Expedition Everest effects status watch

janoimagine

I was told last week by an EE cast member that when Rhode does visit, they try to make sure everything is working as good as it possibly can. I asked him why they couldn't make it that way all the time and he gave me a lopsided smile and said; 'It's Disney.' :shrug:

Ariel484

We rode EE on Friday, November 27. We got there at opening and were in line when CMs told us that the ride had broken down. It opened about 20 minutes later. I'm not sure what specific effects (different steam, etc.) were working, but we saw some steam and waterfalls...we were stuck at the "broken track" area for about 2 minutes, which was making me nervous. The bird was working, the yeti was not at all.

We rode a second time using FPs...same story with the effects, but this time we were at the "broken track" area for only about 30 seconds before going backwards.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Last Wednesday Dec 2nd;

Some Steam at load
Front waterfall, no side waterfall
No cave or peak mist (a given sadly)
No bird on stick
Projection
B Mode

EpcotServo

Yesterday the Steam was off (Thank goodness, I told ya'll the Boiler shouldn't be releasing steam from itself. :lol: )

Yeti was in B-Show, Vulture wasn't on, but the new Broken Trestle misters on the left side were working.*

*A note too all Effects Status updaters, you HAVE to look back behind you if you see no mist at Broken Trestle, some times the wind doesn't push the mist in the right direction, as has been a problem with all the exterior Misters since opening. If you're in the back rows you'll see it though. Really just the front cars.

Also the ride was running the HORRIBLE Five Train butchery. Worst thing to happen too Everest, WAY more than the Yeti's problems.

EpcotServo

EpcotServo,

what do you mean by "HORRIBLE five train butchery"??

I mean: it makes me very mad, so I call it that, perhaps with lots of hyperbole.
:lol:

Basically Management went over the heads of the actual designers and commissioned money be spent about two years back too alter the ride system to cram FIVE trains on the line at one time. Now the ride's designed to run only four, and the fifth train is the spare to be switched out if another train needs to go back to the barn. Like I said, capacity-conscious Management don't so much care about safety or show, they just want higher numbers, so at great expense an engineering team created an alternate mode for the attraction to run.

Basically what it does is slow everything down. When they think it's crowded enough, they switch this mode on before the park opens and what happens is, Lift B, which is designed to work at a SET SPEED, had to be technically adjusted (Again, at great expense) to work slower. Then they have the Broken Trestle and Shadow of the Yeti Brake Zones wait a little longer too. What this means is that they can run FIVE trains instead of Four.

Now what they DON'T GET is that if there's ANY delay at Load or Unload, the ride cascades dramatically. Instead of it being a REMOTE chance you'll get stuck for longer at any of the Brake Zones, it's now a CERTAIN chance.

The show is compromised when, after seeing a fleeting shadow of the creature, there's a 30 second delay in the cold and windy show scene before you decide to make a fast paced descent.
:lol:

Even better, the OHRC isn't even increased by much with the profile anyways. And if one train needs to get cycled out, you're running four trains again WITH a slower profile, and the OHRC is SLOWER than NORMAL.

Another thing, the Show guidelines designed the attraction so you never see more than one train at a time after leaving Load. When it's running Five, nuts to that.

From a Safety AND show stand point, while normal people still enjoy it, people like me who've been there since before Day 1 just won't be comfortable with running more than the ride can handle, even if they adjusted it, you just can't adjust it enough to be certain for me.

fractal

thanks for the explanation.

What a shame. As I've posted here a few time, when I rode EE in May 2007 it was simply awesome.

I was dissapointed when I rode this last May. It seems the EE I remember from 2007 will never be again. :zipit:

Someone I know is currently in Disney World and they have confirmed that ALL effects are working on Everest.

This includes:
Yeti (Full A Mode)
Bird
BOTH Waterfalls
Steam at loading station
Mist on top of mountain

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Someone I know is currently in Disney World and they have confirmed that ALL effects are working on Everest.

This includes:
Yeti (Full A Mode)
Bird
BOTH Waterfalls
Steam at loading station
Mist on top of mountain

How reliable is this person? Is he/she familiar with all the details of how it should work? :)

She was there Sunday the 20th. She is a frequent visitor and knows all the specific details like "A" mode and "B" mode. I'll ask her for more details.

Alrite I just spoke with her and she said that her first time on the ride ALL the effects were fully working including the Yeti in "A" mode. The Yeti was in full motion and there wasn't a flashing strobe light. She then went on a second time and ALL the effects were fully working EXCEPT for the Yeti, the Yeti was in "B" mode with the flashing strobe light.

Probably. She said it was completely random. She rode it a couple times earlier in the day and it had the strobe light. She then went back later to ride it again and it was fully working. She then went on immediately after that and the Yeti was back to the strobe light mode. (B Mode)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom