EPCOT Center Odds and Ends with obnoxiously HUGE pics 9/5/09

EPCOT Explorer

I was on the Promenade just east of Disney Traders.

This is happening more and more frequently, I first started noticing it around Christmas time where the Christmas BGM played just as loud as Illumination's score for the first half of the show before suddenly being turned sharply down. Ever since I have heard it happen at least 10 times with the regular World Showcase BGMs being left on.

Considering they had been getting it right for about 25-27 years before this, I'm thinking someone's getting a bit careless with the BGM. I had that happen last trip, where the last part of "Our Life" was still blaring at full volume through the first half of Mr. Cummings opening narration. Talk about a way to ruin the mood... :brick:

UGH, that's horrible.:fork: Isn't it all timed with the PreShow loop, anyway?

I PRAY that does not happen to me...:eek::lol: I would be furious.:lookaroun

raven

Those are not the tarp poles. Those are the Electric Umbrella canopie Poles.:animwink:

Actually they have been painting the tarp poles. The ones around the pin station were completed in the last couple of days and now they've moved on to the giant ones, starting with the one closest to Art of Disney last night. They did remove several small purple poles last night though from around the area.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Interesting. Thanks for the update. :)

And 'Ha!' to the canopy/pole haters. :lookaroun

Actually this is a good sign for us, because if Disney follows their pattern of totally removing something right after they refurbish it, that means they'll be going away soon. EPCOT even has the best precedent for this behavior, having started dismantling the wand just a couple of months after they went to all of the trouble of replacing all of the lights on it. :D :p :king:

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
^ Hmmm, but why all the work, if that's the case? :shrug:

I didn't say anything about it being rational, it's just a noticeable pattern of how Disney operates.

I suppose a telling sign will be how the poles are being painted. If they're turning blue and green, then they're probably safe for at least a little while longer. If another coat of purple is being thrown on, then they're probably going to bite the dust soon.

EPCOT Explorer

Actually they have been painting the tarp poles. The ones around the pin station were completed in the last couple of days and now they've moved on to the giant ones, starting with the one closest to Art of Disney last night. They did remove several small purple poles last night though from around the area.

:eek::sohappy::sohappy:

Well, that's VERY good.:D Kinda odd, though....I guess it doesn't need ALL of it's support?

raven

[/B]
:eek::sohappy::sohappy:

Well, that's VERY good.:D Kinda odd, though....I guess it doesn't need ALL of it's support?

Just the ones that are attached to the cables. The pin station is made to look like the very front of it holds the canopy but it's the center that anchors it.

I think the roadsigns in Innoventions East & West might be going back up again soon (now that most of the areas have something in them).

EPCOT Explorer

Just the ones that are attached to the cables. The pin station is made to look like the very front of it holds the canopy but it's the center that anchors it.

I think the roadsigns in Innoventions East & West might be going back up again soon (now that most of the areas have something in them).
Well...I hope a few MORE are removed.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom