Fantasyland rehab/updated approved!

SirGoofy

Speaking of, any word on the Jungle Cruise refurb? Still planned? Budget cut? Elements cut? No longer happening?

Haven't heard anything about it in almost a year. I know it went into the deep freeze, and other than that I don't know its status.

On the positive side the Jungle is still in great shape. We got our third native drummer back recently, and most of the hippos have returned to the hippo pool.

EPCOT Explorer

uhuh.
B6F4e.jpg
Oy!:brick::ROFLOL:
Dunno. I've gotten my tid bits from someone who would know, and someone I doubt most of them would know. But the Jungle was definitely talking about it yesterday.

Interesting. Unless they are all members here....:lol:

This is the only place I've heard (publicly) about the FL Project. Don't know if that's to be expected or not.:lookaroun

mickey2008.1

Would be nice to see an updated fantasy land, but it's fine by me because its always been that style. Except for toon town, which i have never been to because i thought it was just for kids. but iwll find out this september when i take my little ones. About the jungle cruise, to me, its always been a favorite, although goofy, its still fun, evenas i get older. I also read some quotes on the parks in here, i also agree that mk is no longer the reason i go down, but with kids this year, it might change.

Computer Magic

Would be nice to see an updated fantasy land, but it's fine by me because its always been that style. Except for toon town, which i have never been to because i thought it was just for kids. but iwll find out this september when i take my little ones. About the jungle cruise, to me, its always been a favorite, although goofy, its still fun, evenas i get older. I also read some quotes on the parks in here, i also agree that mk is no longer the reason i go down, but with kids this year, it might change.
I really agree with this post. I like FL because it is what I know as a child. Toon Town I can do without. I only travel there to see Mickey.

EPCOTPluto

:eek: Imagine That! Then there would be no "Wand" threads! There would only be "Wand/Hat" threads - o wait. :lookaroun

I always wished for Toontown to be more about a town and a C-Ticket attraction, rather than a Fair theme. I would like an extended Fantasyland, but not exactly paving over the only best location for meeting Mickey and the gang at MK.

At least there are no Mickey ears over SSE, thank your lucky stars for that! :lookaroun

kcnole

Some of my friends go on Micechat. They say the same about this site... what a cute Disney fanboard rivalry we have developing...

Mice Chat isn't the only place I've heard that though. Our sources contradict what MC is saying about Toontown.

Micechat hasn't officially said anything about this. I posted over there what was posted over here and some people chimed in. One person said that toontown was staying and several people claimed to have heard different. I don't know where the idea came that the site was saying differently. Al Lutz hasn't said a word about this yet.

As to which site has the best info on WDW. A few years ago that answer was Micechat. There were a ton of knowledgable posters over there with inside connections. Over time though they all kind of just disappeared. Now the only place I look for most WDW info is here. It seems to be a cycle between these two boards.

EPCOTPluto

^ In reality, there isn't any true website that can officially say they can confirm something like this quite some time before something major happens that is unannounced by Disney. Every knowledgeable WDW site always will have some wishful thinking.

Most of the time, it's here. Although with some informative news as well.

:lol:

Al Lutz hasn't said a word about this yet.

Actually, he first mentioned it back in April.

"A big budget proposal fighting its way through the approval process in Orlando involves not only adding a clone of DCA's Little Mermaid E Ticket to the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland, but also upgrading the rest of the Fantasyland attractions with an updated look and new technology." -- Al Lutz, 4/21/09
http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al042109a.htm

WDW Monorail

You aren't the only one.

Although I did love my rides (usually late) on Mansion, Pirates, BTMRR, Pan, Small World, Buzz etc ... only thing I had to see early in the day was HoP.

My one MK 'regret' was not getting a ride on the RR, which closes way too early.

But I do get that an MK-style park is meat of 90% -plus of why people visit a Disney resort ... and I guess it really should be that way.

MK style parks just don't appeal to me. The only other Disney parks that I may visit if I had the chance are DCA and TDS. The only park I visited on my trip in June was EPCOT. There is a good chance I will be in Florida again in August and if I have time I will visit EPCOT again and maybe AK if there is extra time.
I don't like the theme of Studios. The attractions are fine, I believe but I have no real desire to go there. The only desire I have to go the MK is to see Spectro and Wishes again. It was the park where I spent most of my time on past trips but now EPCOT has that spot.
I was not a fan of EPCOT years ago, just like I am not a fan of MK right now. But EPCOT has changed for the better to me, that is why I enjoy it so much.
I agree that staying in the park late is a wonderful experiece. Late as in after the park has "closed".
I don't recall the RR closing too early but it is obviously for a good reason, as I'm sure you know.

kapeman

Disney is a business. A publicly traded one. What motivates you to add to say the Magic Kingdom when it year after year is the most popular park in the country and one of the most in the world. The park is a great success, guests are happy why change the formula? They have a great foundation with the park and its major e-tickets so thats why I believe we see mainly small c-ticket attractions getting added or changed like Monster Inc. Why sink 100s of millions of dollars into a new huge mountain attraction when the park is already the best in terms of money and attendance in the theme park world.

Isn't that the mindset that GM had for years?

Brian Noble

With two important differences. GM is still the world's #1 automaker by unit volume. But, they have been steadily losing market share, and were not profitable. Neither of those applies to the P&R segment.

EPCOTPluto

EPCOT Explorer: "What do you mean?"

It's just an assumption of mine. I meant that I felt the castle wall isn't as necessary as I believe it's meant to be.
It themes well, but the budget for it could go more elsewhere. To say it rather nicely. :)

EPCOT Explorer

It seems the most superfluous and would be an easy way to save green without losing an "attraction".

EPCOT Explorer: "What do you mean?"

It's just an assumption of mine. I meant that I felt the castle wall isn't as necessary as I believe it's meant to be.
It themes well, but the budget for it could go more elsewhere. To say it rather nicely. :)

Ahhh....I'm wondering if it will be an extension of the castle so as you can go inside.:shrug:

Jasonflz

For anyone who doesn't care much about our castle, be thankful. I have a King Richards park nearby and the castle theming there is awful.:hurl:

contact_us.jpg

It would be nice to see a walkthrough attraction like DL but I will still hold out for getting a better Fantasyland instead.

EPCOT Explorer

Hmm...if you mean to go up the castle, never thought of that perspective.

Of course, if you mean an extension that'll give Guests shelter from rain and into that walkway...:lol:

Tokyo just made a walk through, and so did DL. Would be nice for our Castle to grow a bit.:D

And that too.:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom