Fantasyland expasion phase III - move IASW????

tirian

Yes but that was you theory wasn't it. In DL something like this could happen with TDO it will not.

Preface: I'm not trying to point you out personally; I'm just using this as an example.

The idea that DL's management is a Walt-loving, quality-touting model of perfection is absolutely absurd. If the resort's watchdogs are to be believed, much of TDA barely sets foot in the parks (ignoring the common folk was fashionable during the Pressler era, and the concept still lingers). The only reason DL received massive refurbs for its 50th anniversary was that everything was literally falling apart. The resort has a unified, outspoken fanbase that doesn't gush when an attraction gets regular maintenance, and attacks TDA's missteps in the local press, effectively keeping management on its toes. DCA's upgrades are basically bringing it up to the level of a Disney park instead of a local Six Flags, and WDW's clones are ironically better than the DCA equivalents.

I'm not defending mediocrity or TDO, which deserves most of the criticism it receives. But no resort is perfect, and the Internet idea that everything is better at DL is a lie.

Figment632

Preface: I'm not trying to point you out personally; I'm just using this as an example.

The idea that DL's management is a Walt-loving, quality-touting model of perfection is absolutely absurd. If the resort's watchdogs are to be believed, much of TDA barely sets foot in the parks (ignoring the common folk was fashionable during the Pressler era, and the concept still lingers). The only reason DL received massive refurbs for its 50th anniversary was that everything was literally falling apart. The resort has a unified, outspoken fanbase that doesn't gush when an attraction gets regular maintenance, and attacks TDA's missteps in the local press, effectively keeping management on its toes. DCA's upgrades are basically bringing it up to the level of a Disney park instead of a local Six Flags, and WDW's clones are ironically better than the DCA equivalents.

I'm not defending mediocrity or TDO, which deserves most of the criticism it receives. But no resort is perfect, and the Internet idea that everything is better at DL is a lie.

I don't care why it happens TDA is just better than TDO.

SirGoofy

I wish WDW had an outspoken fanbase.:lol:

Wilt Dasney

I think this is a WDWMagic idea, actually (and possibly other WDW fansites).

I had to stop going to Micechat because that fanbase was a little too "outspoken" for my taste. You think we know how to gripe? We're rank amateurs compared to those DL people. You'd think DL was Six Flags over Anaheim to read some of the stuff over there. :lol:

tirian

I had to stop going to Micechat because that fanbase was a little too "outspoken" for my taste. You think we know how to gripe? We're rank amateurs compared to those DL people. You'd think DL was Six Flags over Anaheim to read some of the stuff over there. :lol:

That's exactly why I stopped checking their boards!

SirGoofy

That's exactly why I stopped checking their boards!

Oh, I agree. They're very, very fickle.

devoy1701

As much as I want INdy I would rather have an addition to WS!

Indy really isn't that great... imo

Did it once...couldn't believe so many people hyped it up compared to Dinosaur. I think you can actually see MORE on dinosaur than you can on Indy.

seriously you're only in the tomb room with the swaying bridge and the big ole face for like 15 seconds..and you're shaking so much you don't have time to appreciate the scene anyway. And its like they assume that since you've seen the Indy movies you don't need a narration or heavy storyline for that attraction.

I'll take Dinosaur...

Figment632

Indy really isn't that great... imo

Did it once...couldn't believe so many people hyped it up compared to Dinosaur. I think you can actually see MORE on dinosaur than you can on Indy.

seriously you're only in the tomb room with the swaying bridge and the big ole face for like 15 seconds..and you're shaking so much you don't have time to appreciate the scene anyway. And its like they assume that since you've seen the Indy movies you don't need a narration or heavy storyline for that attraction.

I'll take Dinosaur...

I completly disagree INdy is so far above anf beyond DINO imo.

imagineer boy

Agreed! :lol: And they seem to think that DL is the only good Disney park in existance.

"Eew, I hate WDW's castle because its way too big and ugly." :rolleyes:

SirGoofy

Finally we agree on something this week. :lol:

Queue to exit, I think Indy is one of the best overall Disney attractions on the continent. I just don't see how Dinosaur compares.

Yea. Dino has so much empty space compared to Indy.

Indy's got everything an attraction can ask for.

devoy1701

Indy is so rugged and dangerous that I lost cell phone reception in the queue! (The only place on property I was unreachable.) :eek:

maybe that was the experience i missed to make it top my list. :ROFLOL:

seriously thought, i was really disappointed with Indy after how much you all hyped it up on here!

Wilt Dasney

Indy's queue is so head and shoulders about HM's and ToT though, there's no competition.:shrug:
Hey now. HM I'll give you (the preshow and ride is where it's at there), but ToT's queue is pretty dang awesome. Especially when they get that mist workin' outside.

SirGoofy

Hey now. HM I'll give you (the preshow and ride is where it's at there), but ToT's queue is pretty dang awesome. Especially when they get that mist workin' outside.

Don't get me wrong, I like ToT's queue a lot, but more for the inside than the out. Indy's queue is much more complete, but that's just me.

Lee

Adventurer
Don't get me wrong, I like ToT's queue a lot, but more for the inside than the out. Indy's queue is much more complete, but that's just me.
Agreed.
ToT has a great queue...but Indy's queue is the greatest queue in all of recorded history. Everything from the little turn into the area by JC and the treehouse to the exit. Perfect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom