Expedition Everest effects status watch

fractal

hmm... I wish they would just get fix him fixed permanently. Its been 3 years since I have seen him working correctly. I dont know how or whats really wrong I just wish it could be fixed.

It's like your new Ferrari running on 4 cylinders but you don't want to take it to the garage.

EpcotServo

Today the Steam was working great today from the show side, more Steam than I've seen in a long while. (Though The Boiler itself was emanating Steam...That was an immediate area evacuation when the ride opened...I'm gonna' hope for my minds sake that they've just made modifications since opening SOP, because it's more comforting than the idea they they don't know when the boiler might be dangerous anymore...I'll need to just trust that the not-as-cool-not-opening-crew knows this. :lol: )

The Vulture was working today too, that was great. Waterfall B not working, Waterfall A working, and Yeti on full on B-Show. The new Broken Trestle Mist wasn't working, and it looked to me like the mist box that started Peak Mist on April of last year looked to be gone.

SirGoofy

Today the Steam was working great today from the show side, more Steam than I've seen in a long while. (Though The Boiler itself was emanating Steam...That was an immediate area evacuation when the ride opened...I'm gonna' hope for my minds sake that they've just made modifications since opening SOP, because it's more comforting than the idea they they don't know when the boiler might be dangerous anymore...I'll need to just trust that the not-as-cool-not-opening-crew knows this. :lol: )

The Vulture was working today too, that was great. Waterfall B not working, Waterfall A working, and Yeti on full on B-Show. The new Broken Trestle Mist wasn't working, and it looked to me like the mist box that started Peak Mist on April of last year looked to be gone.

:eek:

The bird is back!? I figured he was gone for good.

ErikaL

CM insight

I have a friend who is currently a CM there, and as to the questions of why can't they just shut it down and fix him...? He recently went on a special tour of the ride where they walked the track, and they told him that in order to fix the Yeti's broken back they would actually have to cut the top of Everest off and lift him out - he's too big and the problem is too severe to be fixed while he's in there. He was also told that the ride has not been open long enough to shut it down for such a major refurb...I forget the amount of years that he said was required before they could close it down for an extended period of time, but I know EE hasn't reached it yet.

He said they know all of the effects don't work, and that they try to keep as many of them working at once as possible, especially when the ride's creator comes to ride.

I'm new here, so I'm not sure how much of this was said already, but I couldn't go through 44 pages to find out! I read the last few, however, and this seems to be the answers to some of the questions. :)

BigThunderMatt

Ok so I'm confused. I've heard two different explanations in regards to what's wrong with the Yeti.

The first I've heard is that the yeti is built on its own foundation. The track, the mountain and the yeti do not have any physical contact between one another. Disney screwed up and didn't lay the foundation for the yeti as deep as they should have, causing a structural weakness that continued A mode would have worsened.

But here I keep seeing references to a broken back. It seems as if an internal part of the yeti is completely broken, eliminating the possibility of A mode.

So what specifically is wrong with the yeti? Or is it a combination of the two reasons above or mere speculation at this point?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ok so I'm confused. I've heard two different explanations in regards to what's wrong with the Yeti.

The first I've heard is that the yeti is built on its own foundation. The track, the mountain and the yeti do not have any physical contact between one another. Disney screwed up and didn't lay the foundation for the yeti as deep as they should have, causing a structural weakness that continued A mode would have worsened.

But here I keep seeing references to a broken back. It seems as if an internal part of the yeti is completely broken, eliminating the possibility of A mode.

So what specifically is wrong with the yeti? Or is it a combination of the two reasons above or mere speculation at this point?
No one seems to know for sure and those that might ain't saying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom