Fantasyland rehab/updated approved!

One would hope that if the project is built and becomes a success Rasulo will be shown the door for his lack of initiative and short term planning on the parks (among other things).

The Asian Resort and Western River Expedition are more examples of officially announced projects that were cancelled at the last minute. In the case of Asian Resort, land was cleared, blueprints and models were made, a street paved and named after the project, it was hyped on the monorail spiel, but the energy crisis happened and it was decided not to built it at all.

I can recall listening to the AA owl (outside Walt Disney Story) as a boy telling me to come back and visit him at The Western River Expedition. Still waiting for that day...

Skyway

Someone mentioned that the new FL might resemble some Dorothea Redmond drawings. Anyone have a link to some pics?

I'm curious to see what "look" they go for. As much as everyone talks about Disneyland's FL, I'm sure that European Village will not be used, if only because it would too closely resemble World Showcase (which was designed at the same time as DL's new FL)

My mind is racing with what an Enchanted Forest look might be. I'm envisioning a "Critter Country" merged with a "Pixie Hollow". I could easily imagine such a look encompassing Snow White, Pooh, and (with lots of lush landscaping and a more muted paintjob) Mickey and Minnie's house.

It will be interesting to see how they would theme the Mermaid building to fit in.

Assuming that the brand-new IASW facade is staying, I'm guessing they'll keep the "tents" on that side of Fantasyland, which would fit the rumor that Dumbo might be relocated.

I also can't help but to think that a "mystical forest" look is intentionally aimed at competing with a similarly-themed Harry Potter. Not so much to draw HP fans to MK, but rather, so Disney has something fresh and completely new to display in photo travel guides and such next to all the Universal ads.

EPCOT Explorer

Someone mentioned that the new FL might resemble some Dorothea Redmond drawings. Anyone have a link to some pics?

I'm curious to see what "look" they go for. As much as everyone talks about Disneyland's FL, I'm sure that European Village will not be used, if only because it would too closely resemble World Showcase (which was designed at the same time as DL's new FL)

My mind is racing with what an Enchanted Forest look might be. I'm envisioning a "Critter Country" merged with a "Pixie Hollow". I could easily imagine such a look encompassing Snow White, Pooh, and (with lots of lush landscaping and a more muted paintjob) Mickey and Minnie's house.

It will be interesting to see how they would theme the Mermaid building to fit in.

Assuming that the brand-new IASW facade is staying, I'm guessing they'll keep the "tents" on that side of Fantasyland, which would fit the rumor that Dumbo might be relocated.

I also can't help but to think that a "mystical forest" look is intentionally aimed at competing with a similarly-themed Harry Potter. Not so much to draw HP fans to MK, but rather, so Disney has something fresh and completely new to display in photo travel guides and such next to all the Universal ads.

I'm thinking DLP's almost. Hopefully very lush.

Captain Chaos

I don't think so. I like MK, but it isn't the reason I go to WDW. :shrug:

MK isn't the only reason I go to WDW either... I enjoy all 4 parks as well as other activites offered on property...

DHS is now my least favorite of the 4 parks, but I still like and enjoy it... Epcot is right there, very close, if not ahead of MK... Animal Kingdom is right there too..

crlachepinochet

I was able to look up the drawings in my very cool Art of the WDW Resort, and they look very similar to DL's FL and the Germany courtyard. It looks great, and I'd be thrilled if our FL looked like these drawings, but we've seen it before. I'd like to see them try something different to really give MK a unique land.

WDW1974

Yep...me.:wave:
MK...Studios...AK....love 'em all.
I'm the one who rarely goes to Epcot. Usually just to eat, ride Soarin', and check to see if there is anything new at the end of SSE.:shrug:

Yep ... that's why I'm not at all sure that Lee is all there!:)
Last Thursday night was spent at EPCOT and during EMH the place was deserted ... I felt like I owned the world. Just a beautiful place to be after the weather cleared up and the people cleared out (so they could be up for Chef Mickey's at 6 a.m.!)

Sadly, because of weather/park hours/family/friends I wound up spending far more time in MK than any other park ... EPCOT and SW were pretty even for second (Manta rocks and its queue area is Disney quality and then some).

Barely spent anytime in DAK (my second favorite WDW park) or Studios.

Had no reason or desire to go back to Uni ... yet!

WDW1974

Put it this way, I don't visit WDW for the MK or Studios. :animwink:

You aren't the only one.

Although I did love my rides (usually late) on Mansion, Pirates, BTMRR, Pan, Small World, Buzz etc ... only thing I had to see early in the day was HoP.

My one MK 'regret' was not getting a ride on the RR, which closes way too early.

But I do get that an MK-style park is meat of 90% -plus of why people visit a Disney resort ... and I guess it really should be that way.

tirian

You aren't the only one.

Although I did love my rides (usually late) on Mansion, Pirates, BTMRR, Pan, Small World, Buzz etc ... only thing I had to see early in the day was HoP.

My one MK 'regret' was not getting a ride on the RR, which closes way too early.

But I do get that an MK-style park is meat of 90% -plus of why people visit a Disney resort ... and I guess it really should be that way.

'Cos it's PIXIE DUST and MAGIC!!!!!!!! *insert fairy emoticons here*

tirian

Off-topic: 74, did you notice all the "unnecessary" (i.e. completely necessary) refurbs at Epcot? Aren't they nice and very old-school?

MUTZIE77

MK is the the biggest reason I go to the world. I usually spend a total of two days there. One full day and then I go back when I get done early at other the other parks.

Daneault

Walt Disney management: Pushing the words "only temporary" to the limits!

uhuh.
B6F4e.jpg

PhilharMagician

Good news to hear. I hope this happens and thet corner of MK finally gets what it was supposed to have done 10 years ago. This may be the final and well deserved goodbye to Mickey's birthday land!:wave:

GothMickey

Dunno. I've gotten my tid bits from someone who would know, and someone I doubt most of them would know. But the Jungle was definitely talking about it yesterday.

Speaking of, any word on the Jungle Cruise refurb? Still planned? Budget cut? Elements cut? No longer happening?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom