EPCOT Center Odds and Ends with obnoxiously HUGE pics 9/5/09

Oddysey

Wow, what a mismatch mess of colors :(

Poor Epcot :(

I didn't like the new paint all that much when I first saw the pictures, but I have to say when I saw it in person it really looks good.

I am glad to see Epcot getting some love even if it is just flooring and paint.:D

raven

In The Land, while everyone has been wigging out over Living With the Land, a wall came down across the way. Just as I speculated a while back, the old Jr. Chef area became more seating for Sunshine Seasons.
3891153641_a5b49596ef_b.jpg

Hello, that section of seating opened last April. :hammer::lol:

Since I work there and can't take pictures during closed hours, how about I tell you stuff that's new or changed and then you can take pictures of them! :animwink:

SirGoofy

No, not poor EPCOT...:D NEW EPCOT! :D

Soon, the entire plaza will be these new colors!

And people will go blind on sunny summer days.

I really dislike the new colors. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

And that America shirt is terrible. How do you have cities like Vegas, Austin, and Seattle on there and not the birthplace of freaking America, Philadelphia?

EPCOT Explorer

And people will go blind on sunny summer days.

I really dislike the new colors. Tacky, tacky, tacky.

And that America shirt is terrible. How do you have cities like Vegas, Austin, and Seattle on there and not the birthplace of freaking America, Philadelphia?

:lol: It's not done yet....Let them finish.

And yeah, Philly is missing!:eek::fork: Washington DC, too!:(

SirNim

If Communicore turns into a giant rainbow :fork:

Ack! It should have a certain corporate campus aesthetic rather than Fantasyland.

IMO
As we all know, design trends are cyclical. I expect that once we weather this "storm" of zany color for a good 10, 15 years or so, the next refurbishment will necessarily consist of returning the aesthetic to one more akin to the classic, streamlined original. It's imminent! Hang in there!

EpcotServo

They should have a T-Shirt like that for every country.

Don't get me started, I looked far and wide for a Japan one and I would've bought it instantly had it existed. Kind of a waste to lack a T-Shirt for the best Pavilion, but have ones for most of the rest.
:brick:

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Hello, that section of seating opened last April. :hammer::lol:

Since I work there and can't take pictures during closed hours, how about I tell you stuff that's new or changed and then you can take pictures of them! :animwink:

It may have been, but I haven't seen anyone mention it, and it was the first time I'd noticed it, so I thought I'd share it for whoever might be interested. Certainly not a high-priority news item by any means.

You work in The Land? Where at?

jt04

:ROFLOL::rolleyes::ROFLOL:

Well caught, I give you that. :D

I'm pretty sure that it's all going to be Green and Blue.:lookaroun

I could live with the blue/green spectrum similar to how Energy has a red/yellow spectrum. But I think the original 1982 aesthetics were perfect and timeless. The EC designers knew what they were doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom