Fantasyland rehab/updated approved!

The Conundrum

No, this is the WDW rumor forum and they emphasize DL over there at mc.

By the way, just have to point this out. Does anyone really think that the fact that Carsland just broke ground happened at essentially the same time as the Fantasyland rumors became "confirmed" is by chance? The ground breaking was a milestone for the DCA expansion project, and for some developers at WDI, WDW is next. I did think it might be MI, but it appears now FL is the priority......for now.

As I've been saying all along. Epcot Explorer can confirm it. Unless he decides to play dumb. :lol:

way to jump to conclusions there buddy

Mickey does present the biggest issue in my mind. He is just far too popular to be done away with. The Barnstormer could stay but not remain the Barnstormer. It's a Vekoma Junior Coaster with customized cars. The surroundings and cars could be changed.

Any reason Mickey couldn't be in fantasyland? Philharmagic is...:shrug:

jt04

I heard BatB was scrapped too, but who knows what will actually happen. :shrug:

I don't find the BatB ride too interesting myself. Not sure what new ground they can break in terms of technology or story telling. The LM ride is more interesting to me because of the underwater aspect. And the mine train is cool because FL doesn't have anything like it. And it fits the EF theme quite well. Can't wait for the concept art and models.

Lee

Adventurer
Tirian, I believe, was the first who pointed out that this is something likely to happen not because of folks like ... Al 'White Bread' Weiss..
Al Weiss?
White Bread?
Can't imagine what you mean.....:lol:

Attachments

• AlWeisstt.JPG
    AlWeisstt.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 75

CBOMB

Its a pic of Shigeru Miyamoto. He showed it during a press conferance. But I still don't see what the avatar has to do with me commenting on rumors?

and WDW1974, if you are now confirming this overhaul is coming doesn't this contradict what Leemac said just a few weeks ago about how this project was in the early bluesky phase and had a way to go before getting approved? Was leemac lieng or has his information not as good ever since Fitzgerald lost power?
I think lying is much to harsh of a thing to accuse Lee MacDonald of. Remember any insider can only tell you what they know at that particular moment in time.

As best I recall LeeMac said there were a lot of things on the table, but as of that moment MK had nothing approved for their 5 year plan. Later on he said that there was a meeting scheduled the next week, and things could change.

krankenstein

I don't find the BatB ride too interesting myself. Not sure what new ground they can break in terms of technology or story telling. The LM ride is more interesting to me because of the underwater aspect. And the mine train is cool because FL doesn't have anything like it. And it fits the EF theme quite well. Can't wait for the concept art and models.

I'm just hoping the mine train isn't just a re theme of the Barnstormer.

CBOMB

Yes mice chat is the last place you want to get WDW rumors.
Not attacking another WDW forum again or we jt04. I thought we didn't do that sort of thing over here. Who's next, Deb Willis?

By the way, I think Kevin Yee does a pretty nice job covering WDW over at MC.

WDWGoof07

I heard BatB was scrapped too, but who knows what will actually happen. :shrug:

Mice Chat isn't the only place I've heard that though. Our sources contradict what MC is saying about Toontown.

This plan sounds awesome! Here's hoping it gets the full fledged treatment. *knocks on wood*

(And props JT: you were right)

SWatsi

If you want to keep someplace for Mickey or Mickey's House, and trash Toon Town for an extended Fantasyland or Enchanted Forest. How about a house themed towards the Mickey fairytale shorts (Prince and the Pauper, Mickey and the Beanstalk, Three Musketeers).
I guess that might have to be a whole new house. But if its that popular, and Toon Town goes?? At least it'd be different to Disneylands Toon Town?

jt04

Not attacking another WDW forum again or we jt04. I thought we didn't do that sort of thing over here. Who's next, Deb Willis?

By the way, I think Kevin Yee does a pretty nice job covering WDW over at MC.

Oh yeah, "Mr. Fair and Balanced". Everyone here knows miceage/micechat likes to take cheap shots at WDW. Kevin Yee posts here sometimes. He's Al Lutz Jr. most of the time in that respect. Sometimes he does a good job.

jt04

Mice Chat isn't the only place I've heard that though. Our sources contradict what MC is saying about Toontown.

This plan sounds awesome! Here's hoping it gets the full fledged treatment. *knocks on wood*

(And props JT: you were right)

Thank you. If one person noticed I'm happy. Gotta go. :)

krankenstein

If you want to keep someplace for Mickey or Mickey's House, and trash Toon Town for an extended Fantasyland or Enchanted Forest. How about a house themed towards the Mickey fairytale shorts (Prince and the Pauper, Mickey and the Beanstalk, Three Musketeers).
I guess that might have to be a whole new house. But if its that popular, and Toon Town goes?? At least it'd be different to Disneylands Toon Town?

Why not stick him on MS where he was before Toon Town? :shrug:

CBOMB

Oh yeah, "Mr. Fair and Balanced". Everyone here knows miceage/micechat likes to take cheap shots at WDW. Kevin Yee posts here sometimes. He's Al Lutz Jr. most of the time in that respect. Sometimes he does a good job.
Well someone has to be a counter balance for you jt04! :D

wickedfan07

Perhaps the removal of Toontown will lead to a more movie-influenced toontown being built at DHS. I could see a roger Rabbit-inspired toontown being built somewhere around the Animation Courtyard. Fuse the Toon Studio idea of WDSP into our Toontown and it could make for an interesting "Fantasyland" area for DHS. There is a lot more potential for toontown in DHS than at MK at thispoint, especially in terms of space available.

EPCOT Explorer

Quite a day to be away from a computer!

We've got a TON of good news in here...I'm thrilled. Perhaps we are starting to see a bit of Magic come back to WDW.:D

I agree wholeheartedly, and I'd love to see new versions of the Swan Boats; but I still don't know how many Guests would want to ride in a circle around the castle moat.

Then again, add an impressive AA dragon beneath the castle, and a few JC-style wild animals on the banks near the treehouse, and you've got a ride.
Heh! That would be interesting, and a whole new take on a Castle Tour. I would hope it's possible.
Walt put a giant Christmas star on top the Matterhorn.
I've heard of that, but never seen pics...Do you have any? This intrigues me..:lol: Walt putting a temporary structure on a Icon is too Wandish for me.:lol:

Some quick thoughts as I munch on a caramel apple that returned tonight from WDW with me!

First, the rumors are true and I would HOPEFULLY expect to FINALLY see some action on the Fantasyland redo that would eat up and retheme the mess known as TTF as well.

Tirian, I believe, was the first who pointed out that this is something likely to happen not because of folks like Inoverherheadmeg, Al 'White Bread' Weiss, Erin 'My daddy built WDW' Wallace or Phil 'I need to be closer to my Escalade' Holmes ... but in spite of them.

Guests are quite a bit (I heard some) because MK simplye doesn't have enough capacity, has too many dead zones, lousy entertaiment ... and god forbid (Steve will tell ya about this) if you have to actually close a major attraction like Space Mountain for an actual rehab what happens (the answer is 20-minute 1 a.m. waits for BTMRR during EMH!)

The capacity issue has finally reached a head just as DCA's major work gets under way, HKDL's got approved and Shanghai is about to be announced (oh, and there are major additions coming to Tokyo and Paris as well, some announced already, some not).

Meanwhile, WDW stagnates. And MK worst of all (and I spent a very large portion of the past 11 days there since the other parks have such early closings, so I saw first-hand during a very, very, very slow summer just how overwhelmed MK can get).

Eric Jacobson (who should again be commended for leading a great redo of HoP) originally projected this at a cost of close to three quarters of a billion dollars, but that was whittled down to the more 'reasonable' half a billion number.

My strong guess is that you'll see that come down even further.

But Mermaid should come (hey, they can save money by doing Shanghai's at the same time with DCA's already on the way) and you can likely look for 2-3 other moderate (can't say major, even though some folks at WDI feel otherwise) attractions as well as a thorough updating of the awful F-Land 'look' of today.

Because of who is behind this, I just don't see how it doesn't happen at this point. The questions are the scope ... do they spend $500 million or do they just do Mermaid and some facade work and say screw the rest? Or do they budget $400mil?

But please all you TDO apologists, don't think for a second this is the work of WDW's exec 'leadership' team because that group would have trouble leading you to survival from Tom Sawyer Island (and that's if they actually knew what and where said island was/is).

Anyway, I do feel there can be some reason for excitement because it isn't an if anymore, it's a 'how much?' and a 'when?'

And you better believe that little wizard Potter IS a factor, but not the biggest anymore ... not when MK simply doesn't have enough to do ... not when if they leave it as is by 2014 it could truly be the sixth-best MK on the planet.

Anyway, off to recover from all the magic ... will be back later in day/week with more indepth thoughts ... and some more management bashing (very well earned) for the monorail fiasco. Not enough pixie dust in all of WDW to solve that one!
Good to hear of it...Hope you had a nice trip!:wave:
Who is a good Imagineer.

And I did some snooping today. Seems to be time to get excited. The cast certainly is starting to.:)
Very good. How did they get the info?

Don't forget some work on Toon Town - that is VERY much needed aswell.

:D VERY, VERY good. TT has had it's day...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom