Expedition Everest effects status watch

EpcotServo

what is the top speed of Everest? and or is it compromised now that there are more trains running.......

I think top speed is around 45-50 MPH. If they are running five trains it doesn't affect the speed, just the timing of the trains running around the circuit.

EpcotServo

Just realized that we'll be celebrating the 5TH ANNIVERSARY of the Forbidden Mountain Range...and the immortal EXPEDITION EVEREST coming up in January and lasting through April!

Oh, yeah. I'm psyched. Get ready for a heck of a thread.
:sohappy: :D

WDITrent

I would not say EE has minimal theming at all. I would say, however, that indoor theming could have been present if it got DisneySEA-level funding. But it seems like all the theming money went outside. I think what theming is in the ride, which is much, is extremely well done and believable. The only part that is disappointing to me is the helix. I would prefer that to be an extention of the mountain range. The backwards sequence could also use some caverns, but I'm glad the budget went mostly on the mountain and in the queue.

EpcotServo

I must have missed all the awesomeness while seeing broken effects.;)

Probably, seeing as how there's only effect that's broken that you can physically see from the ride, and that plays an alternate show. The only other thing is water and Mist. Everest has never been a Special Effects attraction. It's about Story, Theme, Experience, and thrill. As an Everest fan, I get more than anyone the anger. I'm ticked. However, it's idiotic to be so P*%%sy about ACRES OF AMAZING ATTRACTION just because they aren't working. (And last I checked, all were working save for Yeti-But that's a different monkey.)

It's like the hating Tower because half the effects in the Fifth Dimension don't work as intended and the spark machine is long gone.
:lol:

It`s a run of the mill coaster with minimal inride theming and broken effects. Awesome it is not.

Merry Christmas :D

With all due respect-

picture.php

With all due respect-

Anyone who can't appreciete that is on Closing-Adventurer's-Club-Level Crazy Pills.

(Oh, and the run-of-the-mill Coaster still hasn't been replicated anywhere in the world. Disney's using it for Hong Kong because it's the most realiable Coaster Disney has ever installed. And show worthy, it's without a doubt the best.)

EPCOT Explorer

A good friend of mine, who knows as much as this ride as Servo does, likes to call it Matterhorn on Steroids.:lookaroun:lol: What does THAT tell you?:lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think what theming is in the ride, which is much, is extremely well done and believable.
With all due respect- (picture) -
Yep. Great theming outside.Minimal theming inside the ride as I said. The exterior is very well themed. I wouldn`t call an empty interior space where you can see structural support beams and daylight creeping through themed. It was going well until the ice cavern budget was pulled.

SirGoofy

Probably, seeing as how there's only effect that's broken that you can physically see from the ride, and that plays an alternate show. The only other thing is water and Mist. Everest has never been a Special Effects attraction. It's about Story, Theme, Experience, and thrill. As an Everest fan, I get more than anyone the anger. I'm ticked. However, it's idiotic to be so P*%%sy about ACRES OF AMAZING ATTRACTION just because they aren't working. (And last I checked, all were working save for Yeti-But that's a different monkey.)

Sorry, the "ACRES OF AMAZING" end at the top of the lift hill. Past that it's a very mediocre Disney attraction at best. If the Yeti was working it'd be good.

It's like the hating Tower because half the effects in the Fifth Dimension don't work as intended and the spark machine is long gone.

No, no it's not like that at all, because Tower doesn't hinge itself on one scene.

Yep. Great theming outside.Minimal theming inside the ride as I said. The exterior is very well themed. I wouldn`t call an empty interior space where you can see structural support beams and daylight creeping through themed.

Bingo.

I don't call a barren interior "AMAZING".

EpcotServo

All the people who designed the ride?

All the people who built the ride?

All the people who run and maintain the ride?

Doesn't matter. Only Servo knows all!

And maybe Joe.

Of course not. I mean anyone Evan knows.

Yep. Great theming outside.Minimal theming inside the ride as I said. The exterior is very well themed. I wouldn`t call an empty interior space where you can see structural support beams and daylight creeping through themed. It was going well until the ice cavern budget was pulled.

Actually, the entire Backwards scene is entirely themed. I've seen it. It's all themed rockwork. I wish they'd have put some show lighting, I will say that, but take a flash picture and you'll see the entire curve is themed.

They've addressed the light issues since to best they could, but the daylight and track you're seeing is actually coming from Track Switch A. Go back a bit and take a look at the track pre-mountain. Find track switch A and note that at a certain point the outgoing curve is rapidly descending for the train to pick up speed to make the manuever, and at one point, the track is even NOT with the top of the track switch, but the bottom. The entire track switch is about 20 feet high, so when you're dropping the first part of the backwards part, you're not looking at some place else in the mountain, you're looking at where you just came from-The Track Switch. Why you can see that, is because it has to have cracks so the two ton piece can switch. That's how light is getting in. Now, you can only see this from the first car. Nowhere else. The ONLY time you could see it from cabs 2 or 3, was when they DIDN'T have curtains there. Now they do. However there's still about 10-15 feet falling backwards you're gonna' see some exposure if you're up front. It's like seeing the roof tiles going backwards on Spaceship Earth or on the Lift Hill on Big Thunder.

Like it or not, say it wasn't designed right, but I have to say this-Like you, I'm a slave to my knowledge.
;) :lol:

No, no it's not like that at all, because Tower doesn't hinge itself on one scene.

Oh, you're right.

It's not like there's a pivtol ending that relies on a gut wrenching free-fall. No, if that wasn't working and you just slowly descended to the bottom and unloaded, the ride would be virtually the same.
:lookaroun :brick:

I don't call a barren interior "AMAZING".

^Quoted for Wrongness.

Walk through the Show Scenes some time.

Forest Approch = Themed

Fortress/Into the Mountains = Themed

Broken Trestle= Themed

Backwards = Themed

Shadow of the Yeti = Themed

Descent = Themed

Yeti = Themed

Return = Themed

There isn't a single show scene in which there is nothing seperating you from machinery. Even the ones intended to be in the dark are built with rockwork.

Like I said, Take a Flash Picture. Anyone can prove it.

I have no problem with hating Everest.

I have every problem with people not just honestly instead of saying they were disaspointed, making up "facts" that are not correct. Even if they are all apperences are "facts", just say you didn't like it. We all win. It's a personal choice.

SirGoofy

Now, you can only see this from the first car. Nowhere else. The ONLY time you could see it from cabs 2 or 3, was when they DIDN'T have curtains there. Now they do. However there's still about 10-15 feet falling backwards you're gonna' see some exposure if you're up front. It's like seeing the roof tiles going backwards on Spaceship Earth or on the Lift Hill on Big Thunder.

You can definitely see it from other places than the front car, Servo.

Oh, you're right.

It's not like there's a pivtol ending that relies on a gut wrenching free-fall. No, if that wasn't working and you just slowly descended to the bottom and unloaded, the ride would be virtually the same.
:lookaroun :brick:

:rolleyes:

That's the ride system. If the ride can't drop, it wouldn't be open. Everest is a build up to the final yeti reveal, and in it's current state is an INCREDIBLY poor payoff.

Forest Approch = Themed

Fortress/Into the Mountains = Themed

Broken Trestle= Themed

I said until the top of the lift was themed great.

Backwards = Themed

No

Shadow of the Yeti = Themed

Sure, I guess. I find it to be pretty lame, but what ever you like

Descent = Themed

Not as well as Big Thunder, the pinical of Disney mountain theming.

Yeti = BROKEN

Obvious.

Like I said, Take a Flash Picture. Anyone can prove it.

Sorry, Servo. Seeing it through a flash picture doesn't equal Disney level theming.

EpcotServo

Sorry, Servo. Seeing it through a flash picture doesn't equal Disney level theming.

But saying it's not there is still WRONG though. "It Isn't Themed" is still wrong no many how times you say it or what you think about it.

Seriously, I've been on Everest from every seat, and over 800 times last I stopped counting-which was a long time ago. If there are imperfections, I GURANTEE YOU I've seen them and have complained about them.

The only difference is that the hyperbole that any of these things somehow make the ride bad is stupid.

I was there before Day 1.

The attraction I rode before Day 1 was great.

And Five Years afterwards, I'm alot more bitter about it, but it's still doing what it set out to do, and there's still loads to love about it.

I refuse to call Pleasure Island a Failure because it wasn't as good years later as it was on Day 1.
:zipit: :lol:

On a better note- Everest: Beyond the Limit is coming back to Discovery on Sunday. Can't wait. Great Show.

xtina72

December 1st-7th, 2009

Mist? No Mist

Yeti, you could juuuuuuust about see him, but he was pretty much in the dark....but don't blink because you will miss him, he wasn't moving either.

When the coaster was going backwards, once you got back into the building it was COMPLETELY pitch dark, is it suppose to be that way? This was my first time riding it....I wouldn't know the difference but I remember saying to myself...."damn this darkness goes on forever...how unimaginative"

Still an intense ride tho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom