Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

joe80x86

While I can't see them moving it and I think an outside version is just dumb. What would they do shut it down every summer afternoon for the obligatory rain storm?

I think it does need a major refurb. I know I will probably get flamed but it is just extremely cheesy especially after the last so called refurb. I mean come on you think they could lower the lights so you can't see the missing ceiling tiles or the water stains on others from roof leeks?

I think what it really needs is a lower ceiling and maybe walls that follow the track so you aren't moving from one giant square room to the next. Something along the line of the 3 caballeros ride in Epcot.

EPCOT Explorer

I don't feel like IASW at DL wrecks the FL theme, for the same reason I talked about earlier: It isn't part of the "welcome to storybook Europe" lineup you find behind the castle, where all the other dark rides are smooshed together. Similar to the Matterhorn, IASW imposes its own theme on its little corner of DL FL. I don't feel it's out of place at all, but part of the reason lies in its physical separateness.

The fact that the MK version is part of "the lineup" is probably an argument for giving it a more conformist exterior. It's still a great little ride, either way.
This makes total sense, seeing DL's IASW was added after the fact.

Doesn't make sense for the rest of the MK Parks...They all have the exterior.

I do wish they would do this hear, though...IASW Mini Land sounds nice.

But in this case it's not necessary as the theme would fit the backstory so well. These are timeless themes and stories so Disney can lock them into the backstory without worrying they will become obsolete. Phiharmagic could be themed to a music store as someone once suggested. They posted some amazing artwork (DLP concept) that would work perfectly. The entire "street" could be themed to a marketplace. I'm not sure what "storefront" could best fit PPF howver. I'll try to find the artwork of the music store and post it here.
Hey, if it works, it works. I'd love to see this artwork, though....It's a great idea.

TalkingHead

While I can't see them moving it and I think an outside version is just dumb. What would they do shut it down every summer afternoon for the obligatory rain storm?

I think it does need a major refurb. I know I will probably get flamed but it is just extremely cheesy especially after the last so called refurb. I mean come on you think they could lower the lights so you can't see the missing ceiling tiles or the water stains on others from roof leeks?

I think what it really needs is a lower ceiling and maybe walls that follow the track so you aren't moving from one giant square room to the next. Something along the line of the 3 caballeros ride in Epcot.

Couldn't agree more. The missing ceiling tiles in the first room are a total embarrassment. Pitiful, really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom