Expedition Everest effects status watch

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Lord oh lord. Really?

There are known strobe trigger issues that aren't yet resolved (3 strobes that don't always reset in time) which doesn't seem too difficult to do, but a projector too?

Bear in mind Horizons had a full Omnimax projector on permenant hire just sat on standby incase it was needed. How the mighty have fallen. I'll look into this current fiasco.

MKCP 1985

Yep. It's out. And has been heading that way for quite a while.

The projection of the yeti tearing up the tracks is gone? Why not just remove the whole yeti element the way things have worked out. That's really sad.

Someday, a guy will ask if anyone remembers Expedition: Everest back when there was a yeti that tore up the tracks and lunged at riders and people will ask if he's off his medications. . . everybody knows Everest is just a roller coaster with a broken track because, you know, it's cold up there and hard to get repairs done when rock slides occur and such.

Nemo14

The projection of the yeti tearing up the tracks is gone? Why not just remove the whole yeti element the way things have worked out. That's really sad.

Someday, a guy will ask if anyone remembers Expedition: Everest back when there was a yeti that tore up the tracks and lunged at riders and people will ask if he's off his medications. . .

Nah, they'll just think he's remembering when King Louie used to ride the Jungle Cruise boats.

Bairstow

Someday, a guy will ask if anyone remembers Expedition: Everest back when there was a yeti that tore up the tracks and lunged at riders and people will ask if he's off his medications. . . everybody knows Everest is just a roller coaster with a broken track because, you know, it's cold up there and hard to get repairs done when rock slides occur and such.

That seems unlikely simply because Disney can get better mileage out of their past investment by running footage of the ride when it was still in good shape on the Travel Channel and their promotional materials. Advertise it as a themed ride when it really isn't anymore, because why not? All most guests really ever wanted was a rollercoaster, so as long as they get to ride, they're happy, and Disney can still show off pictures and video that have already been taken of the animatronics to advertise it. Everyone wins!

Figments Friend

I have a friend from Singapore who's toured/visited around Everest many times and know a bunch of geologist types who tromp around the area around Everest from time to time and they all are in awe of the job done decorating all of Asia.

Yes, Asia is absolutely beautifully done. One of my favorite places to be when in DAK. The details in the buildings, stonework, Asian/Indian/Nepalenese artworks and carvings are totally convincing and authentic looking. The prayer flags and murtis are a glorious icing on that slice of cake.

Just wish the flagship attraction was working at full capacity though.
Having that wonderful wrapper all around it, it is dissapointing to see how the attraction is being left in the currant state.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Relax people. The B-mode projection is on its way.

How_to_Make_Shadow_Puppets.jpg

OFTeric

the current WDW management only understand money, and public humiliation that could lead to less money.

That is why I will NOT be renewing my Annual Pass. I want to believe that Mr. George will be our white knight and save us.

But right now he seems more like Curious George and no one can find him.

The Empress Lilly

Why not simply do away with the Yeti altogether?

Replace it with an elaborate backstory about broken tracks, a sherpa named 'Deepa' who forgot to oil the train's brakes because Nepal had made it's first international football goal againt Bhutan and his cousin's celebration festivities lasted 'till six in the morning and so the train slides backwards into a cave where two locals sell you plastic Yeti stuff if they are not sitting on the roof shooting toy arrows at a water tower. Or some such. Lord knows current WDI seems to mistake convoluted backstory for clever imagineering.

DVC4bestvacations

Everest was in awful shape when I rode last week. I really hope things get better soon!

I rode EE in January. The only issue I noticed is the yeti not functioning. To me the stand by que is more fun than the ride itself. There is lots to read and see in the que. The ride is just a Disneyfide no thrill rollercoater.

Why is this post still pined to the top of this forum?

Now if it was a thread on MR Toads Wild Ride that would be another story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom