Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

DisneyParksFan1

Here's a pic taken over the FYL walls. Does anyone know where this is taken from?

http://.smugmug.com/Walt-Disney-World/Banks-Lee-21510-MK/11255276_Horyh#789483275_4Xuy4

EDIT: I know random..

Lee

Adventurer
Isn't that green building something like a place to plan out such a major project? :lookaroun
That shot was indeed from the Barnstormer.
The green building appears to be a portable trailer parked on that little road that runs behind the tents. Looks like a project office, although I don't think that will be the main office. WDI has also moved into some existing space back there in Toontown.

BTW, what's that white area on the left right above the blue roof?
That looks like something sitting on the dirt area behind Pooh.

DisneyParksFan1

That shot was indeed from the Barnstormer.
The green building appears to be a portable trailer parked on that little road that runs behind the tents. Looks like a project office, although I don't think that will be the main office. WDI has also moved into some existing space back there in Toontown.

That looks like something sitting on the dirt area behind Pooh.

About those offices... Does WDI actually have to move into these offices? Or do they simply have to move to that area? For example, let's say Chris Beatty and Jon Gorges and Eric Jacobson(Imagineers who are leading the whole expansion), lived in California, would they have to move to FL for the amount of time that they work on the project?

Lee

Adventurer
About those offices... Does WDI actually have to move into these offices? Or do they simply have to move to that area? For example, let's say Chris Beatty and Jon Gorges and Eric Jacobson(Imagineers who are leading the whole expansion), lived in California, would they have to move to FL for the amount of time that they work on the project?
So far as I know, the guys like that don't have to move there at all. They can do their job from their normal offices and let the on-site guys do the actual...um....on-site work.
Take Everest for example. As I recall it, Joe lived in Cali for the entire time it was built.

DisneyParksFan1

So far as I know, the guys like that don't have to move there at all. They can do their job from their normal offices and let the on-site guys do the actual...um....on-site work.
Take Everest for example. As I recall it, Joe lived in Cali for the entire time it was built.

Oh I see! Thanks for clearing that up.

jt04

My guess is they will be here as much a necessary to ensure any "lessons learned" from the installation of mermaid at DCA get communicated to the workers at WDW. And keep an eye on TDO's accoutants. :lol: For starters anyway.

Lee

Adventurer
I have a question. Would a simple dark ride like alice like the DL one be quick and cheap to build?
Yes, relatively so.
However, simple dark rides like that are not being built anymore. We have seen the last of the small, cheap dark rides. I'm glad.

The word "cheap" in Disney means 7 figures instead of 8. :lol:
Naturally. If there is a way to overspend, they often find it. (See: Pooh at DL):lol:

jmuboy

For phase 2 of the FYL expansion I think it would be cool if they actually added rides. I know that's a tall order for TDO these days.

Wilt Dasney

We have seen the last of the small, cheap dark rides. I'm glad.
Which part of that sentence have we seen the last of: "small and cheap" or "dark ride"? I'd hate to think that Disney has decided never to build another ride that just tells a story without a thrill aspect, even though I agree that some (not all) of the Fantasyland rides get old quick.

jt04

Rides? Haven't you heard? Everyone wants Meet and Gree-

I'm sorry, experiences, these days.:rolleyes:

It's true of the audience they are aiming for. But it seems most people will have to see it to believe it. "Rides" are needed in so many other places anyway. The FLE is pure genius. Watch and see cause it's happening no matter how many tantrums occur on-line.

This reminds of the complaining that occured before AIE went in. How many people said the series was fading and the show would close within a year if not months? A lot.

And how many people complained about TSMM and how people wouldn't be impressed by "screen technology" that was similar to what the could experience at home? A lot.

And how many people complain endlessly without having the guest surveys or the experience Imagineering has to dazzle guests with their magic? Too many to count.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom