Five Year Plan

RSoxNo1

Nope. Night Kingdom is over near the Savanna of Animal Kingdom. Pleasure Island will be replaced by expanded venues as a newly annexed section of Downtown Disney.

Is that info based off Jim Hill's reports, or reports from another source confirming Night Kingdom?

jedimaster1227

Is that info based off Jim Hill's reports, or reports from another source confirming Night Kingdom?

That information comes from several of my sources, none of which include Jim Hill's reports. His articles only confirmed what I've been hearing for quite some time regarding the boutique park.

jt04

That information comes from several of my sources, none of which include Jim Hill's reports. His articles only confirmed what I've been hearing for quite some time regarding the boutique park.

Just wondering if you have heard anything about the LM ride having it's own street that runs towards Toontown. Does this rumor have any credibility? (I thought of posting this in the LM thread but it seems more of a "5 year plan" type question) Thanks for all the great information.

Brian Noble

I'm liking the "Lot's of love for DHS"....They are missing something but I can't quite place my finger on it.
Slightly off topic, but I completely agree with this. I've only been visiting for the past 4 years or so, but this park has never really fully "clicked" with me. The streetmosphere Citizens are a big part of why I like this park, and I like many of the individual attractions, but the whole is simply the sum of its parts, and not something bigger as the other three manage to be.

I'm guessing that this is because the real lifeblood of the park was the fact that it was really a studio, and now it isn't. Perhaps someone who goes back father with the park can comment.

Pete C

JTTCOTE would be a great addition to AK...which would then have 3 signature park icons if the TDS version is any indicator of how ours would look. However, the ride as it stands is not thrilling enough to be installed as-is at WDW. I have been on this ride, and while the theming is totally out of this world...the best I have ever seen on any ride in fact, the ending comes to a close right when it gets started.

When the ride accelerates, you burst out of the mountain into a drop that exceeds the thrill factor of most Disney rides, however that is it. It does a few slow turns back into the mountain and you are left feeling a little underwhelmed. It would need to have a lot more thrills added to the end to have people not complaining that the ride is too short or not thrilling enough.

However, the implementation of the TT ride system is really impressive. It's much smoother, and the acceleration is better than TT.

bugsbunny

:Other than the humongous new DVC tower next to the Comtemp that Disney says doesn't officially exist, I'm not holding my breath for any of this. Even if 25% of it ever sees the light of day, I'll be elated. But I've seen enough projects can run amuck and cancelled because of misguided planning and things that are simply uncontrollable, like the economy. If things keep going the way they are or worse, its going to be real hard for Disney to recoup their investments if airline tickets are $300 a seat and gas is $4 plus a gallon.

One of my goals was to by a Silverado 2500HD and a 5th wheel trailer and my first vacation was going to be at Fort Wilderness. But now that diesel is creeping up to $5/gallon, I'm seriously doubting I want to spend $500 just for fuel every time I want to drive to WDW.

Things like this can definitely effect whatever plans Disney has and I got to imagine they take this into any long term plans they lay out. Remember, a five year plan is a goal to shoot for, not exactly what you will be doing.

jedimaster1227

So Marni, Lee, is anyone gunna give us atleast a hint of what's to come at Test Track? :shrug:

Please? :veryconfu

A test of several systems, effects and or scenes that will be installed in Radiator Springs Racers. These tests will be done without alternate theme, fitting into the existing Test Track story with little to no alterations to the experience being made other than on the visual level.

What will come after Radiator Springs Racers is completed? Lets just say that Test Track will receive a strong update. I'm not saying anything yet regarding theme or any other potential changes...

basas

JTTCOTE would be a great addition to AK...which would then have 3 signature park icons if the TDS version is any indicator of how ours would look. However, the ride as it stands is not thrilling enough to be installed as-is at WDW. I have been on this ride, and while the theming is totally out of this world...the best I have ever seen on any ride in fact, the ending comes to a close right when it gets started.

When the ride accelerates, you burst out of the mountain into a drop that exceeds the thrill factor of most Disney rides, however that is it. It does a few slow turns back into the mountain and you are left feeling a little underwhelmed. It would need to have a lot more thrills added to the end to have people not complaining that the ride is too short or not thrilling enough.

However, the implementation of the TT ride system is really impressive. It's much smoother, and the acceleration is better than TT.

I agree...I would love to see an updated JTTCOTE at WDW. If we get a choice of TDS additions, I would much rather have an updated JTTCOTE or Indiana Jones Adventure (though not a copy of the DL or TDS one...something new) than the rumored Raging Spirits a few months ago at MK.

darthjohnny

How would Journey to the Center of the Earth fit in Animal Kingdom? I know there is a rock monster, but would you really consider that an animal?

EPCOT Explorer

A test of several systems, effects and or scenes that will be installed in Radiator Springs Racers. These tests will be done without alternate theme, fitting into the existing Test Track story with little to no alterations to the experience being made other than on the visual level.

What will come after Radiator Springs Racers is completed? Lets just say that Test Track will receive a strong update. I'm not saying anything yet regarding theme or any other potential changes...

Whew...Thanks for putting my mind at rest Adam.I couldn't bear another FW pavilion(even in it is TT) going over to the Pixar side.:eek:

SSE

Do you know when this update will be happening. I work seasonally at Test Track and this would affect when I go down to work. I'm glad to hear it will be getting an update it is really in need of it, I just don't want it to happen to soon and then me be out of a job there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom