Five Year Plan

RSoxNo1

Hmmm. Would they really theme it for kids when many kids are not able to ride because of height restrctions? Me no think so.

At Carsland there will be other attractions for kids but TT does not have this option................not yet anyway :zipit:

Why not, Stitch's Great Escape has the largest height requirement in the park if I'm not mistaken.

RSoxNo1

My point about Stitch's Great Escape having a height requirement is that it doesn't seem like it would be a deterrent for Disney.

basas

You said you didn't want Pixar.

Not sure how this relates to my point, but...

I didn't say I didn't want Pixar. I said I didn't want it EVERYwhere. I think having an area like Pixar Place at DHS is great, and I look forward to its expansion. But lets keep the parks unique and keep the Pixar characters to a few areas.

My point about Stitch's Great Escape having a height requirement is that it doesn't seem like it would be a deterrent for Disney.

Right, but I hope they've learned from their lesson.

wickedfan07

It could work pretty easily, actually. Shift the story from a "GM testing facility" to a "Training Center" for the cars with Lightning explains the new ways that other cars "work-out" in order to be the best cars they can be.

The thrill still applies to teens and adults. The character applies to the kids. And the story is still relevant only with a side of whimsy.

The story you suggested would work fine...in the Studios.

wickedfan07

With the potential for the educational slant... it would work well in Epcot too.

At first glance, the idea of Lightning McQueen talking about cars "working out" just sounded odd to me. I'm sure if the powers that be were set on throwing Cars in Test Track, WDI could make it work in Epcot. I'm still on the fence on this one, even though I am open to characters in Epcot. I'm open to them where they will help to really improve a pavilion, like Nemo did for the Seas. Over at Test Track, the ride is still very popular I guess I think WDI should try to make other improvements to the ride before they add in Cars characters. I love Mater, don't get me wrong, but there's something weird about seeing a clanky old tow truck in Future World. I can't put my finger on why I don't like this proposed addition, but for whatever reason I'm just not too excited about it.

dxwwf3

I can't believe Test Track re-do rumors have started. Are we getting ready to enter Epcot's 3rd Generation? 82...94...Coming Soon?

And as far as the Cars rumors go, they COULD make it fit in with Epcot, but they did choose to forget the educational aspect in the Nemo ride (There are some exhibits that do try though). And I feel they wouldn't go with the good idea that Legacy presented. But as a Cars fan, I would much rather see the DCA attraction added to the Studios along with Radiator Springs than see it come to Epcot. If we are to believe that RS Racers is going to be more elaborate than Test Track, wouldn't that show building in Epcot restrict the attraction? Personally, I think there are much bigger fish to fry than a Test Track replacement right now. Heck, there are a few things just in Future World that need it more than TT.

Enigma

Account Suspended
2 good sources on another forum are confirming that the attraction going into Soundstage 1 will be a Monsters Inc. Dark Ride/Family Coaster hybrid. Anyone got any idea when they will start work on it?

the-reason14

I honestly dont get why do another Monsters inc attraction. I guess its better than nemo, but still, what about the incredibles, ratouliee. Monsters as well as most pixar films, is a great movie, but they already have the beyond crappy show at the MK, why not utilize a pixar film that has absolutely no attraction, like anywhere. Incredibles sounds good to me. But honestly, I guess as long as mgm is getting a new ride, and some love, and not a recycled show or something, I shouldnt really be complaining.

Enigma

Account Suspended
I honestly dont get why do another Monsters inc attraction. I guess its better than nemo, but still, what about the incredibles, ratouliee. Monsters as well as most pixar films, is a great movie, but they already have the beyond crappy show at the MK, why not utilize a pixar film that has absolutely no attraction, like anywhere. Incredibles sounds good to me. But honestly, I guess as long as mgm is getting a new ride, and some love, and not a recycled show or something, I shouldnt really be complaining.

You kinda answered your own question. Pixar (and probably most of Disney) realize that MILF isn't a good show and so they are going to create a proper Monsters Inc. ride that will be built to last. MILF is just a cheap gimmicky replacement for circlevision and I really can't see it lasting for more than 10 years.

jt04

With all due respect, anyone can write anything in a chat room. I always look for news from an established news organization (Orlando Sentiel etc) or web site. That way there is at least a name (and usually a hard earned reputation) associated with the rumor or news. So unless micechat has a Lee or Marni or Jedimaster I would take this rumor with a grain of salt.

(although you are right in that MI is the likely candidate IMO-----(grain of salt)

the-reason14

You kinda answered your own question. Pixar (and probably most of Disney) realize that MILF isn't a good show and so they are going to create a proper Monsters Inc. ride that will be built to last. MILF is just a cheap gimmicky replacement for circlevision and I really can't see it lasting for more than 10 years.

Well then why wont they just realize that the show is crap which it is, and that it was a mistake and try to make a tight immersive incredibles ride? They already have monsters represented, its like the incredibles is the only pixar film that doesnt have anything. I mean, mgm getting another ride is good regardless of theme, I shouldnt be complaining. But I guess I would like to see an incredibles ride more than any other pixar film. I feel that can be a great ride. Maybe this Monsters ride, wont be as immersive and spectacular as an incredibles ride, maybe they are saving up for something more than just a family coaster.

Enigma

Account Suspended
The guy who posted on Micechat, WDW1974, is probably the most reliable source for disney news on the net.

Well then why wont they just realize that the show is crap which it is, and that it was a mistake and try to make a tight immersive incredibles ride? They already have monsters represented, its like the incredibles is the only pixar film that doesnt have anything. I mean, mgm getting another ride is good regardless of theme, I shouldnt be complaining. But I guess I would like to see an incredibles ride more than any other pixar film. I feel that can be a great ride. Maybe this Monsters ride, wont be as immersive and spectacular as an incredibles ride, maybe they are saving up for something more than just a family coaster.

Tony Baxter was developing an Incredibles e-ticket for the parks that would have used robotic arm technology but Disney under Eisner and his slow moving strategic planners didn't strike while the iron was hot and Universal Studios snatched the exclusive rights to the robot arm tech and are going to use it in there harry potter e-ticket.

Yankeeplex

The Incredibles would be a no brainer. It had a lot of action to work with, a lot of speed, and plenty of noise to make an all immersive type of ride. Include a story line and put it with a screamer of a roller coaster at the end and you have money!!

MousDad

The guy who posted on Micechat, WDW1974, is probably the most reliable source for disney news on the net.

That's funny. He just posted here (and on LP simultaneously) that all future projects at WDI are now up in the air because of the gloom and doom economy. I'm assuming the micechat person is one and the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom