Expedition Everest effects status watch

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I was selected to complete a survey as I was leaving the park about needed upgrades. I way happy to explain my displeasure to the lack of Yeti movement.
I'm always hoping to get "surveyed" about Animal Kingdom. I'm never lucky enough. It seems like I've been surveyed at DHS a dozen times though.

DizFiz

I had the chance to see Everest in its glory days 06 but my fear overtook my curiosity when I visited the park. Now, I'm stuck with seeing the Disco yeti when I ride but yet haven't seen the projector oops considering I've ridden it many times.

George

Liker of Things
The Imagineers actually made a big deal about correctly weathering them. They were made of nylon to last a good while, but nylon does not really weather like cotton or wool or any other natural fiber. If I am not mistaken they wound up putting them along with some rocks in clothes dryers to get the desired effect.

I have a friend from Singapore who's toured/visited around Everest many times and know a bunch of geologist types who tromp around the area around Everest from time to time and they all are in awe of the job done decorating all of Asia.

I can't imagine riding when the projection screws up. It seems to be the one effect you can rely on working.

DfromATX

Wow, a 62 page, 6 year old thread about the yetti... I had to check it out, lol. I too have seen "mechanical yetti," but only on my first trip in 2006. Since then, we have only seen "projection yetti." Glad to hear mechanical yetti is now working. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom