Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

ryanduggers

One of the biggest complaints about that part of Fantasyland is how tight it is and hard it is to manuever in front of ISAW.

The real answer is to move the stroller parking lot.

Maybe "Phase 3" should be a stroller parking garage somewhere in the back of Fland.

They could even have valet service, for a fee, of course.

:ROFLOL:

_Scar

That's in the restaurant concept art.:wave:

WRONG

eqrnzs.jpg

I knew I saw it, so I went back to the video and indeed Lumiere is present in the show- looks like an AA to me.

:wave:

WDW1974

Do I state yet again that you can't go by concept art?

This will be a restaurant facility ... albeit one with interactive entertainment.

NiarrNDisney

Sounds like great news, I think 'its a small world' could benefit from a major uprooting. There is something more spectacular about the building in DL than ours in WDW which seems hidden in that little bottleneck corridor. My question is were exactly will they find the room to move IASW, it is a large attraction and the new FL already seems to be eating up most of the surrounding areas. Lets just hope they don't mark something off the to do list or another attraction bites the dust for the move of IASW.

FigmentJedi

If I may channel the Dr Smoov version of Optimus Prime, that's the stupidest Disney park rumor I've ever heard. I mean, there's been some dumb stuff posted around, but moving Small World really takes the cake.

I would like to see an Alice addition to the expansion though.

cdunbar

Small-World-Exterior-web.jpg

smallworld.jpg

The ride is almost the same besides the exterior, 1 minute longer and they slapped a few classic DIsney chracters into it.
I think that last picture is from like 1960....:lol:
I love the look of the IASW at DL!!! But lets be honest...this is Florida...land of the Amazing Instant Down-pour Rains... it would be horrible for the guests on those given days... not to mention during the super hot summer days that we have down here....

In my opinion: Bad idea to purposely move a queue that is for the most part indoors to being OUTDOORS in Florida!
Putting something outside in Florida=BAD IDEA
Exactly. This is why our Mad Tea Party has a roof over it and DL's doesn't. And our BTMRR loads insides whereas DL's doesn't. Same is true with their Winnie the Pooh and IASW.
I concur....:lol:
While we're at it... Let's just train REAL elephants to stand near the entrance and balance on giant balls... Monkeys to smoke cigars, and hire every person in the world under 30" tall to do M&G's at the exit!!!! YEAH! WOO!!!! Money is no object, and common sense be damned!!!!

:hammer::rolleyes:
Ya know I wouldn't mind living in that world at least for a few days...:lol:
Depends on how you define a "Phase 3".
Pixie Hollow has been bumped back, by default creating a "Phase 2".
The only way there will be a "Phase 3" will be if they postpone or cut any of the existing plan.
The stuff that got this thread started? Not a chance. The current expansion is all that is coming, it's just a matter of timing and how they decide to pace it.
No Alice? :eek:

So put a nice tarp on it. :lookaroun
We already have tarps why would we want more...:lookaroun

cdunbar

:rolleyes:

Seriously? Spinners? That's what you come back with? Spinners?

You are like talking to one of the 10th graders I teach. :dazzle:
Maybe it is one of your 10th graders...:lookaroun:lol:

Fairies could be interactive and "cleaning up" Sleeping Beauty's cottage. It looks VERY interesting. Plus the queue focusing on Maleficent could mean there will be a definite story.

Don't forget Storytime with Belle, that's a show.
When was that discussed? :veryconfu

Do I state yet again that you can't go by concept art?

This will be a restaurant facility ... albeit one with interactive entertainment.
If we aren't really going by the concept art, will we something Alice related?

_Scar

Mature.:rolleyes:

I looked at the pic as well before I posted. Must of missed him.

Still isn't anything to make it an attraction.

Hey, you called me wrong first... :lookaroun don't get all offended.

If adding an AA, extra props, and a new setting in the Beast's Library isn't enough then I don't think it will ever be an attraction to you

SirGoofy

That's in the restaurant concept art.:wave:

Hey, you called me wrong first... :lookaroun don't get all offended.

I seemed to have done it with much more...umm...respect.

If adding an AA, extra props, and a new setting in the Beast's Library isn't enough then I don't think it will ever be an attraction to you

Nope. Story time isn't an attraction to me. Never will be.:lol:

the-reason14

If I may channel the Dr Smoov version of Optimus Prime, that's the stupidest Disney park rumor I've ever heard. I mean, there's been some dumb stuff posted around, but moving Small World really takes the cake.

I would like to see an Alice addition to the expansion though.

I agree with you. I remember reading a similar rumor way back in the day, but it was before the big refurb in 2005. Why would they even try to "move" IASW after doing all the work to make the facade as close to the DL version as possible? I dont see it happening. But an Alice ride would be a welcomed addition imo. Still, DL's fantasyland will be better because it has actual rides and plenty, not just a big pretty scenic meeting greet with princesses and fairies.

And I disagree with IASW in Florida looking like an afterthought, to me it looks more like that at DL. You can tell it opened after the park did there because its in the back, in MK it "fits" because its in the flow and walkway; even if its the inferior fantasyland.

nemofinder22

I agree with you. I remember reading a similar rumor way back in the day, but it was before the big refurb in 2005. Why would they even try to "move" IASW after doing all the work to make the facade as close to the DL version as possible? I dont see it happening. But an Alice ride would be a welcomed addition imo. Still, DL's fantasyland will be better because it has actual rides and plenty, not just a big pretty scenic meeting greet with princesses and fairies.

And I disagree with IASW in Florida looking like an afterthought, to me it looks more like that at DL. You can tell it opened after the park did there because its in the back, in MK it "fits" because its in the flow and walkway; even if its the inferior fantasyland.

Agreed with everything! well maybe not the small world part as much:)

Princess Fantasy Faire was/still kinda is that(part in bold)

When it opened in 2006 it was a beyond gloried Princess meet and greet. It had a small food location(renamed from the Fantasyland Theater) arts and crafts, storytelling with a princess, and princess and knight training that was tied with the mini mini stage show, a merchandise area(dresses and hair braiding and face painting) and the Royal Walk(princess meet and greet)

Today Princess Fantasy Faire is sad sad shell of its former self only the Royal Walk. Some call it Princess Roulett as its random on which 3 princess you will meet Princess version of Minnie, Snow, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Ariel(Human version), Belle, and Tiana(Jasmine and Mulan have been relocated, Jasmine to Aladdin's Oassis and Mulan to Pacific Wharf with Mushu)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom