EPCOT Center Odds and Ends with obnoxiously HUGE pics 9/5/09

EPCOT Explorer

Too "Baby Blue". I like dark. (be it Dark Blue, I.E. Soarin, or Dark Black I.E. My favorite shirts, my Knights I.E. The Dark Knight.)

But seriously, darker is better.

Or at least when it comes to blue.

*hack cough*RUINED LIVING SEAS*cough hack*
I liked the original LTS and it's nice white/tan scheme, but there is no shame in the blue version, either.

The real problem is the inside.:dazzle:

I like darker blue, too, but this isn't that light. And it seems to be in several shades, too.:D One of them matches my room.:lol:
Ok, wait. You go to Epcot and come back with just pictures of concrete to post for us? :lol:
Hey!:mad::lol: It's good and interesting concrete! :p

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Last time I saw this section, it was still the tile. Let's head inside, shall we? :D
3890534459_9d98ea04cf_b.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Just goes to show you that if you leave the basic design in place, you've still got a lot of leeway to change and update the pavilions, without majorly screwing it up.
3890534453_c59053f908_b.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Not great, but certainly much better than the view you would get from the equivalent vantage points in the other three quadrants.
3890534447_9e549778a2_b.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
My attempt at being artsy:
3890534443_f7df32a65a_b.jpg

Thinking back to the CommuniFloor stuff for a moment, we've all been salivating at the possibility of a rejuvenated Plaza, but we haven't really considered how the Blue/Green project might affect the rest of Future World. We're reasonably assuming that the new flooring pattern will swirl into the Plaza, but it looks like it could just as easily continue outward into Future World East and Future World West. Do you think they'd go that far? And how will these supposed blue and green buildings look from out there?

HMF

Thinking back to the CommuniFloor stuff for a moment, we've all been salivating at the possibility of a rejuvenated Plaza, but we haven't really considered how the Blue/Green project might affect the rest of Future World. We're reasonably assuming that the new flooring pattern will swirl into the Plaza, but it looks like it could just as easily continue outward into Future World East and Future World West. Do you think they'd go that far? And how will these supposed blue and green buildings look from out there?
I don't think they would go that far.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm thinking the motif will terminate outside the Inno buildings in the pavement. It would work in FW West, but East, no. UoE's colors clash.

I do hope that the use the colors, though, for signs and trashcans, though.

Testtrack321

I only see the blue/green being used to easily identify what side is what to the guests (Blue Innoventions vs Green), and that's about it.

Figment1986

nice photos, I can see them using the green and blue on suttle things, like the tip board and directional signs as well as trash cans... to help with the you are East or west...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom