Dinoland. But Dinorama is quite easily removed. My favorite quote from an Imagineer regarding Dinorama (and I forget if it was Joe Rhode or Marty Sklar) was "This could all be gone in a week..."

If you'll notice in Dinorama, there's no real theme park infrastructure within the "road" that surrounds it. All buildings and structures are relatively temporary construction. The only food locations are snack carts and the one small stand that looks like a camper at the back (And I think even that was relocated from where it was before Dinorama was built). And the only bathrooms are part of the permanent store building, and the Nemo theater on the other side. No bathrooms (and their expensive and involved plumbing) within Dinorama itself. So it would be a very simple operation to bulldoze the entire thing.

-Rob

StageFrenzy

Last time i rode TT they had taken the tv's that replay the ABS test out (that didn't always sync up) and I just want to say I feel sorry for the cone in the first test. I have always thought the big room could use some work.

po1998

OK, so lately, we in the WDW fan community have been hearing many exciting things to come. I thought that I'd assimilate a small list of the happenings at WDW.

2008 is a bit of a quiet year. Yes, TSM is opening and American Idol Experience has been announced, yet, this is nothing compared to the following years.

-Spectro will not be shown for a few weeks due to the reconstruction of the Liberty Square Bridge.

-Journey into Imagination refurb beginning late 2008/early 2009.

-Space Mountain refurb beginning Jan 2009 (extending as much as 14 months)

-PoD coming to the MK.

-Spectro leaving for a new nighttime parade.

-Jungle Cruise refurb.

-Contemporary semi-circle tower.

-Tree House Villas being rebuilt.

-The end of PI as we know it.

-Addition of an attraction to the Japan Pavilion of World Showcase.

-Star Tours v.2.

-Mermaid attraction in the old 20K site.

-A boutique park.

-Expansion of AK.

-New ride for AK (think JTtCotE).

-Total refurb of Test Track.

-2 new pyro shows.

-Addition of StormStruck to Innoventions.

-WoL re-imagined?

-Return of Kim Possible Interactive to EPCOT.

-4 Seasons and residential houses to be built on the former site of the Eagle Pines Golf Course once it has been de-annexed from RCID.

-TDS-style ride to AK.

-Lotsalove for DHS.

-Family Coaster in Pixar Place.

-Backlot Tour going bye bye.

-Tomorrowland Skyway Station replacement.

Confirmed by Disney.

Confirmed by reliable source.

We know it's happening whether or not Disney has announced it.

Iffy.

I will add more if I can think of anything else. Please feel free to add anything I did not mention.

*Note that much of what is on the list is still specualtion.*
If all this happened in the next 5 years I'd be jumping for joy. Just for comparison sakes, does anyone have a list of what was done in the last 5 years?

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I'm liking the "Lot's of love for DHS". My mom only wants to go there and see Fantasmic for our next trip and then that's it. I really thing it needs some love too but I still love the park. They are missing something but I can't quite place my finger on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom